PDA

View Full Version : Sig Marking Expert Needed!

scfrogmansc
10-10-2011, 5:04 PM
I have a P232 SL compared it to a friends I noticed my has different marking, can anyone tell me more about it?

thanks

dfens
10-10-2011, 5:32 PM
The AE part usually indicates a year code which means year made if it's like my H&K then it was made in 2004.

The middle marking I'm not sure.

As for the first symbol it's a eagle over a N which is the German proof marking, which means that part was made in Germany. Usually if your gun is all German made which is better than a USA one quality wise the Slide, Frame, and barrel hood will have that mark.

Kodachrome
10-10-2011, 7:28 PM
On my 230SL it has the date code on the recoil surround below the barrel. Two letter code if made in W. Germany, after unification no code or code on frame.
I have a 229 that has a similar code on the frame and on another forum I think it has something to do with where manufactured.

paintballdad
10-10-2011, 9:06 PM
The first marking means it was proofed with smokeless powder (nitro?), the second is for the proof house in Kiel, Germany and the AE means it was proofed in 2004. Sig Sauers completely manufactured in Germany will exhibit those markings on the slide, barrel and frame. Pistols fully or partially manufactured in the US will lack those markings.