View Full Version : Anyone know a place near Stockton that I can go target-practice?

02-07-2007, 10:26 AM
:confused: I am looking for some Public Land that can be used for Target Practice near Stockton? (San Joaq. County)

I will obviously follow the Beareau Land Managments guidelines and bring my own targets and make sure to pick up my debris! But I just cannot find a place locally where I can actually (Safely and without complaint) sit down and plink away without having to pay $12.00 to be either in a crowded public range or at the public range (In Linden) and still end up paying $12.00!

I'm from Colorado and an use to driving 10-15 minutes just to get out of the city-limits and being able to find an area to shoot on (Clearly Marked).

Of course maybe it has a little to do with the fact that I am a cheapo!!! :D
And would rather spend the $12.00 on more ammo or save it for another gun!

02-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Still looking! There must not be anything around cause I haven't gotten a single hit yet!?

02-11-2007, 6:59 AM
The problem is that there are no public lands down in the valley, you have to head up to the hills:

I think the Red Hills BLM range in Tuolumne County is still open, that's probably as close as you're going to get.

02-11-2007, 2:39 PM
I'm in Tracy and I usually go up to either the El Dorado and shoot or head down to Panoche.

If you find anywhere else to shoot out here please let us know.