PDA

View Full Version : More of a .45ACP carbine / mag question....

DannyInSoCal
10-10-2011, 10:00 PM
I've already built a featureless AR to run my old mags -

But can I run my old 15rd 1911 mags in my .45 carbine...?

I'm thinking "NO" since it requires a bullet button due to the mag-in-the-pistol-grip configuration.

Thought I'd ask the experts here....

Thanx, Danny

bohoki
10-10-2011, 10:28 PM
if the rifle accepts detachable magazines then you can use any capacity

Mssr. Eleganté
10-10-2011, 10:34 PM
If your semi-auto centerfire rifle has a pistol grip, then it needs a non-detachable magazine.

If your semi-auto centerfire rifle has a non-detachable magazine, then the magazine capacity has to be 10 rounds or less.

The fact that the magazine goes into the pistol grip doesn't make a difference with rifles. It sounds like you have a non-detachable magazine (because of the "bullet button") so you need to keep your magazine capacity at 10 rounds or less.

Rekrab
10-11-2011, 1:44 AM
You could always build your 1911 carbine into a featureless rifle. Slap a grip fin and remove any other features. Then you're done.

DannyInSoCal
10-11-2011, 9:30 AM
You could always build your 1911 carbine into a featureless rifle. Slap a grip fin and remove any other features. Then you're done.

I thought about the grip fin/muzzle brake change - But I remembered something about pistol grip mags on a carbine and couldn't find the info...

Rekrab
10-11-2011, 12:06 PM
If you put a grip fin over your pistol grip it will no longer be considered a "pistol grip." Doesn't matter where you insert the magazine.