PDA

View Full Version : New legal challenges?

sfpcservice
10-10-2011, 9:58 AM
I'm guessing the lawsuits have been written for some time, just wondering if they will come out today or tomorrow?

Or 2 weeks? ;-)

wash
10-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Two weeks.

And actually I doubt they have been written yet.

Hopefully the Ezell decision will help to get preliminary injunctions rather than require us to wait for new laws to take effect before we can show harm.

Our lawyers will probably be burning the midnight oil to prepare new cases but I'm confident that we won't be late.

Ubermcoupe
10-10-2011, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't say "written." Something more a kin to chess; you go here, I go here, you went there, I go here. ;)

Contingencies (or general ideas) have been around since the announcement of SB***/AB***. It's just a matter of reevaluating the situation and moving on from here. :clap:

GOEX FFF
10-10-2011, 10:49 AM
We have 2 years before long gun reg takes effect.
Time for putting together litigation/lawsuits is on our side.

hoffmang
10-10-2011, 1:53 PM
On two of the three issues, the lawsuits are already filed. NRA/CRPA-F has the DROS suit filed and Richards and Peruta are both in the court of appeals. Registration of long guns is the only one not filed yet and that will require a little bit of "next steps" from Heller II in DC.

-Gene

HowardW56
10-10-2011, 2:09 PM
On two of the three issues, the lawsuits are already filed. NRA/CRPA-F has the DROS suit filed and Richards and Peruta are both in the court of appeals. Registration of long guns is the only one not filed yet and that will require a little bit of "next steps" from Heller II in DC.

-Gene

Have Richards and Peruta both been fully briefed? Do you think they will issue a ruling or vavate and send them both back to the District Court, as the law has now changed?

sfpcservice
10-10-2011, 2:16 PM
I'm guessing the carry ban is addressed in peruta and doesn't require a separate suit?

hoffmang
10-10-2011, 2:29 PM
Have Richards and Peruta both been fully briefed? Do you think they will issue a ruling or vavate and send them both back to the District Court, as the law has now changed?

Peruta is fully briefed. Some "other morons" asked for an extension on their reply brief :43:

-Gene

Ubermcoupe
10-10-2011, 2:30 PM
Peruta is fully briefed. Some "other morons" asked for an extension on their reply brief :43:

-Gene

Excellent <insert Mr. Burns finger strumming type smiley>

Crom
10-10-2011, 2:32 PM

-Gene

:rofl2: ^Good one. (bolded made me laugh.) :D

HowardW56
10-10-2011, 2:48 PM

-Gene

:facepalm: Of course I had to go look at the docket for clarification...... :rolleyes:

hoffmang
10-10-2011, 3:05 PM
:facepalm: Of course I had to go look at the docket for clarification...... :rolleyes:

:gura: Heh.

-Gene

HowardW56
10-10-2011, 3:17 PM
:gura: Heh.

-Gene

Some people are just TOO busy.....

hoffmang
10-10-2011, 3:43 PM
Some people are just TOO busy.....

A man's got to anticipate the eventualities...

-Gene

taperxz
10-10-2011, 3:44 PM
Is the NRA going to attempt to file suit in light of AB144? Wouldn't this re muddy the waters technically in Richards?

hoffmang
10-10-2011, 7:13 PM
Is the NRA going to attempt to file suit in light of AB144? Wouldn't this re muddy the waters technically in Richards?

Dunno and no.

-Gene