PDA

View Full Version : Thank you CGF

Mstrty
10-10-2011, 2:51 PM
California's constant barrage of feel good, non-sense able, anti-gun legislation may cause weak minded (self included) pro gun enthusiasts to lose confidence with the State and the citizens that run it. I want to take a moment to applaud the constant effort put forth by the Calgun foundation and those that donate to the organization. I will continue to donate (https://calgunsfoundation.org/donate.html) and encourage others to do the same. Donations by me is the best I can do. I am not a lawyer. I understand less than half of the legal-ease that is spoken here. I appreciate those who have donated their time and money, as others ridicule and gawk.
I would also like to thank Kes and CGN for keeping this premier board up and running. Having a location to gather support and allow like minded individuals a space to communicate FOR FREE also deserves a big round of applause.
Keep up the fight guys we need you.

lawaia
10-10-2011, 2:57 PM
Here, here!!!!!!!:clap:

GOEX FFF
10-10-2011, 3:04 PM
:rockon: :iagree:

woodsman
10-10-2011, 3:06 PM
Recent events and a 99% full moon have made for entertaining reading today.

We shall adapt, improvise and overcome.

oldrifle
10-10-2011, 3:08 PM
Donate Now (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=108030)

smogcity
10-10-2011, 3:11 PM
I would be LOST with out calguns...

I still remember the long coffee fueled 1st Calguns session where I discovered that an AR was actually legal/possible in California.

The leadership shown here and legal discourse on this forum are my favorite part of being a Californian these days.

sevensix2x51
10-10-2011, 3:14 PM

In for a 20 spot. Not much, but it's all I can spare. Keep up the fight!

Mstrty
10-10-2011, 3:14 PM
I would be LOST with out calguns...

I still remember the long coffee fueled 1st Calguns session where I discovered that an AR was actually legal/possible in California.

The leadership shown here and legal discourse on this forum are my favorite part of being a Californian these days.

That and I cant forget CGF each and every time I clean my off list pistol.

Temporaryscars
10-10-2011, 3:15 PM
You all seem pretty well organized. How is it that these same morons keep getting voted into office?

pointedstick
10-10-2011, 3:17 PM
I agree wholeheartedly! Losses are frustrating, but CGF is going to do a great job turning them into wins anyway. :)

pointedstick
10-10-2011, 3:19 PM
You all seem pretty well organized. How is it that these same morons keep getting voted into office?

Politics is above all a numbers game. I think Meg Whitman proved this admirably by demonstrating how she couldn't buy an election even by outspending her geriatric rival ten to one. Statist types have the numbers in this state, plain and simple. Now, groups like CGF can have a disproportionate impact anyway, but it's not gonna be by electing pro-gun legislators.

Temporaryscars
10-10-2011, 3:22 PM
Certainly there are areas of the state that are gun-friendly, right? I mean, this site alone proves that not everyone is in an LA state of mind.

eville
10-10-2011, 3:37 PM
Here here. Thanks for not being discouraged by all of the checker players on the boards. We appreciate all of your patient efforts.

stix213
10-10-2011, 3:44 PM
Certainly there are areas of the state that are gun-friendly, right? I mean, this site alone proves that not everyone is in an LA state of mind.

Correct. Approximately half this state is shall issue for carry licenses. Other than the state capital, the shall issue areas are mostly the more rural counties. The SF Bay Area and LA area are all on the restrictive side, which is also where the majority of us live though :(

Temporaryscars
10-10-2011, 3:47 PM
Sounds familiar...

ElvenSoul
10-10-2011, 3:54 PM
You guys really thought he would VETO! Come on how long ya been a 2A Supporter? Don't you know we have to sue their a@@es in court to get any rights.

bomb_on_bus
10-10-2011, 6:35 PM
you guys are going to have to go about it the legal and financial way is your best hope of beating the bradys. If it werent for Calguns I would still have a Keltec instead of the dozen of other guns ARs included.

Im just glad that there are people who are joining this website and becoming informed.

Paul S
10-10-2011, 6:47 PM
Yes indeed...thanks Calguns and the foundation.

What a pleasure to see a string of positive posts rather than the gloom, doom and sniping in some of the other threads.

Slapped around some...yes...but we ain't done...not by a long shot. Keep truckin' and stay the course.

Ubermcoupe
10-10-2011, 6:49 PM
If you haven't you should! :) (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=1313572&postcount=1)

Thank you to all for what you do and keep fighting the good fight :)

Mstrty
10-11-2011, 10:34 PM

Much better link. Thanks

chiselchst
10-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Yes indeed...thanks Calguns and the foundation.

What a pleasure to see a string of positive posts rather than the gloom, doom and sniping in some of the other threads.

Slapped around some...yes...but we ain't done...not by a long shot. Keep truckin' and stay the course.

Yes on the positive comments! There seems to be a core group here that understands that this situation will see some cloudy days, but are very optomistic, and willing to stay the course, fighting until justice is done.

I'm very proud to be associated with such a great group of folks here. And I truly appreciate and value the enormous effort that many people are doing, and have done here. That work, in my mind, is never taken lightly...