PDA

View Full Version : G30, G26 IWB holsters

NorCalAthlete
10-10-2011, 1:55 PM
I like this one right here :
http://www.lapolicegear.com/desantis-eighteen-11-holster.html

but unfortunately it's not offered for a G30 or G26. Also not offered for a Kimber Custom TLE or any other 1911. Anyone know of someone who makes an identical design but for a G26, G30, or 1911?

I should note that I already have a Blackhawk Serpa, blackhawk neoprene single clip IWB w/ velcro thumb break, and crossbreed supertuck. The neoprene single clip is the closest design to the one I linked, but no adjustable cant, and neoprene instead of kydex. Closest kydex holster would be the crossbreed, and while it's comfortable enough I'd like something a little less bulky and easier to put on / take off.

InGrAM
10-10-2011, 4:49 PM
This one is offered for the G26, it is a great holster. I use one for my CC Commander and Hi-Power (the same holster). The rough outer layer keeps it from pulling out when you draw your CC gun and the interior of the holster is smooth leather so the gun can be drawn without snag.

El-Paso IWB holster:
http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-226-21-summer-cruiser.aspx

Foriegn power
10-10-2011, 11:30 PM
coachg1935@gmail.com

Contact that guy, he makes great kydex holsters that will make your G26 invisible! Trust me, he's on glocktalk.com ask him for photos of his work. No need for $30-40+ holsters his price is more than reasonable and functional.

iBkickinit
10-11-2011, 9:29 AM
I have and love the Comp-Tac Minotaur. I carry my G30 in it. It is a Kydex holster with a leather paddle. You can even get replacement Kydex pieces for other pistols. http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/142624/comp-tac-minotaur-mtac-inside-the-waistband-holster-right-hand-glock-29-30-kydex-and-leather-black-tan

DRAB_81
10-11-2011, 9:53 AM
I have had a G30SF in just about every style of IWB holster out there, and the MTAC was the best. With a brick like the G30, the all leather holsters added too much thickness, and the all kydex holsters were not comfortable at all for me. Also, single point attached IWB hoksters that use one clip aren't the greatest for thicker, heavier CCW guns like the G30. The MTAC distributes the weight perfectly, and keeps the gun in the same place all day. There were 2 reasons I chose the MTAC over the Crossbreed Supertuck. You can get holster bodies for different guns, and the muzzle is covered.

NorCalAthlete
10-11-2011, 11:00 AM
I have had a G30SF in just about every style of IWB holster out there, and the MTAC was the best. With a brick like the G30, the all leather holsters added too much thickness, and the all kydex holsters were not comfortable at all for me. Also, single point attached IWB hoksters that use one clip aren't the greatest for thicker, heavier CCW guns like the G30. The MTAC distributes the weight perfectly, and keeps the gun in the same place all day. There were 2 reasons I chose the MTAC over the Crossbreed Supertuck. You can get holster bodies for different guns, and the muzzle is covered.

Interesting point on changing out the bodies, that WOULD be pretty handy. I don't know why the muzzle being covered would make a difference though, can you elaborate on that? One thing that's nice about the Crossbreed is it'll fit a 3", 4", 5", or even 6" 1911 just fine due to the end being open. Same with the one I have for my G30.

DRAB_81
10-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Interesting point on changing out the bodies, that WOULD be pretty handy. I don't know why the muzzle being covered would make a difference though, can you elaborate on that? One thing that's nice about the Crossbreed is it'll fit a 3", 4", 5", or even 6" 1911 just fine due to the end being open. Same with the one I have for my G30.

I have an irrational fear of the front sight hanging up on my pants or boxers. It could theoretically pinch fabric between the front sight and the kydex during a draw, and get stuck or delayed. Out of the go'zillion guys that have CBST's, I have never heard of this happening, but this is yet another case where I think I'm smarter than everyone else...

Plus it makes the finish wear unevenly, and can wear a hole in your pants like a wallet or a can of snuff.

If you don't mind the muzzle being uncovered, Comp-Tac makes a "slide" body for the MTAC (fits like the CBST kydex).
The 9/40/357 "Slide" will fit the G17/17L/19/22/23/24/26/27/31/32/34/35
The 45/10mm "Slide" will fit the G20/21/29/30.

c3 rolling
10-11-2011, 9:19 PM
rmholsters.com ...........I own 4 of them.

bsg
10-11-2011, 9:38 PM
if you like leather and want a simple clip IWB holster of high quality, consider Alessi's offerings of the Talon and Talon Plus, these are both made in the minimalist tradition with thin, semi hardened/stiff leather. form, fit and quality of craftsmanship are excellent. the Talon Plus has an additional strip of leather across the holster's mouth to aid in reholstering. the Talon does not have this added feature. the Talon example i own is for my G26 and was made when Lou Alessi was still alive.

infernl
10-11-2011, 9:40 PM
Crossbreed SuperTuck - available for G30... I'm digging mine. Super freaking comfy.

DRAB_81
10-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Crossbreed SuperTuck - available for G30... I'm digging mine. Super freaking comfy.

The OP already has a CBST for his G30...