PDA

View Full Version : GOV> Brown In Violation of Federal Long Gun Registration Act

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 1:12 PM
If I have to I will place GOV Brown under citizens arrest for violation of the U.S. Constitution and laws governing the registration of Longguns in the state of CA. Current federal law prohibits record keeping of longguns which starting today CA is requireing longguns to be recorded in their state registry by make model and serial.

I would like to have a large group behind me or I am willing to go at it alone. I am tired of the attacks on the rights given to us by the great people who created this country and those that fought to protect it all these years.

Oceanbob
10-10-2011, 1:16 PM
Do you have the law so we can read it.? Also, I think the long gun registration starts in Jan 2014. Correct me if I am wrong.

Be well, Bob

G60
"starting today"

Incorrect.

GOEX FFF
If I have to I will place GOV Brown under citizens arrest for violation of the U.S. Constitution and laws governing the registration of Longguns in the state of CA. Current federal law prohibits record keeping of longguns which starting today CA is requireing longguns to be recorded in their state registry by make model and serial.

I would like to have a large group behind me or I am willing to go at it alone. I am tired of the attacks on the rights given to us by the great people who created this country and those that fought to protect it all these years.

It starts 2014.

This is what I also fear is the out-of-state sellers will also think it starts right now. And further deny sales to CA.

We still have 2 YEARS to fight it.

Iskra
10-10-2011, 1:18 PM
If I have to I will place GOV Brown under citizens arrest (snip)

Let me know how that works out for you

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 1:18 PM
well according to a gunshop they no longer have the abbility on the dros system to register more than 1 long gun at a time forcing you to have to pay for each additional longgun purchased

OleCuss
10-10-2011, 1:20 PM
well according to a gunshop they no longer have the abbility on the dros system to register more than 1 long gun at a time forcing you to have to pay for each additional longgun purchased

I'm not the expert on this, but I think that is the Obama administration.

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 1:22 PM
Look at ATF rule books at any FFL. In that book it clearly states a registration system for long guns is not required and all records except for the 4473 which is kept on location at a gun shop is to be destroyed

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 1:23 PM
I would love to place OBAMA under citizens arrest as well but according to his lackeys an libtards hes GOD

Gray Peterson
10-10-2011, 1:25 PM
Only applies to the us government. Does not apply to state.

hoffmang
10-10-2011, 1:26 PM
The Federal law your mentioning only binds the Federal Government - not the states.

-Gene

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 1:27 PM
Do you have the law so we can read it.? Also, I think the long gun registration starts in Jan 2014. Correct me if I am wrong.

Be well, Bob

yes majority does start 2014 but starting today gunshops have to also register each longgun on an individual dros requiring 30 per lg. what a state racket to collect funds.

Kestryll
10-10-2011, 1:28 PM
If I have to I will place GOV Brown under citizens arrest for violation of the U.S. Constitution and laws governing the registration of Longguns in the state of CA.

I would like to have a large group behind me or I am willing to go at it alone

Good luck with that, let us know how that works out for you..

I doubt you're going to find too many willing to be part of your 'large group'.
Most of would rather keep doing things that will actually help 2A instead of ending up in a looney bin or as a recurring guest with Alex Jones.
It's often hard to tell those two apart anyway.

ETA: On second thought I'd follow you in, at a distance with a vidcam.
Someone's got to record it for youtube..

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 1:29 PM
GOV is however in voilation of current fed law by signing a bill that goes against it. same thing like the brady act and S.b. 23 same action should have been taken then

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 1:30 PM
Good luck with that, let us know how that works out for you..

I doubt you're going to find too many willing to be part of your 'large group'.
Most of would rather keep doing things that will actually help 2A instead of ending up in a looney bin or as a recurring guest with Alex Jones. It's often hard to tell those two apart anyway.

Im not crazy I served this country an find it very offensive to attack the constitution that is ment to protect us from tyrants

Connor P Price
10-10-2011, 1:32 PM
As has been explained, there is no violation of federal law. You attempting to effect a citizens arrest would likely lead to charges off false imprisonment and or kidnapping depending on your methods. Although realistically you'd be stopped well before getting to that point.

Good luck, and remember when the cops show up the proper response from you would be "don't tase me bro."

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

BigDogatPlay
10-10-2011, 1:33 PM
If I have to I will place GOV Brown under citizens arrest for violation of the U.S. Constitution and laws governing the registration of Longguns in the state of CA.

There is no arrestable offense in the US Constitution.

Current federal law prohibits record keeping of longguns which starting today CA is requireing longguns to be recorded in their state registry by make model and serial.

Federal law prohibits federal officials from record keeping or databasing. It has no control over what states do. States can have more restrictive standards than the feds, so long as those standards do not infringe a civil right or contradict federal law (think medical marijuana here). Until a competent court rules that long gun registration is an infringement, it's legal.

Let us know what CHP thinks of your idea. You might want to look up PC 69 in advance..... :)

safewaysecurity
10-10-2011, 1:33 PM
The Federal law your mentioning only binds the Federal Government - not the states.

-Gene

Doesn't D.C have long gun registration? They are federal property. Or is this a law that prevents the ATF from making a registration requirement without legislation?

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 1:34 PM

-Gene

theres also something in there that states state laws should be equal to not lesser or greater than federal law

Kestryll
10-10-2011, 1:36 PM
Im not crazy
You may not be, but the idea of trying to 'rally the troops' to arrest the Governor is crazy.
It wouldn't work and would only serve to provide fuel to the media and anti-civil rights groups that firearms owners are wacky extremists.

I served this country an find it very offensive to attack the constitution that is meant to protect us from tyrants
A) Thank you for your service.

B) It is offensive but that doesn't mean we abandon thought and act blindly.
Our actions and our words have to be carefully chosen and used as effectively as possible. This means not helping the opposition by giving them ammo and thinking through a plan and sticking to it when things look rough.

Fight smarter, not harder.

Connor P Price
10-10-2011, 1:40 PM
theres also something in there that states state laws should be equal to not lesser or greater than federal law

Cite?

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 1:40 PM
Courts are corrupt and fail us more often than not. This GOV is becomming no better than the previous one we declaired independance from in 1776. I love this country but hate the gov

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 1:45 PM
Yeah well you saying that medi-pot thing that is going on in ca, it is gonna be shut down by the feds. my friend is a security gaurd an his company is waiting for the letter by the feds as we speak telling them to cease aid to these facilities or face fed prosecution

wash
10-10-2011, 1:45 PM
Hmm, I just had a though.

Could we attack both the long gun and pistol registration in 2014?

It might be more PC than going after the pistol registration alone.

Maybe this is a good thing?

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 1:47 PM
The CA DROS system is less effective and costs the taxpayer more to run it than the more effective NICS system and 15 min registration

Connor P Price
10-10-2011, 1:51 PM
The CA DROS system is less effective and costs the taxpayer more to run it than the more effective NICS system and 15 min registration

What 15 min registration do you speak of? NICS isn't registration, its a background check.

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 1:55 PM
there are states that do an insta-check takes about 15 mins an you walk out with the weapon no 10 day waiting period. They use the NICS to perform the background check

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 1:57 PM
my point being was NICS is way more effective and takes less time and money to use. This state just wants to tax everything 10 times over with different regs.

POLICESTATE
10-10-2011, 1:57 PM
Im not crazy I served this country an find it very offensive to attack the constitution that is ment to protect us from tyrants

You'll end up looking as silly as the people who tried to make citizen's arrest on Karl Rove. Kestrel nailed it, the idea of using citizen's arrest for violation of constitutional law is big with the Alex Jones crowd.

If you're listening to that guy, do yourself a favor and stop. You'll just get yourself riled up to the point where you won't be of any use to anyone, least of all yourself and your family.

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 1:58 PM
next thing they will think of is an EPA fee for every time a round is discharged

BigDogatPlay
10-10-2011, 1:58 PM
there are states that do an insta-check takes about 15 mins an you walk out with the weapon no 10 day waiting period. They use the NICS to perform the background check

California does as well.... DROS and NICS are separate but not mutually exclusive to each other. Part of the DROS process is running a NICS check.

wash
10-10-2011, 1:59 PM
How do you measure effectiveness?

CA legislators measure it by how long they can keep you from owning a gun. I bet they really like that ~11 day delay.

Connor P Price
10-10-2011, 2:02 PM

Ok, but to be clear, it isn't registration.

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 2:03 PM
I measure it as keeping it out of the hands of criminals not law abiding citizens. I mean common if someone was to want to use a weapon to commit a crime they are gonna buy it on the black market or steal it from someone

Wherryj
10-10-2011, 2:08 PM
Citizen's arrest!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Barney-Fife.jpg

killmime1234
10-10-2011, 2:10 PM
Does nobody else smell a troll?...

Low post count, constantly talking about the law without citing a single line of PC, trying to entice an illegal seizure of the governor...

Kestryll
10-10-2011, 2:12 PM

Low post count, constantly talking about the law without citing a single line of PC, trying to entice an illegal seizure of the governor...

I don't know.

Join date of 2006, I can see waiting a bit to troll but damn, I don't think I'd be willing to invest 5+ years in it.

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 2:13 PM

Alot of you know who I am, I worked at Bright Spot.

killmime1234
10-10-2011, 2:17 PM
Alot of you know who I am, I worked at Bright Spot.

Alright, if that is indeed the case. My only advice would be cool down a bit. We've got one heck of a legal backing that is slowing taking down the road blocks that are being put up in front of us. I know its tough to be patient, but we're definitely making measurable progress.

sasc40cal
10-10-2011, 2:17 PM
I measure it as keeping it out of the hands of criminals not law abiding citizens. I mean common if someone was to want to use a weapon to commit a crime they are gonna buy it on the black market or steal it from someone

You are preaching to the choir my friend. Thanks for your service. The one way that we can do more is to get more education out there - this is just mho. I have a daughter in high school in an advanced honors political science class, you wouldnt believe the crap that she comes home with - actually you probably would believe it if your anything like I am nothing suprises me anymore here in this state.

I see everyone here is in agreement that this is wrong and our liberties are taken away daily. The only things we can do is start a recall lol - get the word out and educate our youth. They really are being brainwashed like crazy. Educate your kids and their friends and talk to their families. I agree 100% with you - somethings got to change. We both served our country and everyday I wake up and shake my head at this state.

I wonder daily what will be next. On one hand Brown vetos bills and says things like this:

Skiing and snoboarding bill - he says this parenting out of the parents hands, but on the other extreme he signs a bill allowing for kids to have to now be in a car seat until they are 8 or he signs a bill that says kids at the age of 12 do not need their parents consent to getting STD vaccines.

This state is messed up and I for one with it would split into 2 - not likely but hey I can dream right?

Common sense is lacking big time -this is another victory for big brother - but we do have options I guess.

Litigation being one of them - recall - education for our youth - voting.

I wish there was more we could all do.

Wait maybe there is - maybe it is time for a huge protest?

Thanks again for your service - I too am as frustrated by all of our rights vanishing ...

POLICESTATE
10-10-2011, 2:18 PM

Nah, I think he's just upset and wants to do something about it. I can relate, but discretion is the better part of valor.

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 2:19 PM
im just pissed that for every step taken an won to secure our constitutional right they implement 5 in its place trying to effectively neuter us from those rights

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 2:25 PM
The constitution was for the people not the government, theres things I dont aggree with. I dont have my hand out asking for help from the gov. after I got out the the army I had to choose do I look for work and not find it or invest the money I saved and start a company of my own to not add to the entitleists that want everything for nothing.

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 2:27 PM
it really seams to me that the entitlists want to give up civil liberties for handouts

POLICESTATE
10-10-2011, 2:53 PM
it really seams to me that the entitlists want to give up civil liberties for handouts

They would rather give up civil liberties for the right to free food and shelter. Just like communists.

halifax
10-10-2011, 3:18 PM
yes majority does start 2014 but starting today gunshops have to also register each longgun on an individual dros requiring 30 per lg. what a state racket to collect funds.

Where are you getting that FUD from?

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 3:24 PM
Yeah, I know its a nice thought to do it. if I had the legality to do so that has merritt it can be done, but I also know a citizens arrest must be made in the presence of law enforcement and getting a gov lacky to stand there and man up is another subject. But the one thing I do know is Violation of Civil rights is a offence that anyone can be taken to court over. Those yuppies who tried that failed to realize that he got approval from the other 2 branches of government as well as majority of public support untill he turned to Iraq

I was venting but at the same time I do want to do something about it. Maybe that large group could be a civil rights class action lawsuit against him and the creators. I had spoken to someone at the NRA and they did say if and when a clear case occurs you bet they will get the marshals involved

SDM44
10-10-2011, 3:26 PM
Current federal law prohibits record keeping of longguns which starting today CA is requireing longguns to be recorded in their state registry by make model and serial.

Besides the fact that this doesn't even happen until 2014......

My noob question is: What's the difference between long guns being 'recorded' by their make/model and serial? How is that different from the current DROS system where the long gun serial number is registered & recorded?

paul0660
10-10-2011, 3:29 PM
Where are you getting that FUD from?

well according to a gunshop

At least it wasn't the DOJ.

taperxz
10-10-2011, 3:34 PM
Yeah, I know its a nice thought to do it. if I had the legality to do so that has merritt it can be done, but I also know a citizens arrest must be made in the presence of law enforcement and getting a gov lacky to stand there and man up is another subject. But the one thing I do know is Violation of Civil rights is a offence that anyone can be taken to court over. Those yuppies who tried that failed to realize that he got approval from the other 2 branches of government as well as majority of public support untill he turned to Iraq

I was venting but at the same time I do want to do something about it. Maybe that large group could be a civil rights class action lawsuit against him and the creators. I had spoken to someone at the NRA and they did say if and when a clear case occurs you bet they will get the marshals involved

Ya, arrest the governor, That way while he is in jail Gavin Newsome can take over while Jerry works out his legal troubles. Now we can all be one happy state of San Franciscostan.

POLICESTATE
10-10-2011, 3:36 PM

My noob question is: What's the difference between long guns being 'recorded' by their make/model and serial? How is that different from the current DROS system where the long gun serial number is registered & recorded?

Technically it's not recorded or so we are always being told. The DROS form stays with the FFL, the information sent in to DOJ does not include the long gun serial numbers.

Of course it would be easy for the state to enact law to compel FFL's to copy and send in all DROS forms since [INSERT DATE] and then start inputting the information into a database. They would of course have to hire a bunch of people at DOJ to do this, oh look they're creating jobs now!

My question would be, how do I list my AR if I built it?

Make: POLICESTATE
Model: AR-15ZK (Zombie Killa)
Serial: Whatever it is on the side.

POLICESTATE
10-10-2011, 3:37 PM
Ya, arrest the governor, That way while he is in jail Gavin Newsome can take over while Jerry works out his legal troubles. Now we can all be one happy state of San Franciscostan.

Nah you'd just arrest them both at the same time for conspiracy to whatever, cornhole the people or something.

Who would be governor after that?

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 3:37 PM
Well only on a 4473 is the LG being reccorded, fed form 4473 that remains at a gunshop at all times. on the DROS it is only a background check for the individule and 10 day wait. nothing more. but make model and serial will be put on the DROS no matter what type of weapon being registerd.

I have allways feared registration leads to confiscation. I think only a background check should be done at time of purchase. A waiting period serves no use.

Librarian
10-10-2011, 3:39 PM
Technically it's not recorded or so we are always being told. The DROS form stays with the FFL, the information sent in to DOJ does not include the long gun serial numbers.

Of course it would be easy for the state to enact law to compel FFL's to copy and send in all DROS forms since [INSERT DATE] and then start inputting the information into a database. They would of course have to hire a bunch of people at DOJ to do this, oh look they're creating jobs now!

My question would be, how do I list my AR if I built it?

Make: POLICESTATE
Model: AR-15ZK (Zombie Killa)
Serial: Whatever it is on the side.

Since making is not a transfer, you do nothing at all.

DOJ is required by the bill to upgrade the DROS to record the long gun info and the new fields will be transmitted and stored.

GOEX FFF
10-10-2011, 3:41 PM

Long gun info is destroyed after a period of days.
809 makes any other firearm newly sold/transfered in the state that's not a handgun have the same registration/info keeping like handgun info currently is.
Retaining the firearm and purchaser's info is the "registration."
(Besides the 03 FFL + COE exemption) I don't see how it doesn't kill C&C pvt. party-to-pvt. party C&R long gun sales. That IMO is it's most devastating effect.

FOR ALL:
Remember again, this is not happening for another 2 years from now, so there is time to fight it.

Mssr. Eleganté
10-10-2011, 3:41 PM

With the current DROS system, long gun information is not recorded. If you look at your DROS paperwork for a handgun you will see the make, model, caliber, serial number, action type, color, barrel length and country of origin are all recorded. If you look at your DROS paperwork for a long gun you will see that it just records the number of long guns that you purchased. Even that information is supposedly discarded by DOJ after a couple of weeks.

chris
10-10-2011, 3:46 PM
i'm not surprised that he signed these bills at all. but to some who thought he was a friend of 2A rights was wrong.

a1c
10-10-2011, 3:47 PM
I don't know.

Join date of 2006, I can see waiting a bit to troll but damn, I don't think I'd be willing to invest 5+ years in it.

Maybe he's one of those reserve trolls.

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 4:02 PM
For those that have delt with Bright Spot when the OLL Stuff started I am Bryon. I worked with Chris we were pretty much the gun guys to go to and sold or transfered anything that was made CA SB 23 Compliant and not banned by make & model. Every new AR sold at Bright Spot was built by me and alot of customers paid me to install the LPK in their lowers

B.J.F.
10-10-2011, 4:02 PM
I am not a troll, I just do not post often

nyj09
10-10-2011, 4:44 PM

I respect you for saying how you feel, and you know what, if I had the means and time to go to sac, I would be right there with you. It's really shameful that people are making fun... back in the days of the founders, a citizens arrest would be the least of legislatures worries. I'm getting fed up with a lot of so called, "pro gunners" only supporting the second amendment, or any amendment for that matter "as long as they don't step on any toes".

How about we show some respect and dialogue some positive solutions in stead of criticize, calgunners?

bomb_on_bus
10-10-2011, 7:27 PM
Anything that will advance the 2ndA in CA will have to be done by those who spend hours in the law books, in the court rooms, and who have the know how to work things to our advantage.

The bradys have deep pockets and lots of support and the way to beat em is by being smarter and knowing when to make a move with a winning hand. The other thing that many CA owners have wade through is all the FUD around a firearm. It would be just as easy to go at someone with a knife as it would be a gun but knife violence dosnt make the 5 oclock news.

Best thing you can do is become versed in the CA gun laws abide by them and encourage as many non gun owners to try a firearm out and see if they will a better understanding of what it is they are up in arms over.

rshoemaker
10-10-2011, 9:00 PM
Cite?

In McDonald v. Chicago (2010), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment limits state and local governments to the same extent that it limits the federal government.

From Widipedia so I could be wrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

DSTER
10-10-2011, 9:32 PM
:eek: This is why I voted for Meg Whitman in spite of some reservations I had about her. Governor Brown a "gun owner" must be aware as anyone with any attention span that the last rifle registration led to a ginormous confiscation of rifles. DEJU VO... Its a Fabian strategy that being utilized by the Elitists etc... in other words it is an incremental erosion of the right to own and carry a firearm as well as arms and the wearing of protective arms (body-armor).

rp55
10-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Current federal law prohibits record keeping of longguns

There's been long gun registration in place in several states since the 1940's and still going strong.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j302/rpwhite55/guns/ar15.jpg

jdberger
10-11-2011, 11:12 AM

Please either post or PM me with the name of the gun store that told you this.

This information is incorrect.

FWIW - the Bright Spot story is linked here (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/news/48-bright-spot-pawn.html).

ubet
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
OP, GO FOR IT!!!!! PM me, I will be there with you, because I REALLY want to see you walk up to moonbeam, twist his arm around his back, put his hands in a zip tie and deliver him to the sac pd! That would be instant classic! If Jack Bauer could kidnap the president on a tv show, I am sure you could citizen arrest moonbeam.

You might need to work out a little bit of strategy, but I think you can get this done, you will be all of ours' hero!

:King:

sarcasm off!