PDA

View Full Version : Surplus Ammo and Arms

Sicilian
10-11-2011, 1:42 AM
I was going to buy a stripped lower for a .410 shotgun upper (need a lower with a fixed stock to be legal). Surplus Ammo and Arms has a great website with great prices on ammo and other stuff. They sell decent lowers (here (http://www.surplusammo.com/products/*Surplus-Ammo-%26-Arms-AR15-Stripped-Lower-Receiver.html)) under their own name, and made by Aero Precision.

I went to purchase one, and was about to input my credit card info, when I realized that they don't ship lowers to Cali. I called them up and spoke to a nice sales rep over the phone. She informed me that it was the owner's policy. I told her that they are missing out on potential sales, and she said that she has been an advocate for us in Cali, but they have no intention of selling any firearms to us.

Too bad. I have since found the same lower from a company that will ship to this state, so no big deal for me. But, this state's confusing laws have companies from out of state scared of legal consequences. I just thought I would share the story.

Anyone else have a similar experience from another company?

kemikalembalance
10-11-2011, 2:00 AM
LARUE TACTICAL!best products ever and i still support them but he will not ship a lower to cali. it was and act of god and a 100% mark up that got me mine.

West9319
10-11-2011, 2:39 AM
It is a shame but there are some of other companies that sell there lowers jse and marks armory are two.

Though surplus ammo is not all bad, got my upper from them and with in an hour from ordering they got it ready to ship and gave my my tracking#. Fast service and some good deals now and then.

Don29palms
10-11-2011, 7:22 AM
I personally will not buy anything from any company that chooses not to sell legal items to Kalifornia. And by the way there are quite a few. I will spend my money at companies that support us here in the USSK.

ZX-10R
10-11-2011, 7:37 AM
I respect companies that do not sell to CA...If CA wants stuff that the free states have then quit voting for libs and gun control freaks. You all deserve what you get...

One name for you Californians...Pelosi

Now go out and spread the word not to vote for idiots like that in the future.

I do business with AIM and they do not sell to CA and I say that proudly since I bought a gun from them and tons of ammo now and in the past when I was in a free state.

Don29palms
10-11-2011, 7:52 AM
I respect companies that do not sell to CA...If CA wants stuff that the free states have then quit voting for libs and gun control freaks. You all deserve what you get...

I do business with AIM and they do not sell to CA and I say that proudly since I bought a gun from them and tons of ammo now and in the past when I was in a free state.

That continues to be one of the dimbest excuses I've ever heard. Last time I voted I did vote out all the demonrats but for some reason it didn't work. Maybe it's because I only have one vote and no control over the free will of morons.

captbilly
10-11-2011, 10:53 AM
That continues to be one of the dimbest excuses I've ever heard. Last time I voted I did vote out all the demonrats but for some reason it didn't work. Maybe it's because I only have one vote and no control over the free will of morons.

I bought a couple of very nice LR 308 upper receivers from them at a very good price a week or two ago ($89). The shipped reasonably quickly and the parts were very well made.

As to the California gun laws: I cannot see how electing Republican/conservatives would change anything. While we had a Democratic Senate, House, and President, not a single anti gun law was passed. As I understand it the Democrats actually passed a couple of laws that the nra was lobbying for. The only problem that I see in our gun laws is a similar problem that I see whenever law makers craft legislation on any field they do not understand (high tech and energy are two that come to mind). The assault weapons ban is the ultimate example of a law that makes no sense to anyone familiar with guns (the law focuses on looks rather than substance), but that same sillyness shows up when you read about many laws dealing with energy policy, internet privacy and access, and a slew of things that would require expert knowledge to do well. When it comes to gun laws you have to choose between democrats that know lttle about guns, so they pass laws that accomplish little, and Republicans who know only slightly more about guns, but are unwilling to do anything to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people. Personally I belive there are people out there that I wouldn't be worried about if they owned a tank with working weapons systems, but similarlynthere are people out there who shouldn't be allowed to own a slingshot. I think gun laws should concentrate more on the responsibilities of gun ownership than the kind of guns a responsible person can own.

Sicilian
10-11-2011, 3:55 PM
It is a shame but there are some of other companies that sell there lowers jse and marks armory are two.

Though surplus ammo is not all bad, got my upper from them and with in an hour from ordering they got it ready to ship and gave my my tracking#. Fast service and some good deals now and then.

Yep. I will continue to buy what I can from Surplus ammo - provided someone else does not have a lower price. They do have some great deals now and then.

I personally will not buy anything from any company that chooses not to sell legal items to Kalifornia. And by the way there are quite a few. I will spend my money at companies that support us here in the USSK.

If Company A sells an item for less than Company B, then Company A gets my money. The only thing that would keep my money from them would be terrible customer service (for example Rguns.com who are a total bunch of A-holes :mad:)

I totally understand why companies from out of state would not sell guns to us. The laws are just too ambiguous, and no company wants to be part of the next test case.

However, there is little we can do in the way of voting to change anything. It really is too bad. Think about this; when was the last time a republican congress offered up any pro-gun legislation? It just doesn't happen. It keeps the Pro-gun movement on the constant defensive, which will never succeed.