PDA

View Full Version : DPMS Lower Receiver Parts Kit AR-15 problem. (fixed)

bloodhawke83
10-10-2011, 10:57 AM
A part broke in mine yesterday with the first shot. Then I took a second shot and was like WTF. I took off the upper and found bunch of AR-15 guys down the lane and asked if they knew anything about AR builds. They took one look and noticed a piece broke clean off the hammer and it no longer resets. :eek:

I got home and took the lower a part. I can't believe how it happened, it ruined my range time and only got 2 shots out.

this is the one i got from Sacramento Black Rifle: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=877204

When I call the store, what will they do? Give me a replacement or say buy a new one?

Metal Magic
10-10-2011, 11:01 AM
got any pics of the part?

I would imagine that Midway prob won't do much, you will prob have to contact DPMS.

Sorry to hear about your problem, keep us updated.

bloodhawke83
10-10-2011, 11:04 AM
got any pics of the part?

I would imagine that Midway prob won't do much, you will prob have to contact DPMS.

Sorry to hear about your problem, keep us updated.

in a few, on a con call.

Its from Sacramento Black Rifle, their site doesn't have it listed.

Metal Magic
10-10-2011, 11:12 AM
ahhh, OK well Sac Black Rifle might do an exchange I would at least call and ask, maybe you can send them a few pics.

I am sure DMPS will take care of you either way.

mydogsmonkey
10-10-2011, 11:23 AM
thats probably why you should buy a good high quality lpk....just saying

ETA- maybe you can get a refund for a defective product and get a Daniel Defense? And I understand sometimes they may be the only one a store carries but I'm sure there are plenty of nearby dealers willing to ship that could get to you in a day or two.

bloodhawke83
10-10-2011, 11:25 AM
thats probably why you should buy a good high quality lpk....just saying

it was the only one they had in store.

rero360
10-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Sometimes its better to go without than to succumb to the call of instant gratification.

bloodhawke83
10-10-2011, 12:42 PM
friend came by a hour ago and took it apart. it was just a bad spring, he swap out with a new one. it now locks.