PDA

View Full Version : Armalite AR-10

UpInArms
10-09-2011, 4:05 PM
I have a customer that resides in California that is wanting an Armalite AR-10 SASS .308. Upon reading through the California Reg. (2007) I believe it states that all Armalite AR-10 are restricted. Has there been a change in the reg. because he states that he has seen them on the shelf out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

glocklover
10-09-2011, 4:39 PM
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/kaslist.pdf

AR-15 Series Weapons
Armalite
AR 10 (all)
M15 (all)

it's on the ban list, NO GO here in CA. I get customers all the time that SWEAR, what I'm selling them isn't correct. "Naw, it LOOKS bigger", "NO, the color is different", "NO, I told you I REMEMBER it being smaller, that CAN'T be it"

Trust me, someone seeing something for only ten seconds at some other time, means little.

Get the customer an Aero precision or Noveske lower, and Armalite everything else.

joemama
10-09-2011, 7:03 PM
Just checkout the aw flowchart on this site. If the lower is an off list lower and its properly configered its perfectly legal. I have a noveske 6 lower with a bullet button and armalite upper thats ca legal. Its about as close to an ar-10 as we can get here in ca.

dwtt
10-09-2011, 7:38 PM
I have a customer that resides in California that is wanting an Armalite AR-10 SASS .308. Upon reading through the California Reg. (2007) I believe it states that all Armalite AR-10 are restricted. Has there been a change in the reg. because he states that he has seen them on the shelf out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, this one isn't allowed in CA. Like joemama said, using an offlist brand lower receiver is the closest to owning an AR-10 in California. Just out of curiousity, how much does this AR-10 SASS go for? Some of us are out of state or own houses out of CA and can buy an Armalite when residing out of CA.