PDA

View Full Version : AOW SBR question.

SxB
10-06-2011, 2:58 PM
Am I understanding this correctly? If I register a lower as an AOW and get a federal tax stamp I can the have a rifled barrel that is 12-18 inches.

I want to run a noveske 12.5 upper and retain the use of a butt stock. I'm thinking/hoping I can get a fed tax stamp and register a lower as an AOW and be good to go.

ke6guj
10-06-2011, 3:06 PM
Am I understanding this correctly? If I register a lower as an AOW and get a federal tax stamp I can the have a rifled barrel that is 12-18 inches. if you registered a pistol lower as an AOW, you could have a smooth bore pistol, OR, if it was set up as a rifled-bore pistol <26" OAL, you could then add a vertical forward grip to it.

I want to run a noveske 12.5 upper and retain the use of a butt stock. I'm thinking/hoping I can get a fed tax stamp and register a lower as an AOW and be good to go.no, a rifled-barrel firearm with a shoulder stock and a <16" barrel would be an SBR, not an AOW. It would not be legal to make an SBR from a registered AOW without first getting an SBR Form 1 approved. And you won't be able to get that approved in CA.