PDA

View Full Version : What to do with non-bio clays?

Aluisious
02-07-2007, 10:10 AM
So I bought 90 White Flyer clays from Walmart, thinking I was saving money.

Nope. Can't shoot them at the ranges around here...not biodegradable.

What the heck do you do with 90 shotgun clays you can't shoot?

...build furniture?

Incitatus
02-07-2007, 10:16 AM

...build furniture?

Use them as china.

:D

MilSpec.45
02-07-2007, 10:22 AM
BLM Land.

M1A Rifleman
02-07-2007, 11:18 AM
BLM Land.

And add more pollution to BLM land? This not good either.

MrTuffPaws
02-07-2007, 11:30 AM
ashtrays?

megavolt121
02-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Give them to trick-o-treaters

Hunter
02-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Simple,
Take them back to Walmart.

Aluisious
02-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Simple,
Take them back to Walmart.
I opened the box a little...:mad:

Hunter
02-07-2007, 12:14 PM
I opened the box a little...:mad:

Well, tell them it said "white" flyer not florescent orange, which is what you found when you opened them:rolleyes:

Just kidding. On the otherhand I don't imagine you have much in these $$ wise. I bought the same 90 pc box in Dec for $4.45 from Walmart and used them at a gravel pit. I sure beat paying $13/bx for biodegradable ones when we shot 5 cases of them that day.

sargenv
02-07-2007, 12:14 PM
give them to the local hazmat reception place and sign the little log that you learned your lesson?

Vince

Aluisious
02-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Well, tell them it said "white" flyer not florescent orange, which is what you found when you opened them:rolleyes:

Just kidding. On the otherhand I don't imagine you have much in these $$ wise. I bought the same 90 pc box in Dec for $4.45 from Walmart and used them at a gravel pit. I sure beat paying $13/bx for biodegradable ones when we shot 5 cases of them that day.
I have an unreasonable ability to go nuts for a long time over a few bucks.

SunriseF150
02-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Walfarts will take anything back. Opened or not.

Nefarious
02-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Just blast em!
Like Milspec stated... take em out to BLM and blast away... just clean up your mess like your suppost to.

Prop them up against a rock, sheet of wood... line them all up... and pick up the peices when done :D

Incitatus
02-07-2007, 2:16 PM
I'll take them.

xj4play
02-08-2007, 2:51 PM
Ha i did the same thing. I place them around the backyard at parties, but first i tell people please dont break the ashtrays they are valuable. You will find some broken, but the best part is when someone feses up to breaking one and they offer to pay you for a replacement. Then tell them to go to the box and grab another one.

Aluisious
02-08-2007, 2:53 PM
Ha i did the same thing. I place them around the backyard at parties, but first i tell people please dont break the ashtrays they are valuable. You will find some broken, but the best part is when someone feses up to breaking one and they offer to pay you for a replacement. Then tell them to go to the box and grab another one.
Best idea so far!

That's a lot of fun for a 5 dollar box.

Powersauce
02-08-2007, 3:12 PM
BLM Land.any place in particular in the south bay?

Rob454
02-08-2007, 3:48 PM
BLM Land.

Yeah thats really smart. And in a couple of years we are all gonna sit here scratching our heads and wonder why the BLM and forest service closed all these areas off. Sorry man. i go hunting all the time on BLM land and I see jackasses leaving trash and crap everywhere. When i leave I usually have 2-3 bags full of trash and not just my own. i stop off at the first town find a trash dumpster and unload.
I used to go to some BEAUTIFUL places up in the Old woman mountains and some out in San Diego area and most of the areas are now gated and youre not allowed even to hike them anymore. All because people went out there and left nothign but trash.

As for the guy who bought the skeet. You can jsut return them to wal mart. you can tell them som ewere broken when you opened it. Walmart sells biodegradable skeets also. i bought them there
Rob

igorts
02-15-2007, 11:16 AM
i returned mine and got bios.

Aluisious
02-15-2007, 11:19 AM
I think I trashed the receipt :p

Time to build some clay skyscrapers on my porch to kill time.

I hate how $5 will drive me nuts for some things but not others...

jessegpresley
03-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Where's a good place to buy biodegradables here in the bay area?

bwiese
03-15-2007, 1:46 PM

...build furniture?

Spray them with orange paint and keep in a 'biodegradeable' box :)

Rumpled
03-15-2007, 2:21 PM
Anybody know what the actual difference in composition of the varying types are?
I've seen the Do Not Use Where Pigs Feed warning, not sure if I've seen a biosafe type.

Aluisious
03-15-2007, 2:23 PM
Anybody know what the actual difference in composition of the varying types are?
I've seen the Do Not Use Where Pigs Feed warning, not sure if I've seen a biosafe type.

My guess is the biosafe ones use non toxic paints.

Archenemy550
03-15-2007, 8:45 PM
Spray them with orange paint and keep in a 'biodegradeable' box :)

Im gunna have to +1 that idea :p

stator
03-16-2007, 6:51 AM
My understanding is that both are biogradable and made of organic materials. It is just that the White Flyer Bio version degrades more rapidly and is more neutral to the soil's PH balance (really impossible because one cannot predict the actual soil PH of where every clay degrades, imo).

Just shoot the non-bio ones and pickup pieces a nickel size or larger. That is what I do for both types. Picking up the clays are a great way to joke with the other shooters. You can pick up the unbroken ones and say to the others... look, I've found your targets!