View Full Version : Glock 19 trigger bar has small chunk taken out of it.

10-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Sorry if I'm not up and up on all the correct terminology on this.

The little nub that sits up off the trigger bar and sits just offset of the chamber has a chunk taken out of it. The gun is coming up on 5000 rounds and still functions normally. Is this a common wear point on these pistols? Also what other parts should be looked at in a Glock with this many rounds through it.

The gun is a Gen 3 19 that is about 3 years old and has close to 5000 rounds through it and is 100% factory stock.

Here is a crappy MS paint image to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. I exaggerated the chunk a bit in the pic to make it easier to see. (the original image is not mine)

10-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I don't know if that has a specific name other than "trigger bar". I have an old model 22 and who knows how many rounds it has shot downrange but no chunks out of mine and its pretty beat up.

The good news is the whole assembly you have pictured is a whopping $13.99 from midway. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=179747

If you feel comfortable replacing it pretty cheap fix. If not there are a few armorers on the board who I'm sure you could PM for a price quote.

10-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Yeah I can put another in myself, I was just curious if this is somewhat "normal".

10-07-2011, 5:19 PM
Its normal. The only time the front edge of that hits the saftey plunger in the slide is upon reassembly after field stripping. During normal use, as the trigger is pulled rearward, the plunger rides up the more gradual ramp on the right side (in your pic) of that nub. If it bothers you, you can replace it and when your putting the slide back on, you can reduce the amount the saftey plunger hangs down by depressing it and pushing the striker forward.

10-07-2011, 9:00 PM
It looks like it will function fine, but with how cheap the Glock parts are, I would simply replace it and keep the old one as a spare.

While you're in there, might as well check the firing pin and the firing pin safety plunger for wear.

10-08-2011, 9:22 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I plan on picking up a few spares to keep on hand, but like I said it still runs great.

10-08-2011, 7:41 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I plan on picking up a few spares to keep on hand, but like I said it still runs great.

The only thing I keep spare is a recoil spring assembly, but you might also want to pickup all the springs, since they do wear out and should be changed at regular intervals.