PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Gun Show. Good Deals I found.

ChopperX
10-08-2011, 3:39 PM
So I usually will buy ammo at the gun shows. I only go to the Costa Mesa and Ontario shows since they are the closest to me. For those of you going to the Ontario show let me share what I got that could interest you.

Bought 2 boxes of PMC 45ACP for $15.50 a box!!!! Also bought 2 boxes of Sellier and Bellot same caliber for the same price. Got it from the largest ammo dealer they have. I think it's called minwall corporation or something.

So if you plan on buying .45 ACP then check them out.

Also bought a .30 cal ammo can in great shape there for $10. There is this little old lady with .30 and .50 cal ammo cans. All in great shape. She did say she had many more at home so tomorrow I suspect she will have them too so check that out.

Javi
10-08-2011, 6:05 PM
Ah, thanks! Hope more people chime in as I'm going tomorrow. Mainly going for a class voucher but most likely getting some lightning for my future safe and would love to re-stock some 9mm. I'll head straight to Minwall first. What else was there?

pacifico23
10-08-2011, 6:10 PM
I'm also looking at possibly going. Any deals you see on 7.62x39 or .223?

The .45 is a good deal. May have to get a few boxes of that.

ElvenSoul
10-08-2011, 6:29 PM
There where deals on ammo and acc...no deals to be found on guns. Seen cheaper prices in stores. Called one dealer out on item being cheaper in his store last week.

SA227driver
10-08-2011, 6:48 PM
Sellers bank on people thinking since they are at a gun show that they are getting a better deal than in the regular store. @ElvenSoul, good job calling out that owner on his prices.

Javi
10-08-2011, 7:03 PM
Luckily, I'm not interested in buying a gun there haha so no worries but I do want to just look at some while I'm there. I forgot, do these vendors have a surcharge for credit/debit purchases? I'm thinking I need to go to the ATM tomorrow morning. Oh, and what's near the buliding itself? I want free parking :) Not afraid of a bit of exercise.

bsg
10-08-2011, 7:25 PM
not going to the gun show; started a layaway on an older (1979) S&W lnib Model 60, so any monies i have extra goes toward that.

nice that there are some good ammo deals at the show. if i was going, i'd pick up a few of those ammo cans; decent price.

rareair
10-08-2011, 7:48 PM
The ammo dealer is actually called Miwall Corp

EchoFourTango
10-08-2011, 7:54 PM
Was there, sunday should be less crouded. Got a few things, but other wise just learning what else is on the market.

Javi
10-08-2011, 8:08 PM
not going to the gun show; started a layaway on an older (1979) S&W lnib Model 60, so any monies i have extra goes toward that.

Haha, I may put an AK on layaway before or after the show tomorrow. Gunna try not to get A LOT of small stuff but a single ammo can is something that I kind of need.

Ah, thank you. I was thinking Minwall or something like that. Hope someone has 6.5x55 swede at a good price too. Can someone confirm the surcharge for using credit/debit? Would love to save a trip to the atm

dave3223
10-08-2011, 9:19 PM
Luckily, I'm not interested in buying a gun there haha so no worries but I do want to just look at some while I'm there. I forgot, do these vendors have a surcharge for credit/debit purchases? I'm thinking I need to go to the ATM tomorrow morning. Oh, and what's near the buliding itself? I want free parking :) Not afraid of a bit of exercise.

If memory serves me correctly, Miwall does have a surcharge if you pay with a credit card. Furthermore, you have to provide your phone number on the receipt or something to that effect. LAX firing line also has some ammo which is competitively priced to Miwall. I always get 9mm HST 124gr. ammo there each show. Miwall did have some deal on non-corrosive 7.62x39 ammo, which I believe was Russian. I don't remember the exact cost, but do recall that it came in a 500 ct ammo can.

If you don't want to pay the parking fees, there is a hotel located right next door to the parking lot for the Convention Center. Be careful as they say that cars will be towed, however I'm sure if you park near another group of cars, you should be okay.

Overall, the show was okay for ammo, other small parts, and even silver coins. There is always a lot of cheap knock offs however especially in regards to scopes and flashlights, but otherwise still an entertaining day.

dave3223

bsg
10-08-2011, 9:29 PM
Haha, I may put an AK on layaway before or after the show tomorrow. Gunna try not to get A LOT of small stuff but a single ammo can is something that I kind of need.

i had no intentions of putting a gun on layaway; went in to gun shop to pick up a few boxes of ammo... and there sat that old S&W Model 60.

Javi
10-08-2011, 9:34 PM
If memory serves me correctly, Miwall does have a surcharge if you pay with a credit card. Furthermore, you have to provide your phone number on the receipt or something to that effect. LAX firing line also has some ammo which is competitively priced to Miwall. I always get 9mm HST 124gr. ammo there each show. Miwall did have some deal on non-corrosive 7.62x39 ammo, which I believe was Russian. I don't remember the exact cost, but do recall that it came in a 500 ct ammo can.

If you don't want to pay the parking fees, there is a hotel located right next door to the parking lot for the Convention Center. Be careful as they say that cars will be towed, however I'm sure if you park near another group of cars, you should be okay.

Overall, the show was okay for ammo, other small parts, and even silver coins. There is always a lot of cheap knock offs however especially in regards to scopes and flashlights, but otherwise still an entertaining day.

dave3223
Cash it is then. A craiglister should be showing up tomorrow morning before the show to give me $100 so hopefully that should do :) I hope there's enough ammo for my cousin n' I, were leaving at noon so I'm crossing my fingers. Still an entertaining day, huh? That's great. I really want my cousin to have a good time, pretty close to the number one thing I want us to have: fun!
i had no intentions of putting a gun on layaway; went in to gun shop to pick up a few boxes of ammo... and there sat that old S&W Model 60.

The AK I want went on sale so...damn haha. Was going to wait until November or December but I guess I'll put some money down on it now.

Javi
10-08-2011, 9:40 PM
Dave, I think I'm going to park at a nearby Denny's. Doesn't look too far on the map but I'll have to research that more hehe.

GWbiker
10-08-2011, 10:14 PM

They do very good business at major gun shows in Arizona.

dave3223
10-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Dave, I think I'm going to park at a nearby Denny's. Doesn't look too far on the map but I'll have to research that more hehe.

Parking at Denny's is a little bit of a walk if you plan on buying a lot of things. Instead, park at the Ontario Hilton which is a large parking lot and a bit closer, or park in the other hotel parking lot (I don't know the name) next to the show. Parking in the Hilton Parking lot is still a bit of a walk, but not as far as the Denny's parking lot. You will see a lot of places to park so don't worry too much. You can always park on the street as you get closer to the Convention Center if you are too concerned. Once you get there, you will see that Denny's is not really convenient. Good luck and have fun!

dave3223

Javi
10-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Oh, awesome. I'm trying to avoid paying a parking fee but also trying to find a parking spot, quickly, so I don't miss out on anything once inside since were going kind of late. I'll check out the Hilton and see if parking on that convention street is okay.

Javi
10-09-2011, 5:57 PM
My cousin & I enjoyed ourselves! He drove so we parked within the facility so had to cough up the parking $. Plenty of guns to look at. I was really happy to see Ammo Bros having the S&W M&P9c, I haven't seen one in stock for a while! ($500 at the show). Haha honestly, If I had a lot of money laying around, I would have bought this glossy AK furniture set that had a Mexican theme going on, I thought it was really sick. I bought:

* 500 rounds of Miwall 9mm 125 grain TMJ reloads for $79.95
* 80 rounds of Miwall 144gr. 6.5x55 Swede FMJ reloads for $13.95 each
* $40 voucher for a Civilian Arms Training class. Instructors seemed really cool!
* 4 oz. of Frog Lube CLP for $10 (Should have bought more). Really glad I caught them before leaving because I almost forgot I wanted to check them out.
*20 rimfire targets for $3

Some really random **** at some vendors. I've also never seen so many magazine rebuild kits in my life. Saw an "Olight" flashlight that I've wanted for a few months there but didn't want to spend the $90 on it today as I had to get some ammo! I'm disappointed I couldn't find the Calgunner who sells LED lights for safes. Thought we hit every booth but I guess not. After we left the building, a guy outside gave us American flag stickers and he gave my cousin a Marines ball cap for serving, very cool! Forgot who he was representing but I gave him $2 (Minwall took all my cash!). We were very happy with this being our first gun show. I can't imagine how epic the Reno or Arizona shows are.

WhatsTCP
10-10-2011, 9:03 AM
Well I made sure to make a shopping list before I headed there but still walked out with way more than I had planned

Found some good deals on rebuild kits for my recent 74 and 47 build so I picked up a few of those as well as some solar tactical bullet buttons.

lax firing range had good deals on reloads so picked up 500 rounds each of 9mm and 45acp

it was a good weekend, good show. Firearms overpriced as always but good deals on mags/parts/ammo

Javi
10-10-2011, 9:30 AM
Yeah, I was wondering whether to go with LAX reloads or Miwall. I wanted a heavier bullet so went Miwall. I examined a good amount of them, they look good although a few had a bit of deformation at the end of the case. Did they have limiters for AK mags? I only saw the Magpul ones.

bsg
10-10-2011, 9:55 AM
My cousin & I enjoyed ourselves! He drove so we parked within the facility so had to cough up the parking $. Plenty of guns to look at. I was really happy to see Ammo Bros having the S&W M&P9c, I haven't seen one in stock for a while! ($500 at the show). Haha honestly, If I had a lot of money laying around, I would have bought this glossy AK furniture set that had a Mexican theme going on, I thought it was really sick. I bought:

* 500 rounds of Miwall 9mm 125 grain TMJ reloads for $79.95
* 80 rounds of Miwall 144gr. 6.5x55 Swede FMJ reloads for $13.95 each
* $40 voucher for a Civilian Arms Training class. Instructors seemed really cool!
* 4 oz. of Frog Lube CLP for $10 (Should have bought more). Really glad I caught them before leaving because I almost forgot I wanted to check them out.
*20 rimfire targets for $3

Some really random **** at some vendors. I've also never seen so many magazine rebuild kits in my life. Saw an "Olight" flashlight that I've wanted for a few months there but didn't want to spend the $90 on it today as I had to get some ammo! I'm disappointed I couldn't find the Calgunner who sells LED lights for safes. Thought we hit every booth but I guess not. After we left the building, a guy outside gave us American flag stickers and he gave my cousin a Marines ball cap for serving, very cool! Forgot who he was representing but I gave him $2 (Minwall took all my cash!). We were very happy with this being our first gun show. I can't imagine how epic the Reno or Arizona shows are.

glad you enjoyed your first gun show. no ammo boxes?

Javi
10-10-2011, 10:22 AM
A .30 cal ammo can with 500 rounds of 9mm reloads and 4 boxes(20 rounds each) of 6.5x55 Swede.

bsg
10-10-2011, 10:38 AM
A .30 cal ammo can with 500 rounds of 9mm reloads and 4 boxes(20 rounds each) of 6.5x55 Swede.

nice.

Javi
10-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Took a chunk of what I was saving but I'll thank myself weeks from now

bsg
10-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Took a chunk of what I was saving but I'll thank myself weeks from now

oh... i can relate to that. your training class purchase was a great investment. the good deals you got on ammo will be appreciated later, as well. i couldn't afford to put that darned Model 60 on layaway, but once it's paid for it will be mine. it will be several months down the road before it's paid for....