PDA

View Full Version : I think my wife wants a glock 17

five.five-six
10-07-2011, 2:13 PM
It's like she punched me right in the gut... she has a .357 revolver.... but she wants a synthetic gun with a "clip". I tried to explain to her about FTE, FTF, FTF and glock leg, but she just does not want to listen...my own wife Tupperware toting tacticool :facepalm: how do I break this to our children?

redking
10-07-2011, 2:13 PM
You need to hit your wife harder.

Clip?
GLOCK?
:facepalm:

show her the thread here titled "GLOCK EXPLODED"

also go to a gun store and buy her a 1911 but ask the seller to put it in a glock box.

Christmas is coming.

Get the black one....

Tacticool it up...

If she isnt happy with it...

Jump off a bridge

:D

YOU TRIED

stix213
10-07-2011, 2:18 PM
At least one of you two has some common sense. Now the more important question is what do we do about five.five-six's Glock ignorance :p

bluenoise
10-07-2011, 2:21 PM
At least one of you two has some common sense. Now the more important question is what do we do about five.five-six's Glock ignorance :p

This. :D

That said, my wife wants a S&W 617 for Christmas. She doesn't like shooting our Glock 17.

Shellshocker66
10-07-2011, 2:57 PM
Let her go fondle a glock 19 and I bet she will want that instead!

Now what is this FTE, FTF stuff? I for the life of me can't remember ever having any FTE's or FTF's in over 24 years from owning Glocks! Guess I've been lucky or something :)

someR1
10-07-2011, 2:58 PM
i hope my old lady doesn't want a gun....diamonds are expensive enough lol

Glock_fanboy
10-07-2011, 3:08 PM
also go to a gun store and buy her a 1911 but ask the seller to put it in a glock box.

Love it!

five.five-six
10-07-2011, 3:44 PM
ohhh, I have a black kimber I could give her.... just tell her it's the improved model with a safety and comfort fit.... it's like the bently of glocks

gatesbox
10-07-2011, 3:58 PM
All I have to say to your wife:

http://www-scf.usc.edu/~ryanbruc/ChosenWisely.jpg

Mr.1904
10-07-2011, 4:58 PM
Remeber. 13 rounds of .45 is better than 8 rounds of .45.

just sayin

chim-chim7
10-07-2011, 5:02 PM
Most women like my wife do not prefer the fat grip of a Glock. Plus my wife is all about her1911's and CZ's. She wont shoot Glocks anymore but she does like her XD45, go figure.

five.five-six
10-07-2011, 5:05 PM
Remeber. 13 rounds of .45 is better than 8 rounds of .45.

just sayin

um..my wife pees sitting down, so she wants a 9mm

tacticalcity
10-07-2011, 5:11 PM
It's like she punched me right in the gut... she has a .357 revolver.... but she wants a synthetic gun with a "clip". I tried to explain to her about FTE, FTF, FTF and glock leg, but she just does not want to listen...my own wife Tupperware toting tacticool :facepalm: how do I break this to our children?

Gotta stop drinking that hater-aid brother. I've never had any of those issues with my Glock, and I am a long time Glock owner. The only time I've ever seen anybody have them is when they were limp wristing (usually limp arm rather than wrist). People leaving their shooting arm like a limp noodle. People not understanding how a semi-auto works. Not understanding that if you let the gun come backwards right along with the slide, the slide can't come back far enough to do its job. This is something that increases in frequency the more powerful the round because more force/resistance is needed on the gun. It can happen with any semi-auto, and not a single range trip goes by where I don't see it happening to a new 1911 owner. It's fun listening to them be stubborn when I tell them to stiffen their shooting arm a lttle bit and they insist their gun is broken and its not them. It's not a 1911 thing or a Glock thing. It's a semi-auto thing. But as guys who are used to 9mms catch the 1911 fever (which is happening in droves lately) and shoot their first .45, they don't get that a slightly stiffer arm and less bendy elbow is needed. Something they should have been doing all along but didn't know it. For the wife, 9mm is a smarter move. I don't know her personally, but the less powerful the round the less force/resitance is needed to keep a semi-auto working properly. It also means fatigue will set is slower. It's not that I think women can't handle a .45, just that 9mm is easier for everybody. So if she thinks 9mm is the right size for her, don't argue. Be glad she is not insisting on a .380.

ianS
10-07-2011, 5:15 PM
I wonder how much she's had to hear you drone on and on about how much you hate Glocks. Now, she has her revenge. Ha! Ha!

advocatusdiaboli
10-07-2011, 5:21 PM
I own mostly Sigs, a few Glocks (find another good value in 10mm semi-auto), and an HK USP. I prefer my Sigs but I one have one issue with the Glock: striker pistols require an elevated sense of safety in handling because they don't have de-cockers or safeties. I personally don't like safeties in pistols, but I like a de-cocker to put it in DA mode. But that's me. If she is trained and knows her stuff, then let her get what she wants to shoot. Life is too short to shoot pistols you don't like.

tacticalcity
10-07-2011, 5:29 PM
Not to pick on you or call you out but get proper training, obey the basic safety rules, no problems. You see a lot of new guys without professional training (or without enough of it) that lack the self confidence to carry without a manual safety and/or decocker. I think they should trust their gut, because they are probably right. In fact they really should not be carrying at all until their skill level and confidence increases. But once they have more training under their belt I don't get remaining aprehensive. At the end of the day, the manual safety and DA pull offer more the illusion of safety than the actual reality of safety. Break the basic safety rules and you're gonna have a problem. Period. A safety or decocker are not going to save you if you're truly careless or incomptent. Again...not saying you're either. What I am saying is that the exact same level of safety is needed regardless of what kind of gun you have. You just think they're different. Until you have that skillset...you're unsafe. Training wheels on bike won't save you if you ride your bike into head on traffic anymore than a DA pull on a gun will save if you're careless.

ocabj
10-07-2011, 5:33 PM
Sounds to me like your wife has good taste. Glocks are reliable.

I just recently picked up a new Glock 17 since I got rid of my only full size 9mm (Beretta) a few years ago. It's wearing a nice Surefire X300, too.

five.five-six
10-07-2011, 5:33 PM
guys, guys, don't get me wrong, as cheep guns go, glocks are great... I was just hoping she had more self respect than that

I am going to have to make her shoot one first, if she still wants one after that, then she can have one

tacticalcity
10-07-2011, 5:48 PM
Do they have a "digging a hole" smiliey? ;)

Lumpia is sarap!
10-07-2011, 6:08 PM
Once she gets the Glock, she'll be cooler than you. ;)

ElvenSoul
10-07-2011, 6:13 PM
Let her hold a CZ!

someR1
10-07-2011, 6:23 PM
Once she gets the Glock, she'll be cooler than you. ;)

lmfao

locosway
10-07-2011, 8:57 PM

I have three different sized Glocks and two 17's, one's stock, the other slightly modded if you want to meet up somewhere.

Fishslayer
10-07-2011, 9:05 PM

Try a redirection. She wants black plastic with a "clip?" (:facepalm:) Fine... look at any number of SIGs, Barettas, Rugers, whatevers...

Unless she REALLY likes the ergos of the G**** (it happens :shrug:) she just might like something else better. My wife LOVES her SIG 9mm to death. And so far none of those FTF or FTE you mentioned. The thing's been combat brick reliable.

LovingTheYear1911
10-07-2011, 9:08 PM
Is your wife a thug? Usually its the thugs calling a magazine a "clip." :)

Just saying.... But on a serious note, Glocks are excellent guns. I dont know why all the hating has been going around. Tell that to the 24,23023,2300 LEO who trust their Glock out on the job. I love my Glock 22, it feels and shoots nice. Though not a 1911, but thats a different story.

five.five-six
10-07-2011, 9:13 PM
Unless she REALLY likes the ergos of the G**** (it happens :shrug:) she just might like something else better. My wife LOVES her SIG 9mm to death. And so far none of those FTF or FTE you mentioned.

yea... i am afraid to let her know about my 229.... that's how she got my android, my GPS, a bunch of my tools and my digital voice recorder.... she finds something I have that she likes and just takes it

229 would probably be a really good gun for her, great ergos, and the .357 sig is inherently reliable.... damn it, that's my favorite gun right now... hopefully the recoil is too much for her :p

the thing about FTF and FTE, they seem more prevalent in high stress situations.... that's why i like her having a wheel gun.... yes she has had some range time... and put better than 500 rounds down the pipe.... but I had her at the range today, she wanted a HSC.... she passed her test and I asked... well don't you want to shoot?..... oh no, not today :facepalm:

I will never understand women

redking
10-07-2011, 9:19 PM
Put tula ammo in it.

Fishslayer
10-07-2011, 9:25 PM
I will never understand women

All you really need to understand is that she'll do best with something she likes. Just let her try out different stuff & let it work itself out. Shouldn't cost ya much either. Guys will usually let chicks try out their gear any time they ask. I know I do. ;)

As for "taking" stuff my wife's been after my 1911 since I got it. I see that as a chance to upgrade when the opportunity presents itself. :D

five.five-six
10-07-2011, 9:52 PM
As for "taking" stuff my wife's been after my 1911 since I got it. I see that as a chance to upgrade when the opportunity presents itself. :D

let me explain to you how that will work, you ill still be shooting your [loaded]?? and she will have a new Les bare :rofl2:

AR15Kimo
10-08-2011, 12:43 AM
I turn 21 in 4 months. First hand gun will be a glock 17 and a glock 21 SF after the 30 day wait.

Solidux
10-08-2011, 2:00 AM
Put tula ammo in it.

This is now a crime scene.

in case /sarcasm

Colt-45
10-08-2011, 2:35 AM
FTE, FTF, FTF and glock leg,

Someone's stuck on the bad G17 Gen4 recoil spring. They did send out new and improved ones you know.

billped
10-08-2011, 6:14 AM
She likes guns, that makes her a keeper.

Cheers,
Bill

five.five-six
10-08-2011, 9:25 AM
Someone's stuck on the bad G17 Gen4 recoil spring. They did send out new and improved ones you know.

no, I just don't like cheep plastic guns

Fishslayer
10-08-2011, 9:30 AM
no, I just don't like cheep plastic guns

If G***** were "cheap" I'd probly own one by now. In my neck of the woods even used ones are $500+. Too many others I'd rather have before putting out that kind of cash for something that doesn't really excite me.

Not a hater but poking the fanboiz is fun. :D

jeep7081
10-08-2011, 9:35 AM
You need to hit your wife harder.

Clip?
GLOCK?
:facepalm:

show her the thread here titled "GLOCK EXPLODED"

Christmas is coming.

Get the black one....

Tacticool it up...

If she isnt happy with it...

Jump off a bridge

YOU TRIED

You mean you didn't read the replies on how rare the glocks explode "kaboom"? :rolleyes: :D

ICONIC
10-08-2011, 9:53 AM
I am not the bigest fan of glocks,. The ergonomics blow and its like shooting ashoebox. But I gave my girlffriend my g17 gen 2 for home defense when she moved into to her new apartment.she prefers it over any of m
y other semis due to the lighter slide

morfeeis
10-08-2011, 10:13 AM
at least buy her an American made reliable pistol and get her a Ruger Sr9 or SR9c.

PS
my wife owns a G19 and loves it(i also keep catching her with her hands on my SR9), i find it a bit smaller for my hands and it makes me long for my old G17.

$nake-Eye$
10-08-2011, 12:19 PM
+1

Mine is not a big fan of firepower... :facepalm:

She likes guns, that makes her a keeper.

Cheers,
Bill

five.five-six
10-08-2011, 5:34 PM
If G***** were "cheap" I'd probly own one by now. In my neck of the woods even used ones are $500+.

cheep and overpriced are not mutually exclusive, case in point

Caladain
10-08-2011, 6:59 PM
cheep and overpriced are not mutually exclusive, case in point

Dunno. My XD45 has outperformed my wheelguns in pretty much every activity. :chris: And the word is "cheap". Cheep is a noun: a shrill squeaky cry made by a bird, typically a young one. :D

Also, your elitism is showing..you should cover up in public before the 1911 guys come and bury this thread :43:

That said, i do love revolvers...and other antique firearms.

five.five-six
10-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Dunno. My XD45 has outperformed my wheelguns in pretty much every activity. :chris: And the word is "cheap". Cheep is a noun: a shrill squeaky cry made by a bird, typically a young one. :D

Also, your elitism is showing..you should cover up in public before the 1911 guys come and bury this thread :43:

That said, i do love revolvers...and other antique firearms.

cheep cheep cheep :rofl2:

DBoulant
10-10-2011, 2:04 AM
Most women like my wife do not prefer the fat grip of a Glock.

I giggled like a 14 year old in health class when I read this.

GlockOn
10-10-2011, 8:57 AM
Sounds like your wife is pretty smart to me. She knows a good product when she sees one. With a Glock, FTF, FTF, FTE are kind of like unicorns, people talk about them, but they don't exist. "Glock Leg" doesn't exist if you have any level of training or common sense. I would suggest showing her a Glock 19, but if she wants the 17 more power to her.

em9sredbeam
10-10-2011, 10:41 AM
I have to admit I like high steel content guns lol, but bought my girl a glock 19 and she loves it and Its freaking reliable just like my xd (8-10,000 rounds original spring and everything 0 problems.) So much for the sig and smith 626 I grew up with.. She might like the 19 a little better, the grip seems to fit womens hands better. You are going to have to adapt five-five-six, I am sorry brother. Atleast it still goes bang, not to mention the capacity.

em9sredbeam
10-10-2011, 10:43 AM
By the way I still like my XD over the glock for the backstrap safety and the grip. Might want to look at one of those if she wants a "plastic gun."

five.five-six
10-10-2011, 2:10 PM
Sounds like your wife is pretty smart to me. She knows a good product when she sees one. With a Glock, FTF, FTF, FTE are kind of like unicorns, people talk about them, but they don't exist. "Glock Leg" doesn't exist if you have any level of training or common sense. I would suggest showing her a Glock 19, but if she wants the 17 more power to her.

no, she is your typical glock person, she does not know anything about guns