PDA

View Full Version : SB 610, what will this do for us?

taperxz
10-10-2011, 8:02 AM
Now that ab 144 has been signed, SB 610 has to be the compromise in regards to carry. How do we move forward on this?

Caladain
10-10-2011, 8:04 AM
Now that ab 144 has been signed, SB 610 has to be the compromise in regards to carry. How do we move forward on this?

You've got that a bit wrong. SB610 standardizes some stuff, AB144 is the compromise on carry (removes the UOC is a viable alternative to Concealed Carry/LOC excuse).

Jared1981
10-10-2011, 8:08 AM
You've got that a bit wrong. SB610 standardizes some stuff, AB144 is the compromise on carry (removes the UOC is a viable alternative to Concealed Carry/LOC excuse).

This UOC excuse meant nothing.

Now they will say long gun open carry is ok so that is your right to carry.

If they had no long gun carry either, then it would simply be that the right does not apply outside the home.

Waldog
10-10-2011, 8:23 AM
I fear that SB610 will only establish a standardized application where the standard answer is NO. Except for DEMOCRAT POLITICIANS AND HOLLYWOOD MOVIESTARS!!!!

cmaynes
10-10-2011, 8:24 AM
the idea of long gun open carry is pretty absurd- I am sure we will see some good fun on that-

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/pauly_cy/black20man20assault20rifle20protest.jpg

taperxz
10-10-2011, 8:37 AM
I fear that SB610 will only establish a standardized application where the standard answer is NO. Except for DEMOCRAT POLITICIANS AND HOLLYWOOD MOVIESTARS!!!!

LOL. Sorry but Brown signed ab 144 and took UOC, in the same swoop signed 610 to clean up LTC.

Can't anyone see this?

scarville
10-10-2011, 8:37 AM
In related news, Ghost Hunters International claims to have exclusive video of the spirits of Thomas Jefferson and John Adams drinking themselves into an ectoplasmic stupor. The binge was apparently triggered when Jefferson discovered that many citizens of the Nation's most populous state were experiencing masturbatory ecstasy over the prospect of obtaining official permission to exercise a natural, human and constitutional right. When questioned the weeping shade of Jefferson choked out, "Where the f**k did we go wrong?"

taperxz
10-10-2011, 8:40 AM
In related news, Ghost Hunters International claims to have exclusive video of the spirits of Thomas Jefferson and John Adams drinking themselves into an ectoplasmic stupor. The binge was apparently triggered when Jefferson discovered that many citizens of the Nation's most populous state were experiencing masturbatory ecstasy over the prospect of obtaining official permission to exercise a natural, human and constitutional right. When questioned the weeping shade of Jefferson choked out, "Where the f**k did we go wrong?"

Perhaps they too thought an unloaded gun was useless to exhibit

hawk1
10-10-2011, 8:49 AM
LOL. Sorry but Brown signed ab 144 and took UOC, in the same swoop signed 610 to clean up LTC.

Can't anyone see this?

We ALL see that, but I wouldn't try to paint this as a win.

After what has happened in accumulation so far, I believe there is no chance in hell that CCW will become shall issue in California. Not by the politicians and not by the courts.

I would even go as far as to predict that the counties that presently are issuing, will be stopped.

scarville
10-10-2011, 8:55 AM
Perhaps they too thought an unloaded gun was useless to exhibit
For the reading comprehension challenged, SB 610 is about concealed carry. AB 144 is the UOC ban.

wildhawker
10-10-2011, 9:02 AM
SB 610 basically re-states what is already in the law. It's something to use in conversation with some recalcitrant licensing authorities on a narrow set of issues to say, "look, they [the Legislature] really meant it and have said so again."

-Brandon

Crom
10-10-2011, 9:57 AM
SB 610 is great in that the Sheriff's polices can't require the training be performed before the determination of "Good Cause." Training costs money, so this helps the applicant's pocket book.

wildhawker
10-10-2011, 10:00 AM
SB 610 is great in that the Sheriff's polices can't require the training be performed before the determination of "Good Cause." Training costs money, so this helps the applicant's pocket book.

That was already a function of the law (notwithstanding the fact that licensing authorities thumbed their nose at the PC). SB 610 makes it explicit.

-Brandon

taperxz
10-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Great, one less thing an issuing authority can abuse to restrict our rights