PDA

View Full Version : Intrafamilial gun transfer question-Uncle to nephew?

THEhomelessONE
10-05-2011, 6:13 PM
I'm turning 20 on the 10th, live with my uncle, aunt, and mother. My parents divorced and my dad has turned his back on us blah blah. So my uncle and I are both into guns and he said he'd get me a handgun as a gift but it's only immediate family as in father-son-grandparents etc. Is there any way around this? My mom would get me one as a gift but her English isn't too strong and she would have a hard time with the HSC. Thanks!

zfields
10-05-2011, 6:18 PM
nope. immediate family only.

THEhomelessONE
10-05-2011, 6:20 PM
Lol stupid CA. I live and work with my uncle, but only see my dad once a month if that. Thanks though!

zfields
10-05-2011, 6:21 PM
Lol stupid CA. I live and work with my uncle, but only see my dad once a month if that. Thanks though!

Once a month? Hell thats not bad at all.

morrcarr67
10-05-2011, 6:21 PM
Check online and see if they have the HSC study guide in different languages. Maybe they have yours. ;)

Oceanbob
10-05-2011, 6:25 PM
Looks like you have to wait another year. Just save some $ and treat yourself to a new Handgun on your birthday.!

If your Uncle buys a handgun, he can own it and when you go to the range with him, you can shoot it. Then maybe on your 21st birthday he can do a PPT to you for a birthday gift..:D

Good luck.!
Bob

Oceanbob
10-05-2011, 6:27 PM

You and dad are on the OUTS..?...family problems...never fun. At least you know what not to do when you're a dad. :D

What kind of handgun will you choose as your first..?

Bob

THEhomelessONE
10-05-2011, 6:27 PM
Yeah it's not bad but what I meant was my uncle is much more immediate than my dad. I'll give that a try thanks!

THEhomelessONE
10-05-2011, 6:34 PM
I like the Taurus 617, 2" barrel and holds 7 rounds. Lol for my 21st birthday I'll treat myself to a 4" S&W500. I was planning to go on a trip to Alaska over the summer with a couple friends and their father and it would've been my first hunt. I have a mosin and a marlin 22 but handguns are so much more fun to me. Strongest I've shot is a 4" taurus ultralite 357 and loved the recoil. Perfect balance to me. I think I'm going to be a future recoil junkie.

weinerd
10-05-2011, 8:39 PM
what language does your mom speak/read? I think the HSC is available in spanish...

THEhomelessONE
10-05-2011, 8:44 PM
Persian haha couldn't find it. Think ill just have to wait.