PDA

View Full Version : About time a Legislator spoke out .. "Tyranny"

hadjin
10-10-2011, 9:47 PM
Gun advocates and most Republican lawmakers have criticized the law, saying it targets law-abiding citizens. State Assemblyman Tim Donnelly, R-Hesperia, said Brown sent the message that he has no respect for the Constitution.
"There are risks to living in a free state, and for the governor to take away and chisel away at the Second Amendment right when he claimed to respect it, it just kind of shows his true colors," Donnelly said.

"It's really a form of tyranny," he said of the ban.
http://news.yahoo.com/gov-signs-bill-banning-open-carry-handguns-003438967.html

swilson
10-10-2011, 10:12 PM
It's the latest step in a long history of tyranny. Subjugation by disarmament.

Donny1
10-11-2011, 9:14 AM
State Assemblyman Tim Donnelly, R-Hesperia, said Brown sent the message that he has no respect for the Constitution.

He spoke at our Chamber meeting last week. We need more like him.

redking
10-11-2011, 9:49 AM
What can we do about this?

Barabas
10-11-2011, 10:11 AM
What can we do about this?

Donate to CGF. Eat a sandwich, take a nap.

redking
10-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Donate to CGF. Eat a sandwich, take a nap.

Which over the limit credit card do you accept? ;)

HowardW56
10-11-2011, 10:34 AM

The one that is tolerant of you going even further over the limit..... :rolleyes:

bwiese
10-11-2011, 10:37 AM
He spoke at our Chamber meeting last week. We need more like him.

Then tell Republicans to stop their personal-life-interference nonsense and try to get electable.

Right now they can't even win a term for State Dogcatcher.

IGOTDIRT4U
10-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Then tell Republicans to stop their personal-life-interference nonsense and try to get electable.

There's a State Dogcatcher position?!?

Seriously, it's about time we all took the time to sit down and think all this through. The current Richards/Prieto cases are all tuned up and ready to take on AB 144. If it isn't a slam dunk at the current level it will be at a higher court. It's just time that annoys us. We can't have everything now, but trust me, I can tell it will be soon. Ever stop to think Brown signed this knowing it was political favor rather than good law?

Just Dave
10-11-2011, 10:55 AM

Jerry Brown (D) Just passed laws prohibiting our 2A rights (personal-life-interference nonsense).
What do the Republicans do to trample our constitutional rights?

Barabas
10-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Jerry Brown (D) Just passed laws prohibiting our 2A rights (personal-life-interference nonsense).
What do the Republicans do to trample our constitutional rights?

Have you been in California long? How about the USA?

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2004/07/293284.shtml

Don't forget the Brady's Paul Helmke. He's a republican.

Obviously a Plant
10-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Off the top of my head I think the interference is not about the constitution, but about the lack of "live and let live" ethos. A big detractor to the party is intolerance of how other people live. Putting those kinds of restrictions on things that may or may not effect you is a poor precedent and encourages the diminishment of all our freedoms...

But back to the topic at hand...

Ubermcoupe
10-11-2011, 11:08 AM

The one that won't melt. :thumbsup:

Just Dave
10-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Have you been in California long?

20+ years.

I have found that your 'less then conservative' republicans are no better than the other party.

When I moved here George Deukmejian was the gov. I remember we were a free state.

You don't want to know what state I moved from.

Barabas
10-11-2011, 11:21 AM
20+ years.

I have found that your 'less then conservative' republicans are no better than the other party.

When I moved here George Deukmejian was the gov. I remember we were a free state.

You don't want to know what state I moved from.

They've got an (R) after their name, don't they? Please see my edited post above. Everyone's cowboy hero, Reagan, signed the Mulford Act as governor and then supported the Brady Bill as president. He predates Deukmejian a little.

You've been here long enough, how are you helping to change your Republican party in CA?

Just Dave
10-11-2011, 11:22 AM
They've got an (R) after their name, don't they? Please see my edited post above. Everyone's cowboy hero, Reagan, signed the Mulford Act as governor and then supported the Brady Bill as president. He predates Deukmejian a little.

You're here now, how are you helping to change CA's Republican party?

We get hit on both sides don't we? I wonder (if we are going to politicize this) how the two parties fair side by side.

Oh...I'm registered NP. Nether party represents me.

Barabas
10-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Two sides of the same coin. Party politics are poison.

Just Dave
10-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Two sides of the same coin. Party politics are poison.

The state I moved from had a flee law, if someone were to break into your house you were to flee instead of defend.

That same state had mandatory licenses for handguns, if you were caught with a handgun and no license you would spend a mandatory one year in jail.

Just Dave
10-11-2011, 11:55 AM
I don't believe them.

http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/republican_party_gun_control.htm

http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/democratic_party_gun_control.htm

Sutcliffe
10-11-2011, 12:01 PM

Last election pretty much proved it. The state is circling the drain and we keep electing the same morons who put us here.

vantec08
10-11-2011, 12:13 PM
State Dogcatcher?? I nominate Blabs Boxer. Do I have a second?

bwiese
10-11-2011, 1:04 PM
20+ years.

He signed Roberti-Roos.