PDA

View Full Version : Angeles Shooting Range

Cobra Tactical
10-08-2011, 3:07 PM
What are LEOs thoughts on the Angeles Shooting Range? Just had the opportunity to visit and shoot the range for the first time a few weeks ago. Thought that the range was overcrowded, there were a lot of shooters there.

415dog!
10-09-2011, 12:45 AM
The RO always bug me once they find out I'm a cop. Then ask me for pointers and aske me about my guns....irritating so I just leave my off duty concealed. Honestly I only go there for training classes from dtt.org

mixicus
10-09-2011, 2:29 PM
Nice range overall. I only go there when I want to stretch my rifle a bit (200-600 yds). For me it's the most accessible public place around to do that outside of a match. For pistol there's plenty of other options, both indoor and outdoor, that are more accessible. There are several much closer ranges for 100 and 200 yd rifle as well.

As for crowds, I shoot early in the week (one of the few benefits to working weekends) and get there closer to opening (9-10am) and it's not bad at all. I see mostly serious shooters or hunters getting their zero's.

PanaDP
10-09-2011, 7:59 PM
I love the place. That said, I work freelance and usually go monday morning or some other similarly uncrowded time.

BBB114
10-10-2011, 7:05 AM
I do like Angeles, but like mentioned before, you need to get there early am and early in the week if you are on the general side. I am a little bias, since most of the time I shoot at one of the other smaller leased out ranges that Angeles has (Eagles Nest) for either Duty quals, inservice training or private training. The smaller ranges can be leased out for private or group training as well.

Boyan

Notorious
10-15-2011, 1:46 AM
I stopped going there once it became organized with the range officers. I used to go a lot when it was just open and that was a lot if fun. I haven't gone back because it's just too far on a weekday.