PDA

View Full Version : Great experience at Corona Turners

pyr02k1
10-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Figured I'd share the great experience (and one minor annoyance :D) with the corona turners...

Went in there on the 3rd or 4th as a surprise for the girlfriend. Her birthday was yesterday (5th) and I promised her I'd buy her a shotgun for christmas, early, and that she could have it somewhere between the two. She broke down in tears before I even got in the store (not used to acts of kindness and such). Finally, she got giddy at the thought as soon as we walked in. The cashier was pleasant and greeted us as we walked in, which was nice (big5 didnt even give us a hello 2 weeks before when we needed targets, and I didnt know the turners was that close).

Moving on, took her to the shotguns and a nice, older gentleman came up (cant recall his name, but I believe it was Dean or Dave. retired gov't employee, keeps his retired badge in his wallet, more on that later). He was very nice, asked what he could do for us (looked at both of us, mind you, not just me), and I pointed him to her. He right away jumped in and asked her what she knew, wanted and was going to use it for. He knew what he was telling us and admitted what he didn't and found answers where needed. He joked and kid with us a bit and made the experience of spending more then I planned much better then I thought it'd be.

He showed her all the 12ga wood furniture guns you had and then asked why she was avoiding synthetic. After explaining why it was better then wood, and her listening and asking questions, he showed her the Benelli Supernova. She fell in love on the spot. He knew I planned on getting her a 870 or 500, but I told him it's whatever she wants and he took me at my word. So, $200+ more then I planned to spend later, he got her paperwork written up and all the forms taken care of, but we hit a snag with her ID. The home she lives in, no utilities in her name and the ID didnt match that address. They helped us out with it and gave us all the needed info to make sure we could run to the DMV and get the right info we needed to continue. I paid in full on the way out and went to the DMV. DMV lady didnt listen and we came back with the wrong form (little card vs H6) and had to go back to the DMV and turners again.

Next day we went back with the H6 and finished it off. The 2 other gentleman behind the counter that day helped us out with some other bits and pieces and were also quite pleasant to deal with.

The staff you have in the firearms section and your cashiers are all top notch. Give them all a round of applause because I'll be coming back in a couple months to get my next handgun and my first rifle and then again a few months after for my first shotgun and AR parts...

On to the one minor annoyance... Carry more reloading in stock or put it up on your site for store shipping. I was hopeful youd have a LNL AP there (I was near positive you wouldn't) and would have bought that as well. I didn't think to ask as I already had a cart online to buy it, but its one thing I would have gladly done a site to store on for purchase. Offering up most of your inventory for view online would help to keep people coming in (And give you a step over Big5 as well, since they have the same setup you do). If you allow people to purchase non firearms stuff online for either site to store, or store pickup, that would make it nicer as well. (I'm more prone to impulse buy online then in a store. I'd of probably gotten everything I got from Cabelas, Midway and Powder Valley at your location with site to store, and knowing my habits, I would have probably gotten a larger safe then the little one I just bought there while doing the shotgun purchase.)

Thanks again for a great experience at the store, and make sure to tell them how well they did. You really do have a great bunch, so make sure you dont do what my current employer does and only give them hassle when you go visit their store and only pass on the bad reviews. Give them the good, and be sure to tell them what they're doing right in the store when you visit, it'll surely help keep them up when you give them the one or 2 bad things you see in the store...

--John

BigMak911
10-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Dean over there is a retired military medic then he worked a DOC guard. EXCELLENT guy...pleasure to work with, bought my Sig 2022 from him, and, as it turns out, he knew my FIL from their days back in the 82nd airborne. I've done a lot of work with both Corona and Chino Hills... CH is better since they got rid of the young guy who thinks he's Elvis but Corona is by far the best. I've only been to the Reseda store once... and never again. THAT store is the reason people hate Turners.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-07-2011, 1:43 PM

On to the one minor annoyance... Carry more reloading in stock or put it up on your site for store shipping. I was hopeful youd have a LNL AP there (I was near positive you wouldn't) and would have bought that as well. I didn't think to ask as I already had a cart online to buy it, but its one thing I would have gladly done a site to store on for purchase....

Thanks again for a great experience at the store, and make sure to tell them how well they did....

--John

We are beginning work on our reloading basic. Like other categories, it fell behind in the last few years. We just added Berger bullets (we have more on the way), and we're going to update our Hornady, Sierra and Nosler selections. We're revamping our powder selection, keeping the classics while adding new powders and we'll be adding more presses and other gear, too.

We just added the Hornady LnL single stage press and we can order direct from them; just let Dean know what you're after and we'll get you pricing and availability.

As for our crew at Corona, we agree. I just got off of the phone with Dean and thanked him for the great job he did for the two of you; as well we shared your post with our Store Sales/Mgmt Director (Dean's boss' boss, if you will).

Thanks for sharing; it really validates the effort these guys are putting into trying to make gun buying all of the fun it should be.