PDA

View Full Version : M1 Carbine Stock - Slimmer Version?

insin
10-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Hello all,
I have a M1 Carbine with a newly manufactured walnut stock that I bought the rifle with. I love this rifle, as it is very handy, however the portion where my firing hand grips the rifle behind the trigger feels like it is a tad too wide. Is there another stock option, preferably in wood finish, that might be a little slimmer in the hand gripping area? The stock that I have is a regular butt stock variety, no pistol grip or anything like that. To tell you the truth I don't even know if this newly made stock is of the "correct" specs of a GI version

Thank you for the help.

Iknownot
10-10-2011, 2:17 PM
There have been a variety of slightly different types of Carbine stocks made over time, whether you are talking about WWII style, potbelly, aftermarket etc.

I'm sure you could probably find one that fit you better, but how you would go about that with out trying them out beforehand, I don't know. Maybe if you post pics of your current stock, people would have a better idea of what you are talking about.

As far as I know, an actual WWII stock will be about the slimmest carbine stock you can get.