PDA

View Full Version : Magazine kits

ap3572001
10-07-2011, 6:24 PM
Can Ca residents buy,sell,offer for sale,trade etc. Complete magazine rebuilds for magazines that did not exist before 2000?

aklover_91
10-07-2011, 6:25 PM
Yes. It's assembled magazines that are regulated, not magazine parts.

dantodd
10-07-2011, 6:29 PM
Rebuild kits a legal no matter which gun the mfg'd magazine would fit. You simply can't mfg. Them in CA. You can take the rebuild kit out of state, for example and assemble it there.

Ubermcoupe
10-07-2011, 8:14 PM
You can also use them to rebuild mags you have already when they break or wear out :thumbsup:

ap3572001
10-07-2011, 8:32 PM
You can also use them to rebuild mags you have already when they break or wear out :thumbsup:

I was asking about mags that were made for guns that did not exist till a year ago.

Rattlehead
10-07-2011, 8:55 PM
I was asking about mags that were made for guns that did not exist till a year ago.

You may have the kits as long as you do not assemble them into a complete magazine.

quick draw mcgraw
10-07-2011, 9:21 PM
You may have the kits as long as you do not assemble them into a complete magazine while in California or other states with 10+ capacity magazine restrictions.

However, feel free to assemble and use them in Nevada, Arizona, et al. Just remember to disassemble them again before re-entering California.

Rattlehead
10-07-2011, 10:37 PM
However, feel free to assemble and use them in Nevada, Arizona, et al. Just remember to disassemble them again before re-entering California.

:o

I forgot to add that.

Quiet
10-09-2011, 5:33 AM
They can also be used to make permanent 10 round or less magazines for use in CA.

victory19
10-20-2011, 7:09 PM
Can someone point me to the cited section of the CA law that confirms this? I've heard this and have been preaching it on other sites, but someone called me on it and I'm wondering of someone here has the answer right away. I'm packing to go out of town first thing in the morning and I still have a ton of things to do (my wife has a ton of things for me to do), before we leave. I can check when I get back, but it would be great to give him the answer before I leave. Thanks for your help!

Most specifically, a UMP 25 round magazine kit to be shipped to someone in CA (who has a limiter to make it hold only 10 rounds and they also have a US made follower and base plate). All will be epoxied into place, so it will be permanent. The question is where specifically is it cited that it is legal to ship a unassembled, high cap magazine (UMP) to California.

hoffmang
10-20-2011, 7:14 PM
On this, CA DOJ is basically correct: http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/DOJ-large-cap-magazines-2005-11-10.pdf

-Gene

victory19
10-20-2011, 7:18 PM
That was quick! THANK YOU!!!

mdimeo
10-20-2011, 10:14 PM
The question is where specifically is it cited that it is legal to ship a unassembled, high cap magazine (UMP) to California.

The penal code doesn't work that way, generally. It forbids things, and sometimes provides exceptions for things that would otherwise be forbidden.

So it doesn't say anywhere that a pile of magazine parts is legal. There just isn't any language that makes it illegal.