PDA

View Full Version : 7.62x45mm brass

grammaton76
02-07-2007, 1:37 PM
So, I'm getting kind of annoyed that I've owned this VZ-52 rifle, and plenty of steel cored corrosive ammo that I refuse to shoot through it, for a few years and have yet to fire it. Yes, I know that I could use that chamber insert to convert it to 7.62x39mm, but those inserts don't work that well and I'd rather use the rifle the way it was meant to be used.

I'm kinda thinking about buying the 7.62x45mm brass forming kit from MidwayUSA, although it Ain't Cheap (tm) at around $300. My two questions are:

1. Does anyone else already have this setup? If so, can I either pay you to convert some brass, or buy already-converted brass off of you?

2. If no one else has this setup already, are there any other VZ-52 owners who'd want to either buy some converted brass or pay to have some brass converted?

I'm not interested in trying to buy or sell reloads, as that's a whole legal area I'd rather not mess with. But buying/selling brass is pretty commonly held to be safe...

dw1784
02-08-2007, 3:44 PM
the question you have to ask oneself is...how much do you love your CZ?:D

from 6.5x54 Mannlicher-Schonauer brass,
http://www.mauser98.com/brass.html

I think he's doing it without the $300 dies. Either way, if it's anything like forming 7.7Jap from 30-06, it's going to be a good work out!:)