PDA

View Full Version : So if I run a featureless rifle, can 30 rndrs still get me in trouble?

pc_load_letter
10-10-2011, 3:14 PM
I was PM'ing a gentleman about a training class and I inquired about how students were dropping mags etc for the carbine class.

He indicated that some used gpiks, guitar piks, UBBT but he personally recommended the Solar Tactical kydex wrap.

I decided to go home and see how the grip\hold on the rifle would feel on my SCAR without a wrap-around thumbgrip and no VFG.

Felt okay after running around my house playing imaginary CQB so I figured I'd order one up.

That being said, since I am looking to run my rifle featureless, that allows for 30 round mags to be used a drop free. Question...are running 30 rounders still a chance proposition?

Would\could a forestry worker\Fish&Game\LEO or CADOJ agent arrest me for just having them?

I understand the burden of proof is on them if I told them that I "found" them, did have some mags previously but they were stolen etc etc?

Apologies for being so long winded. Hope someone could shed some light on the use of 30 rounders with a featureless build.

Thanks!

Librarian
10-10-2011, 3:16 PM
That's the point of a featureless build.

As to magazine issues otherwise, see the link in my .sig.

djleisure
10-10-2011, 3:18 PM
Advice given. Advice taken. :)

Ed_Hazard
10-10-2011, 3:23 PM
Plain and simple, if you did not have any +10 mags prior to the ban you cant legally have them now, all gifted(illegal by the way)/found/ wink, wink, nods aside.

pc_load_letter
10-10-2011, 3:40 PM
Gotcha, I will fix my first post.

Sheesh, almost seems not worth it. Might as well keep the BB on there.

So, your father-in-law gave you those mags while you were in CA before the year 2000, correct? Because otherwise, you just admitted to a felony and I can't offer you any advice other than, "SHUT UP!" It's nobodies business where or when you got your 30 round mags. Seriously.

Merc1138
10-10-2011, 4:15 PM

Even without 30 round magazines, a featureless rifle still gives you the ability to use a normal magazine release with 10 round mags. So going featureless wouldn't be entirely pointless.

djleisure
10-10-2011, 4:19 PM

Fixed mine as well... and the over-arching point of my advice given for hi-cap mags in your possession is that they are NOT illegal to possess and use in a properly configured rifle. Period. That's it.

djleisure
10-10-2011, 4:21 PM
Even without 30 round magazines, a BB still gives you the ability to use a normal magazine release with 10 round mags. So going featureless wouldn't be entirely pointless.
I think what you mean to say is that since you do NOT have a BB on a featureless rifle, then you can still drop mags (regardless of their capacity) quicker using the standard mag release.

Merc1138
10-10-2011, 4:23 PM
I think what you mean to say is that since you do NOT have a BB on a featureless rifle, then you can still drop mags (regardless of their capacity) quicker using the standard mag release.

Good catch, I had a brain fart while typing that.

djleisure
10-10-2011, 4:32 PM
Good catch, I had a brain fart while typing that.
Heh - happens to the best of us! :D

Sniper3142
10-10-2011, 7:43 PM
Plain and simple, if you did not have any +10 mags prior to the ban you cant legally have them now, all gifted(illegal by the way)/found/ wink, wink, nods aside.

Worth repeating.