PDA

View Full Version : DC and handguns-- possible gun control changes for 90 days then it gets worse?

gn3hz3ku1*
02-07-2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20070206-115722-3302r.htm

ohh boy the crack head is at it again! 2nd amendment means nothing to him

Aluisious
02-07-2007, 11:44 AM
The first 30 years of gun control didn't work at all, but the next 30 years will.

Those are some profoundly stupid people.

hoffmang
02-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Oh, it means plenty to him and that's why he's up to this.

DC is very worried they will lose Parker v. DC and I think its just dawning on everyone there that if and when they do they either can't appeal it or it will be the perfect 2A SCOTUS case. DC's issue is that if they moot it then they may be able to argue later that the ruling has no effect. If they don't moot the case and its found against them, they either have to accept it and not appeal it to SCOTUS which creates a clear circuit split, or they appeal it and stand a decent chance of losing at SCOTUS which re-opens all sorts of interesting challenges to laws all around the country - even here.

I love it when rubber starts to hit the road.

-Gene

CalNRA
02-07-2007, 11:54 AM
aha, when gun control doesn't work, make a list of people with guns. Great plan for a Katrina II.

xenophobe
02-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Exciting times.... exciting times indeed...

dfletcher
02-07-2007, 5:22 PM
I think you hit it right on the head, hoff. MB has had plenty of time to register concern allowing DC residents to legally own handguns in the midst of a very violent city. The only thing that has changed in those 30 years is that now the citizens of that city are on the threshold of being granted the franchise most of us enjoy elsewhere. That he puts forth this proposition shows his depravity as a moral person, his expertise as a politician and a willingness to eventually perpetuate upon DC residents their present condition. That he would beguile them with a brief respite - a mere taste of freedom so to speak - knowing it is welcome but deliberately insufficient, is especially heinous.

HeHateMe
02-07-2007, 5:30 PM
The only thing that will come out of this is those poor suckers who registered their handguns and trusted a politician will have them confiscated. A 90 day registration? I think that opens up it's own can of worms.

triggerhappy
02-08-2007, 7:11 AM
I think you hit it right on the head, hoff. MB has had plenty of time to register concern allowing DC residents to legally own handguns in the midst of a very violent city. The only thing that has changed in those 30 years is that now the citizens of that city are on the threshold of being granted the franchise most of us enjoy elsewhere. That he puts forth this proposition shows his depravity as a moral person, his expertise as a politician and a willingness to eventually perpetuate upon DC residents their present condition. That he would beguile them with a brief respite - a mere taste of freedom so to speak - knowing it is welcome but deliberately insufficient, is especially heinous.

Very well-put.