PDA

View Full Version : Glock armorers course question

Shellshocker66
10-07-2011, 3:24 PM
OK here I go again with another question.

So I'm all signed up for my course thanks to GSSF contacting the Glock training department and letting them know I'm a pending member (faxed over my membership with a big bold AC on it and my CC info). So I got confirmation that I'm now enrolled in the March class down in Richmond which I'm very happy about.

So when I first decided to take the armorers course it was to help increase my knowledge and to fix anything that may arise that I've not seen before with my own Glocks. Not to mention it is nice to be able to order OEM parts at discount.

So now various people have posted that armorers also get a discount for Glock purchases. Which is great, until I just read a post on another forum in which someone who was a civi (GSSF member I assume to take the course), was told because he is not LEO/MIl/whatever, that he does not get the armorers discount even though he passed the class and has his certificate.

So any armorers out there care to address this question on if it is true or not?

Edit: Another thing the poster added to his post is that he thought he might of been denied the discounts because he is a California resident and being a civilian. I didn't think Glock would take up the anti-CA thing but he thought that might be one of the reasons.

locosway
10-07-2011, 9:03 PM
During my class this was addressed by the couple people in the class who weren't LEO's. They said that we can take advantage of the pricing (only two pistols), and we have to go through a blue label dealer.

I still haven't bought mine, but I'm planning on it soon. Probably once the tax refund comes in I'll grab two of them.

sirgiles
10-07-2011, 9:50 PM
im a "civi" and used the discount at lcaction in san jose. i was told that in socal, you can go to proforce.

Shellshocker66
10-08-2011, 6:57 AM
Thank you for the responses!

I'm going to assume the guy had a very new instructor or maybe didn't take the Glock armorers class as everything I've read says you do get the discount.

Plisk
10-08-2011, 10:29 AM
I took the same class as locosway and I am an FFL employee. I can make personal orders with my discount no problem. Now when I put in an order with my Certification through the business I get an even greater discount. But personally, yes I still get the discount.

AAShooter
10-08-2011, 12:28 PM
I had understood the discounted Glock you purchased through the Armorer's class counts against the 1/year afforded you through your GSSF membership. I don't know if that is true or not.

I am still not really sure I understand the GSSF membership benefit on its own.

locosway
10-08-2011, 7:49 PM
I had understood the discounted Glock you purchased through the Armorer's class counts against the 1/year afforded you through your GSSF membership. I don't know if that is true or not.

I am still not really sure I understand the GSSF membership benefit on its own.

GSSF two year memberships allow you one pistol per year at factory pricing, which has been $399 for their normal models.

The Glock Armorer Certification allows two pistols to be purchased at factory pricing.

I have no heard of one cancelling the other out. GSSF is it's own entity, and I don't believe the AC cert would override your allotment from the GSSF.

If you do have questions, give the GSSF an email. They're good people and will respond fairly quickly.