PDA

View Full Version : Cali CCW coming??

coyotebait
10-10-2011, 4:32 AM
Sorry if this is a dupe, I checked and didn't find it here.

LEGISLATIVE ALERT
This information is accurate at the time this CAL-ERT was written and originally distributed. The NRA Members' Councils of California will keep you informed as the legislative, regulatory, and/or litigation situation changes in California.
GOVERNOR BROWN SIGNS NRA/CRPA SPONSORED CCW REFORM LEGISLATION!

When Senate Bill 610 goes into effect, the first of next year, it will bring the long-awaited statewide consistency in the manner of how CCW permits are processed by all issuing agencies. SB610 will require agencies to determine if an applicant has initial "Good Cause" to be issued a permit BEFORE the applicant is required to fulfill the requirements in training, classes, background checks and pay the sometimes extensive fees required to obtain a permit. SB610 will also specify that issuing agencies CANNOT require CCW applicants to obtain "Liability Insurance" as a condition for being issued a CCW permit.

In California's current political climate, reforms such as SB610 require a tremendous amount of effort and coordination by all of those involved. The NRA and CRPA have shown to be quite effective in their efforts to pass this legislation that both organizations sponsored. Their work to protect the Second Amendment freedoms of their members is a perfect example of how we all can be successful if we remain vigilant.

When the Governor signed Senate Bill 610, he presented NRA's lobbyist with a copy of the signed bill. Clearly, Governor Brown appreciates NRA-ILA California State Liaison Ed Worley.

Ubermcoupe
10-10-2011, 4:41 AM
I like the sound of being standardized. :thumbsup:

Link (http://www.calnra.com/calerts/calert101011.shtml)

coyotebait
10-10-2011, 4:50 AM

...as long as it's not standardized to "non-issue." I'm "cautiously optimistic."

wildhawker
10-10-2011, 8:21 AM
SB 610 basically re-states what is already in the law. It's something to use in conversation with some recalcitrant licensing authorities on a narrow set of issues to say, "look, they [the Legislature] really meant it and have said so again."

-Brandon

Us3rName
10-10-2011, 8:32 AM
... "cautiously optimistic."

^^ I'm with you on this one.

I believe we may be a good deal closer to CCW access. and the whole non-liability insurance requirement is good. We just have to see in which direction it will head. It can go positive or negative extremely fast..

wildhawker
10-10-2011, 8:34 AM
^^ I'm with you on this one.

I believe we may be a good deal closer to CCW access. and the whole non-liability insurance requirement is good. We just have to see in which direction it will head. It can go positive or negative extremely fast..

They couldn't require liability insurance before. This bill makes it a bit more explicit.

Tyrants and government choose their own rules for following rules.

-Brandon

MaHoTex
10-10-2011, 8:53 AM
Unfortunately I think, "SB610 will require agencies to determine if an applicant has initial "Good Cause" to be issued a permit..." will translate to mean if you are not a member of the elite, your cause is not good.

Like the soup Nazi... No gun for you!

zonzin
10-10-2011, 12:29 PM
...as long as it's not standardized to "non-issue." I'm "cautiously optimistic."

What he said. ^^^

They may take the policies and procedures of say LA or Marin county and make that the "standard". And we all know thats where the votes are that run this asylum.

hoffmang
10-10-2011, 12:50 PM
This will make it more certain that testing good causes by sending in a bunch of volunteers becomes less expensive and easier.

-Gene

wildhawker
10-10-2011, 1:29 PM
Unfortunately I think, "SB610 will require agencies to determine if an applicant has initial "Good Cause" to be issued a permit..." will translate to mean if you are not a member of the elite, your cause is not good.

Like the soup Nazi... No gun for you!

There's just no substantive changes in the bill, and absolutely none with respect to areas of discretion; ergo, your worry is unfounded.

-Brandon

The Shadow
10-10-2011, 3:38 PM
But will this "standardization" still let San Bernardino get away with requiring a one year residency, letters of reference, and them doing a house to house inquiry of your neighbors about you ? I really hate that part.

hoffmang
10-10-2011, 6:11 PM
But will this "standardization" still let San Bernardino get away with requiring a one year residency, letters of reference, and them doing a house to house inquiry of your neighbors about you ? I really hate that part.

All but the last is clearly unlawful.

-Gene

j.hors
10-10-2011, 8:22 PM
Any idea what the "good causes" would be, our will we have to wait till the start of the year?

Lugiahua
10-10-2011, 8:24 PM
always wondering...
what does good cause "carrying large amount of cash" means?

like 500? 1,000? 10,000?

vincewarde
10-10-2011, 8:31 PM
Good cause may be going away, at least from a practical point of view if the courts rule that self defense equals good cause.

j.hors
10-10-2011, 8:37 PM
Isn't, in a normal persons mind, self defense, or the defense of your family not only a good cause but the best?

10-10-2011, 8:42 PM

+1
This is getting good!