PDA

View Full Version : IF CA AB 144 Passed...

GeneralNonsense
10-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Do you think that CA would start issuing "Shall Carry" for a qualified person applying for a CCW? Thoughts? Comments? Just thinking about it here and worried about all of these gun regulations that are supposed to make things "safer".
=/

Thanks!

MaHoTex
10-10-2011, 11:22 AM
What do you mean if? It passed yesterday. And no... No LTC for you unless you are elite.

lawaia
10-10-2011, 11:35 AM
OP, where do you currently live? There are several counties in CA that will issue to "normal" folks.

MaHo, the blanket statement of "only to the elite" is BS. It largely depends on where you reside (at this point in time). You may be out of luck where you live (for now), but you don't need to piss in everyone else's cereal bowl because yours tastes bad. PLEASE get more facts before making statements.

infernl
10-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Providing 2A rights to some folks, and denying it to others is not equal protection under the law. I can see that most counties will stick to their proviso or requiring LTC applicants to have a verifiable need. Other than a gemologist, banker or other person carrying valuables - where does this leave the rest of the law-abiding populace? -I'm afraid it leaves most Californians without a means to exercise their 2A rights in any way, shape or form - outside of their domicile.

I read this earlier, and am in agreement that California is not a state of the Union since it tends to create its laws to suit its own ends. The US Constitution be damned according to California legislators.

murche
10-10-2011, 11:40 AM
OP lives in Solano County.

lawaia
10-10-2011, 11:46 AM
OP lives in Solano County.

Then here's a good place to start.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352810

MaHoTex
10-10-2011, 11:51 AM
OP, where do you currently live? There are several counties in CA that will issue to "normal" folks.

MaHo, the blanket statement of "only to the elite" is BS. It largely depends on where you reside (at this point in time). You may be out of luck where you live (for now), but you don't need to piss in everyone else's cereal bowl because yours tastes bad. PLEASE get more facts before making statements.

Ok. So you believe the uniform standards are going to be more lax? Yeah... I will believe that when I see it. :facepalm:

Hopalong
10-10-2011, 12:01 PM

Your statement is rife with "got mine" mentality.

My view is that MaHo is correct in his statewide evaluation.

I'd venture to say that more people are being denied statewide than not.

Your view is the exception, not the rule.

I "got mine", but I'm almost embarrassed to admit it

Since hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of my fellow law abiding California citizens

Are being denied, for the very reasons stated by MaHo.

I, for one, have much empathy, for the cereal bowls of others, regarding this issue.

And would never mock them

As you have appeared to do.

Librarian
10-10-2011, 12:04 PM
LTC forum is mostly for 'How do I do this legally, what are the limitations, what holster, how do I dress' sorts of questions.

GeneralNonsense
10-10-2011, 12:05 PM
I live in Solano.
I appreciate the comments and help.
It's just such a concern that others who want to open carry cannot,
then CCW is the only way to go. (For now)

And there shouldn't be eliteist mentality here.
Just wanted to share thoughts on this thread.

lawaia
10-10-2011, 12:20 PM

Since hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of my fellow law abiding California citizens

I, for one, have much empathy, for the cereal bowls of others, regarding this issue.

The only thing my statement is rife with is contempt for those discouraging others to apply.

I do not have the "got mine" mentality in any way, shape, or form. After getting my permit, I have offered help and advice to many others that want to apply. I have also volunteered my time to be an ambassador for the LTC Sunshine Initiative. Yes, I "got mine", and my wish is for others to "get theirs".

Fostering fear among wishful applicants is non-productive, and counter-productive to any progress to be made in the LTC arena. I do feel for those unable to get their LTC, but cannot and will not tolerate the negativity spewed from those unable that seem to want to discourage others.

I am not mocking anyone.

bwiese
10-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Ok. So you believe the uniform standards are going to be more lax? Yeah... I will believe that when I see it. :facepalm:

Sacramento County is a fine example of what should (and will be) happening elsewhere.

yelohamr
10-10-2011, 12:43 PM
The Nannies of the Nanny State won again. They won't be satisfied until a person will need a permit to carry a PICTURE of a gun.

MaHoTex
10-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Sacramento County is a fine example of what should (and will be) happening elsewhere.

I guess we shall see. I certainly hope that you are right, but I do have my doubts on this.

NotEnufGarage
10-10-2011, 1:06 PM

That's where I "got mine".

Having some counties treating it as "shall issue" can only help to fix things for those counties that take a "will not issue" stance when it all makes it to court.

Hopalong
10-10-2011, 2:25 PM
The only thing my statement is rife with is contempt for those discouraging others to apply.

I do not have the "got mine" mentality in any way, shape, or form. After getting my permit, I have offered help and advice to many others that want to apply. I have also volunteered my time to be an ambassador for the LTC Sunshine Initiative. Yes, I "got mine", and my wish is for others to "get theirs".

Fostering fear among wishful applicants is non-productive, and counter-productive to any progress to be made in the LTC arena. I do feel for those unable to get their LTC, but cannot and will not tolerate the negativity spewed from those unable that seem to want to discourage others.

I am not mocking anyone.
I'm curious

What's your advice and help for people living in LA, SF, Orange (etc)?

Can you really have contempt for them being discouraged?

From what I understand, the only realistic encouragement is "wait until next June"...."then maybe,... hopefully...two weeks"....

In the meantime, I will not ridicule them, and cut them some slack

I will not allow myself to forget how they must feel

Just because I "got mine"

lawaia
10-10-2011, 2:44 PM
I'm curious

What's your advice and help for people living in LA, SF, Orange (etc)?

Can you really have contempt for them being discouraged?

From what I understand, the only realistic encouragement is "wait until next June"...."then maybe,... hopefully...two weeks"....

In the meantime, I will not ridicule them, and cut them some slack

I will not allow myself to forget how they must feel

Just because I "got mine"

I'm not sure I can get you see the point I am trying to make. I don't know that you want to see it.

I don't have any advice for those unfortunate souls, since I don't have personal experience in those areas. I wouldn't pretend to know what I am talking about there. I would advise them to get help from an expert in their area.

I have no contempt for their discouragement. And I am not ridiculing them. I'm not sure how to make that clear to you.

I simply don't like to see one discouraged individual making blanket statements that discourage other persons who may actually stand the chance at getting issued in another County. If those people are falsely discouraged from applying by Mr. Negativity, what chance do we stand at reforming LTC for everyone? If no one is applying.........................

I'm glad that you will not forget how tough it is for some to get their LTC. Maybe you can volunteer time or funds to help change that.:)