PDA

View Full Version : cheaperthandirt.com

thompson pump
10-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Im about to make a 200 doller order on ammo and other crap have any coupons?

thompson pump
10-11-2011, 9:59 PM
still need a coupon any one help a brother out?

1lostinspace
10-11-2011, 10:27 PM
I would never buy from them they hate California
What are u looking for

monk
10-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Just google "cheaper than dirt coupons" and you'll get a bunch of sites with coupon codes. Not all of them work but some do.

1lostinspace
10-11-2011, 10:50 PM
What ever ur looking for u can find it cheaper
Somewhere else

Solidux
10-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Yea. Saving a couple dollars isnt worth it. Cheaperthandirt is whats in their name. Dirt.

mag360
10-11-2011, 10:58 PM
buy ammo from places that support california and calguns. weaponsworld, sgammo, palmetto state armory, etc.

Leadmaster
10-11-2011, 11:04 PM
yeah I learned the hard way trying to buy ammo. They royally messed my order up.

**** cheaperthandirt

bill_k_lopez
10-14-2011, 10:36 PM
If you're buying ammo, you're better off waiting until one of the frequent gun shows come around. much cheaper, no shipping and no extra haz charges.

The only thing i use cheaperthandirt for is to have my local gun place price match.

CSACANNONEER
10-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Buying from Cheaper than Dirt is worse than throwing your money at the Brady Bunch. CTD has done far more harm to California gun owners than the Brady Campaign ever will. Instead of supporting a company that is ultimately going to F you, spend the extra dollar and buy from a reputable company.

TKM
10-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Cheaper than dirt isn't.

Cheaper than dirt isn't a friend of ours.

Cheaper than dirt isn't a place that friends let friends spend money.

Tell us what you want and we'll tell you where to get it cheaper. Than dirt.

Cheaper than dirt is like my favorite radio. F 'em.

Socom16Fan
10-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Cheaper than dirt isn't.

Cheaper than dirt isn't a friend of ours.

Cheaper than dirt isn't a place that friends let friends spend money.

Tell us what you want and we'll tell you where to get it cheaper. Than dirt.

Cheaper than dirt is like my favorite radio. F 'em.

^^^^^^^^^^^ This

Palmetto, has been good to me. Sometimes they dont have the best selection but are always GTG for me.

Look around in the commecial section and Private sales of ammo on this board and you may find a better deal anyway.

Good luck!

santamonica9
10-18-2011, 9:35 PM
buy ammo from places that support california and calguns. weaponsworld, sgammo, palmetto state armory, etc.

DIRT on them anti-komifornia

Group 4
10-18-2011, 9:43 PM
Palmetto State won't sell ammo to the following places in CA: California: The cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento and San Francisco.

(Taken from their website)

monk
10-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Palmetto State won't sell ammo to the following places in CA: California: The cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento and San Francisco.

(Taken from their website)

Lol, so as far as I'm concerned, they're not friendly. At least to me.

Then again, LA requires thumbprint so that may have something to do with it.

WeldonHunter
10-19-2011, 7:21 PM
I first started buying ammo online earlier this year and when I found CheaperThanDirt I thought I'd hit the jackpot. Their prices seemed inline or better than other places I found. My first order arrived the next day. WOW! The order was $1061.00. It included ammo and 6 grade 1 .50 Cal ammo cans. Everything went great. The next order was for $600 and included ammo and 14 more Grade 1 ammo cans. It arrived the next day. Problem was the ammo cans were now not grade 1 but a mix of ratty looking cans of which I had to send 5 back. Bent up non closing grade 2 and 3.

From then on it was more of the same. Misrepresention, over charges and wrong ammo counts. 12 supposed new ammo cans that were seconds and the bottoms weren't fully stamped out so you couldn't stack them. The final straw was an order for 20,000rds of M-22 Winchester lubaloy ammo that they advertised as 5000rd cases for $77.51. You better believe I was all over that but I called them three times to make sure it wasn't a mistake on the website. I was assured many times by three different people that the listing was correct and they even checked the shipping docs. or so they said. Well it turned out the listing was wrong and the 5000rd cases were only 2000rd cases. They took them back and it cost me nothing as with all off the other returns I made. They even gave me a partial refund on the 12 new cans to save them having to pay to ship them back to them.

If you want to deal with this order from them but I will NEVER order even a cleaning brush from them. I've since found www.gun-deals.com and believe me it's saved me thousands. I usually buy from Sam at www.SGAmmo.com and am glad I found him. No problems with orders, a great guy to do business with, great prices and cheap fast shipping. I placed a $1500 order with him last night and it'll be here friday. Three days from Oklahoma to me in Louisiana as always. He ships to California as mentioned above too. If it's something he doesn't carry I use www.AIMSurplus.com , www.Wideners.com , or www.PalmettoStateArmory.com None of those 4 vendors will screw you and they didn't jack their prices up like CheaperThanDirt after the last presidential election when there was a run on ammo.

Note: The reason places can't sell to certain areas in California as well as other places around the country is certain cities, counties and municipalities have laws against it. At least these vendors haven't blacklisted all of California like some have.