PDA

View Full Version : Tried to buy my Cobra Derringer today...

KumanK
10-10-2011, 6:29 PM
So I went to Fowler Gun Room in Orange today to buy my new .38 Special Cobra derringer. These guys were great, very knowledgeable and friendly. The problem was that I recently got my class A drivers license and got a paper temp license and a hole in my old license. The old license isn't expired it is still good but they punched it for some reason. So I couldnt complete the purchase and start the DROS. I paid $200 with a military discount in full including all transfer fees but my new toy has to stay in jail until the DMV sends the new license, and we all know how long the DMV takes to do anything so Im (un)patiently waiting for who knows how long.

Munk
10-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Heh, 2 weeks.

Assuming there's no backlog issue like when they did the switchover to the new "secure" cards, their response time for sending out cards has been pretty damn solid for me. It's just a matter of firing up the machine and making a lackey toss it in an envelope.

ivanimal
10-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Been there before it took days not weeks.

BigFatGuy
10-10-2011, 10:55 PM
My wife just replaced her license, it was surprisingly fast... a week I think.

bruceflinch
10-11-2011, 5:15 AM
Derringers are cool, but I've yet to enjoy shooting one.....

nick
10-11-2011, 6:58 AM
So I went to Fowler Gun Room in Orange today to buy my new .38 Special Cobra derringer. These guys were great, very knowledgeable and friendly. The problem was that I recently got my class A drivers license and got a paper temp license and a hole in my old license. The old license isn't expired it is still good but they punched it for some reason. So I couldnt complete the purchase and start the DROS. I paid $200 with a military discount in full including all transfer fees but my new toy has to stay in jail until the DMV sends the new license, and we all know how long the DMV takes to do anything so Im (un)patiently waiting for who knows how long.

Enjoy the 20# trigger pull (and yes, I do own one). So, the price with tax was about $170?

KumanK
10-11-2011, 8:14 PM
well thanks for the kind words but it has already been 6 weeks. since I passed my DMV test. The total was $179 and the Military discount was 10%

jessegpresley
10-11-2011, 10:02 PM
This is one of those spur of the moment purchases. The gun you shoot 5 rounds out of, pack up, and lose in the back of your safe.