View Full Version : Santa Cruz Gun Locks - vehicle mounted Ar-15

10-10-2011, 9:40 PM
Hey all,
So as in another thread I stated I am moving to Idaho for school, sadly space will be limited and my residence for the next bit will not allow me to have many firearms. I intend on bringing my CZ Sp-01 and my Retro Ar-15. I am currently looking into a Santa Cruz Gun Lock for the AR-15, It is basically a big handcuff that is mounted to something stable. In my case it would be under the rear passenger seat of my truck. Also a locking carpeted wooden box I have encloses the whole under seat area so It would not be visible.
Does anyone have any experience with Santa Cruz Gun Locks? It seems like allot of police departments are using them. I know they are pricey, but it would be a huge piece of mind to have it locked up and let me secure it there.

Also, I am looking for a safe or lock box for my CZ SP01 (and hopefully a Glock 26) which I can have in the front. It seems like the vaults I see are not made for my year truck (2000 F-150) or would not fit under my seats. I am tempted to buy one of those small lock boxes that come with a cable. Any experience with these?

10-11-2011, 3:37 PM
Not a good choice for long term storage. The winters will be brutal to the gun being stored in the car. Cold air meets warm car heater= condensation.

Where are you gonna be in Idaho? Spend just a little money for convenience.

Start here.