PDA

View Full Version : Springfield XD-M 5.25??

HBchevelle68
10-05-2011, 4:22 PM
Im lookin for a california legal Springfield XD-M 9mm 5.25 in. Looked on gun broker and all that i saw were ones that are being sold with mag capacity that is greater than the california required 10.

Do they make a california legal XM-D 5.25 ??

Thanks all!

TWoods450
10-05-2011, 4:29 PM
Xd-m is not on the roster. As fast as I know you can only get one in a ftf ppt transaction. Check market place here.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Gryff
10-05-2011, 4:39 PM
None of the XDm models are on the approved list. Nor will they be because they don't have mag disconnect safeties. Also, there are not any factory produced 10-round mags.

If you have a dealer near you that does Single-Shot Exemptions, that is probably your best bet.

HBchevelle68
10-05-2011, 6:13 PM
darn, well that sucks, woulda loved to grab that one.

zfields
10-05-2011, 6:20 PM
Get a tactical 5" and a trigger job?

jonzer77
10-05-2011, 6:38 PM
None of the XDm models are on the approved list. Nor will they be because they don't have mag disconnect safeties. Also, there are not any factory produced 10-round mags.

If you have a dealer near you that does Single-Shot Exemptions, that is probably your best bet.

EDIT: They just came out with a xdm 5.25 in 45 and the 10 round xd45 magazines work in the xdm 45. You could get one through a single shot exemption.

cfusionpm
10-05-2011, 6:40 PM
My XDM 9mm has magazines perminantly blocked to hold 10 rounds. I'm sure a friendly FFL could do that, but I wouldn't know, I got mine used....

mlevans66
10-05-2011, 8:50 PM
Try Parallax when they open back up. They had a XDm when I went down there last.

briguy73
10-05-2011, 8:59 PM
I just picked up an XDM via ppt... ordered a few magazine kits and am going to modify them according to the instructions here: http://www.vaportrails.us/html/xdm.html

Gio
10-05-2011, 11:11 PM
SSE is your friend, I get mine from Valkyrie Arms :43:

neomedic
10-06-2011, 6:33 AM
I ordered a Bi-Tone 5.25 in 9mm this afternoon, and is on the way Table Rock Arms for conversion. If you really want one, there's no reason why you can't do the same.

How much if you don't mind my asking? And which vendor?

Thanks.

neomedic
10-06-2011, 6:34 AM
Anyone know any FFL selling blocked 10 round 9mm magazines for the xdm 5.25? I be interested in some. Thanks.

P.S. Too lazy to block them myself.

zfields
10-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Not interested in starting a huge debate regarding possession of normal capacity magazines, manufacture dates of pistols, etc., but I do not understand why everyone is preoccupied with modifying the rebuild kits that come with the pistol when they are perfectly legal to own.

Because they dont want to be felons for putting them together.

cfusionpm
10-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Not interested in starting a huge debate regarding possession of normal capacity magazines, manufacture dates of pistols, etc., but I do not understand why everyone is preoccupied with modifying the rebuild kits that come with the pistol when they are perfectly legal to own.

The XDM did not exist untill several years after the January 1, 2000 ban on 10+ round magazines and the 9mm version is not compatible with standard XD mags, so there's no way to BS your way into "pre ban" mags. I would love 19 rounds in my hands, but I would also not like a felony charge on my record. Feel free to give it a try, but have fun explaining why your 2006+ gun is using proprietary "high cap" mags that didn't exist before 2000.

RollingCode3
10-06-2011, 4:45 PM

Why? Because some of us are honest law abiding citizens. You are breaking the law by turning those rebuild kits into hi cap mag (guns that didn't exist before the ban). By breaking the law, they are not "perfectly legal to own"

Unrelated to myself, but while LE may deduce that someone assembled a standard-capacity magazine, you need far more than an assumption, no matter how plausible the assumption is, to convict someone of a crime in California, nor is possession a crime. Unless someone intends to volunteer the fact that they assembled a standard-capacity magazine, proving otherwise is virtually impossible, and despite what some think, the burden of proof belongs to LE, not the individual in question.

The law you referenced is poorly written, and does not prohibit ownership or use of said magazines.

Probably not the greatest topic for debate or discussion, so I digress.

You do realize that you break the law by turning those rebuild kits that come with the Springfield XDM into regular hi cap mags right?

12020 (a)(2) Commencing January 1, 2000, manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity magazine.

Foriegn power
10-06-2011, 4:47 PM
Just settle and compromise for the original Glock 34 or Glock 35.

RollingCode3
10-06-2011, 4:58 PM
Just settle and compromise for the original Glock 34 or Glock 35.

still waiting for the glock 34gen4. It takes a while for my dealer to get them in. :(

tvfreakarms
10-06-2011, 5:27 PM
Yea i thought about getting one. But be prepared to drop 1k+ for bitone. Seems to be way over priced.

CZlover
10-06-2011, 7:50 PM
Yea i thought about getting one. But be prepared to drop 1k+ for bitone. Seems to be way over priced.

I'd just get a Glock 17L. These once in a while come up here used, but in good cond., from $500 to $700. Barrel length is 6.3'' :D

railroader
10-07-2011, 5:11 AM
I know its not the xdm but dawson precision sells the tactical xd 9mm with their competion sights and a lighter trigger for $499. I don't know about the hicap mags it comes with or if the lighter trigger that it comes with will makes it off roster. That would be a nice gun even with just the sights installed. http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000AC6-1261005755 Mark

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/images/534-002.jpg

the big ravioli
10-07-2011, 5:14 AM
Get a tactical 5" and a trigger job?

^^THIS^^

zfields
10-07-2011, 5:39 AM
First and foremost, are you having some sort of identity crisis? In some threads, you proclaim to be LEO, and in other threads, you attempt to pass yourself off as an average citizen, no different than you are now.

Assuming that you are in fact a LEO, you certainly are privy to the fact that unless someone volunteers that they actually imported the magazine or assembled a rebuild kit, there is absolutely nothing within the penal code that could bring forth a charge, regardless of the pistols manufacture date. In short, there is nothing you can do about it.

Second, coincidentally, anytime the topic of standard-capacity magazines comes up, you seem to be the first person finger-pointing, and making unfounded allegations that lack any factual merit.

You can try to add stipulations to the law, twist the law, contort the law, and interprit the law to suit your personal views and agenda, but the fact remains that there is nothing within the law that prohibits ownership and possession of standard-capacity magazines, nor is any Californian required to divulge how they came to possess or acquired the magazine.

Pound sand, Cop.

A cop is still a citizen, and no reason to be hostile. He also did not contort the law at all, he stated what the law is.

626Tony
10-07-2011, 5:58 AM
they come up pretty frequently in the marketplace

cwin
10-07-2011, 8:48 AM
Yes, XDm is an off roster firearm for California. To reiterate a little of what's already been said, you can definitely get one via single shot exemption. I just purchased a 3.8 XDm from Parallax Tactical (in SD) via SSE. Joe from Parallax already has a 9mm barrel built and ready to go for the XDm. I paid $650 for mine. He ordered it, and it took about 5 days for him to get it in. If you want one in a different caliber from him, he'll have to build a barrel for it which may increase cost. Let us know if you get one and post some pics!

tvfreakarms
10-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Well it's a lot cheaper then what i've been quoted.

Yes, XDm is an off roster firearm for California. To reiterate a little of what's already been said, you can definitely get one via single shot exemption. I just purchased a 3.8 XDm from Parallax Tactical (in SD) via SSE. Joe from Parallax already has a 9mm barrel built and ready to go for the XDm. I paid $650 for mine. He ordered it, and it took about 5 days for him to get it in. If you want one in a different caliber from him, he'll have to build a barrel for it which may increase cost. Let us know if you get one and post some pics!

cfusionpm
10-07-2011, 1:06 PM
Actually, hostile is accusing me of commiting a crime, and using a poorly written law to do so is contorting that law.

If one has a 11+ round mag for a gun that did not exist before the ban, how did one get it in California? It would had to have been manufactured, imported, or bought, which are felonies in California. Unless of course you just happened to find one on the ground one day, which isn't covered by law.

I know I never said that that it's illegal to own or use 11+ mags, but if one wants to risk dealing with that legal problem from some cop or DA who wants to push the issue of how you got it, then by all means. One would have to either lie or claim the 5th in a court of law. I would rather just not be hastled in the first place.

classical_buff
10-07-2011, 1:54 PM
The XDM did not exist untill several years after the January 1, 2000 ban on 10+ round magazines and the 9mm version is not compatible with standard XD mags, so there's no way to BS your way into "pre ban" mags. I would love 19 rounds in my hands, but I would also not like a felony charge on my record. Feel free to give it a try, but have fun explaining why your 2006+ gun is using proprietary "high cap" mags that didn't exist before 2000.

I could be mistaken but I remember when XD first came out, I used Taurus PT92 magazines and modified (cut hole for different mag release) Beretta 92 magazines. Again, this was long time ago and I only had standard XD pistol and not XDM pistol.

zfields
10-07-2011, 1:55 PM
XDM mags are pretty different.

cfusionpm
10-07-2011, 3:25 PM
XD45 and XDM45 mags are interchangable. XD9 and XDM9 mags are not. I don't know about XD40/XDM40, but I believe they are also not.

tvfreakarms
10-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Is there a reason why the 9mm isn't interchangeable with the xd to xdm?

QUOTE=cfusionpm;7282467]XD45 and XDM45 mags are interchangable. XD9 and XDM9 mags are not. I don't know about XD40/XDM40, but I believe they are also not.[/QUOTE]

zfields
10-11-2011, 8:49 AM
Is there a reason why the 9mm isn't interchangeable with the xd to xdm?

QUOTE=cfusionpm;7282467]XD45 and XDM45 mags are interchangable. XD9 and XDM9 mags are not. I don't know about XD40/XDM40, but I believe they are also not.[/QUOTE]

dimensions of the mag.