View Full Version : Where to find? Taurus 38S or 945

10-05-2011, 10:08 PM
The Taurus 38S intrigues me, and I would like to handle one before making a decision to buy one. Does anyone know of any San Diego region gun store or rental range which has on hand the Taurus 38S or it's .45 caliber brother the Taurus 945?

I also saw over at the Taurus website that both the 38S and 945 are discontinued. So anyone wanting to buy a new 945 is out of luck even if they can find one since the 945 no longer appears on the DOJ handgun approval roster.

10-06-2011, 1:15 AM
I donno if this is what you are looking for, but I had a 38sII a while back, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

I bought mine because the ballistics of 38 super looked enticing and I'm really not a 1911 person. I sold it because I have largish hands and it didn't fit me as the grip was too small and I got slide bite from it couple of times.

I picked mine up from one of the vendors in the east bay, Irvington Arms maybe? They may be able to tell you who are the Taurus dealers in your area.

10-06-2011, 1:27 AM
Yeah, that's the pistol.

Actually what you have told me makes me hopeful. My fear was that the Taurus 38s is a fat gripped gun. I am a 1911 fan, because with my small hands the M-1911a1 has always fit me very well. I've never suffered from hammer bite or slide bite like some other people do. My hope is that the Taurus 38s has similar grip dimensions to that of the 1911.