PDA

View Full Version : Small cleaning brushes etc, free from Sephora

weinerd
10-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Yes, my wife goes to Sephora for overpriced cosmetics... :(

While she's there, I do pick up a few of those little plastic-handled brushes and stuff they have for women (mainly) to muck around with. They are perfect for cleaning the little nooks and crannies of my gun.

Thought I'd just pass it along...

Ubermcoupe
10-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Nice tip. Now my wife and I can make the trip together!

Yes, my wife goes to Sephora for overpriced very important to my wife (and my sanity) :D cosmetics

Fix'd it for you ;)

duckman1
10-08-2011, 7:17 AM
Still doen't explain the eye liner and rouge in your range kit!

bsg
10-08-2011, 8:58 AM
you're on the right track. many of the things i have in my "cleaning kit" are made for purposes unrelated to guns; necessity is the mother of invention.

thanks for sharing your tip....

a1c
10-08-2011, 1:31 PM
Good call! Will have to stock up next time I'm in SF!

And I do admit I DO sometimes buy some men's moisturizing cream there. Hey, I'm Euro. :leaving:

rjf
10-08-2011, 2:16 PM
The little plastic bottles at Sally Beauty Supply and non sterile swabs at the medical supply place are cheap and useful.

SanPedroShooter
10-08-2011, 3:36 PM
You guys are homo's.:)

CSACANNONEER
10-08-2011, 3:50 PM
Nail polish works great as a waterproof primer sealer, to mark certain gun parts and even to color sights with. Eyeliner and rouge can be used similar to machinist's bluing to see just where the metal to metal contact is. Some salves (Burt's beeswax hand salve is great!) are excelent case lubes. Emory boards are great for sanding small parts and conditioning trigger fingers before shooting light triggers.

Shellshocker66
10-08-2011, 4:22 PM
Yes, my wife goes to Sephora for overpriced cosmetics... :(

While she's there, I do pick up a few of those little plastic-handled brushes and stuff they have for women (mainly) to muck around with. They are perfect for cleaning the little nooks and crannies of my gun.

Thought I'd just pass it along...

OK I admit to not being the most girly girl, but what is Sephora? Is that a So Cal thing or am I too busy going to gun stores instead of makeup stores?

a1c
10-08-2011, 4:38 PM
OK I admit to not being the most girly girl, but what is Sephora? Is that a So Cal thing or am I too busy going to gun stores instead of makeup stores?

Not SoCal thing - there are stores in NorCal too. It's actually a French retail chain. To make a relevant analogy, there're the Cabela's of high end cosmetics.