View Full Version : Sold my featureless AK...But...

10-10-2011, 8:11 PM
I knew there would be questions... The salesman took it out of the case and said I could not transfer this. I told him there was no pistol grip, Verticle foregrip, folding or collapsable stock, or flash suppressor. Therefore it was a legal rifle without a BB. He said "It sounds like you are trying to tell me my job." I bit my tounge...Almost said that I guess that someone has too... :facepalm:

He dissapeared for a few minuites and came back and completed the transfer. He didn't say much...Seemed upset that a regular guy knew more that he did...Another know it all salesperson, re-educated. :D I'm still laughing...

NorCal Einstein
10-10-2011, 8:26 PM
Now, do you mind sharing where you went?

10-10-2011, 11:06 PM
I would've made sure to let him (and everyone within earshot) know that he was wrong and legally obligated to do the transfer. Actually, I have done that before :43:

10-11-2011, 5:32 AM
Recently bought a Saiga 7.62 from a member on here and the gun shop owner thought it was a 'assault' weapon when doing FFL transfer. It's not converted.

Full Clip
10-11-2011, 5:37 AM
I sold another board member a 1942 SVT-40 rifle:
We went to Turners and Pasadena and were tossed out for trying to "deal in illegal assault weapons." Sheesh.

10-11-2011, 8:23 AM
Where did you go for the transfer?

If you're in Santa Clara you should have just gone over to Roger's Relics.

10-11-2011, 8:36 AM
I am used to it, I was told there is no way to get an XDm in California unless you were a "sworn peace officer", so I asked about single shot exemption or ppt and the young girl said "not legal" so I pulled out some documentation and she explained that an ATF agent had come in to bust someone trying to buy one "just the other day"....problem with some shot is they have the money to open the shops but can't find good people to run them. Get used to it, a lot of gun shops suck....My experience was at the Shootist in Murrieta CA....not the first time I have had BS answers from them. The time before they guy told me that they don't sell mil-spec buffer tubes (which I had bought from them a week before) and that commercial was all they had because of market demand. BAAAAAAH!