PDA

View Full Version : New MODULAR, fully CNC machined pistol from Detonics

melensdad
10-05-2011, 3:18 PM
Not sure if California will approve this but here is a blast from the past, Detonics appears to be back and their opening shot back into the industry with an all new gun looks amazing!

I am the first person outside of the industry to actually see it or report on it so this really is an exclusive.

Detonics Defense, makers of the little Detonics Combat Master pistols, is on the verge (read that as next couple of weeks) of introducing a fully CNC machined 1911 pistol (that is another industry first for Detonics). The frame will be a modular ~ switch grip ~ type frame that will allow you to change from a wide body double stack magazine to a thin profile compact 1911 pistol (another 1911 first for Detonics).

I can say the gun is very close to production release, production will very limited, roughly 2 to 3 dozen guns a week. These will be full CNC guns that will be hand fitted. Don't expect bargain prices, Detonics has always been geared toward being a professional defensive weapon and the prices have been reflective of that over the years. If you are in the market for a premium grade 1911, and can hold out for a little while, this may be your gun.

I have been told I can only release a limited amount of information about this gun. So what I posted is what you get. But if anyone else has gotten information please fill me in with what you may have heard.

Here is an iPhone snap of the new modular frames.

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/12929590/sn/1529560392/name/1.jpg

The 5" guns will NOT be available for civilian purchase for quite some time, those are going to the D.o.D. guys and other secret squirrel types. The CombatMaster size guns will be available very soon.

Take a very close look at the frames, those are modular and can be swapped for either single or double stack magazines.

If I understand it correctly the compact version is going to be about $1500 for the MSRP. That is very competitive for a high grade gun, far below the semi-custom brands.

The finger relief below the trigger guard will be a very welcome addition to ergonomics, giving a better purchase on the gun and raising the web of your hand up closer to the bore axis.

The grip actually comes off and can be swapped for a different size. The frame is actually the part that contains the rails.

This is a photo of a photo from a preliminary brochure they shared with me. Unfortunately I am not allowed to share the contents of the brochure since it is not a final version.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/melensdad/guns/Screenshot2011-10-03at84251PM.png

Scratch705
10-05-2011, 3:31 PM
hopefully they allow grip panels to be added.

Bug Splat
10-05-2011, 3:35 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOh :O

I like it! Is it machined out of aluminum?

melensdad
10-05-2011, 3:46 PM

It is machined out of steel but I'm also under the impression that, because of the precision of the CNC machines, it is slightly thinner than the normal cast 1911 frames.

What I can say is that I currently own a Limited Edition CombatMaster that uses the same CNC bar stock slide and the same hammer. While the frame on my L.E. CombatMaster is a traditional 1911 frame, the upper half is what we will see on the new gun. I've been studying my LE CombatMaster's hammer and slide and come away with some observations.

BELOW are pictures of my current production LE CombatMaster, NOT the new modular gun from above but these photos will give you more detailed views of the hammer.

Take a very close look at the hammer in the photos. You may not be able to see it in the pictures but its more interesting that you might think based on first glance.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/melensdad/guns/18-1.jpg

The serrations in the hammer are tapered on the side, which you may be able to see in the photos??? That means that they don't dig into your shirt or your skin. They are square cut serrations, which you can clearly see and they are very grippy against your thumb, there is no slipping. But even more interesting is that the "bottom" and "top" serrations are taller than the next two serrations as you move toward the center. The center serration is the lowest. So its sort of like a bowl. These serration heights are not really apparent when you look at it casually, but your thumb actually fits into it rather than resting across a straight plane with cuts in it. Not sure I'm really describing it well, but its actually a very impressive piece of design work that is functional. Again, you really don't see it, but if you carefully look at it you realize someone put a heck of a lot of thought into the serrations on that little odd shaped hammer.

Here is another view of the hammer, not previously posted, this may give a slightly better view of that to which I refer:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/melensdad/guns/17-1.jpg

The slide serrations are also interesting. Not just visually, but again functionally. While they look like wide angled cuts they are very grippy cuts. I've tried many guns with serrations that are cut so close together that they actually are not as grippy as the serration cuts on the slide of my Limited Edition slide. Think of it like checkering on a front strap. If it is "too fine" then you almost don't feel it. But if the checkering is in the 20lpi range you can really hang onto the gun because you really feel those serrations as they grip your hand. That is the way these new wide spaced angled serrations on the slide seem to work. Because they are spaced out a bit, and because of the angle at which they are cut, you get a very good grip on the side of the slide.

My initial impressions of the Limited Edition gun were that it was a 'stylish' gun.

My further impressions are that it is a well designed, highly engineered gun.

Now if they took that much time refining the little details in just the slide and the hammer, I have to think that the upcoming modular gun is going to be even more well thought out. Honestly one of the things that concerns me about the new all metal grip on the modular gun is that the grip may be slippery? Especially if it gets wet with rain, or, heaven forbid, you own blood. Hopefully the grip design will prevent that. But since I've not had the opportunity to try it I can't speak to it either way. I'm lucky to have gotten some information that I've shared, but I'm just a customer/collector no different than anyone else here. I'll get my new all CNC machined gun no sooner than anyone else, it will arrive AFTER the public release and then only after I pay the same full price as anyone else. Yes, I'm going to buy one as soon as possible!!! And I'm hoping that it is as highly engineered as it appears, but I'm also hoping they thought about some of these factors that we all are questioning.

morrcarr67
10-05-2011, 3:56 PM
Interesting.

Unless they put in a LCI and MDS in it this gun will only be on the SSE list

armygunsmith
10-05-2011, 4:01 PM

Yep, I agree!

melensdad
10-05-2011, 4:14 PM
Here is a better photo of the slide serrations. Remember this photo is of my current production Limited Edition CombatMaster, it uses the same slide as is used on the upcoming modular gun so it is sort of a prelude to what we will see when the new gun is introduced.

I discussed the slide serrations in my previous post but below are some additional thoughts.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/melensdad/guns/14-3.jpg

Traditional serrations are vertical with minimal spacing and depth. Some serrations are so close together they serve no functional purpose beyond cosmetic. On the new slide they cut a crescent moon shape to capture your finger pads as they rack the slide. But to enhance the gripping of the pads, they cut the serrations on an angle that allows the pads of your fingers to seat themselves for maximum gripping. Using a micrometer, I measured 30 thousands deep from the beginning of the serration to its deepest point. The serrations are cut at a forward canting angle AND cut into the slide at an angle. While the slide doesn't look like it would offer a firm gripping surface I can assure you it has a very secure gripping texture.

mag360
10-05-2011, 4:22 PM
i'd love me a 14+1 .45 !

NSR500
10-06-2011, 7:42 AM
Interesting...

What mags will it run in double stack mode?

DannyInSoCal
10-06-2011, 8:00 AM
Interesting - Would be kool to see in multiple calibers too....

starsnuffer
10-06-2011, 8:13 AM
They should make a modular CnCd glock. Just because.

-W

esartori
10-06-2011, 8:41 AM
Those are awesome looking! I can't wait to see the reviews when they come out.

ocmsrzr
10-06-2011, 8:53 AM
I'd like to reserve two...under the name John Thomas Rourke.

arc
10-06-2011, 8:55 AM
What's the point of making something modular and then not releasing all the parts for "quite some time"? Isn't that just a recipe for pissing off your customers who want to use the modularity?

Or am I missing something here? Will you not be able to exchange the short and long barrels/slides between frames? Is it just changing out the single or double stack grips?

It is certainly pretty looking though.

-James

melensdad
10-06-2011, 8:56 AM
Interesting...

What mags will it run in double stack mode?I presume it will have a proprietary double stack magazine. I honestly don't know. STI mags are pretty commonly used, but then so are ParaUSA mags, so far as I know they are not compatible with each other.

Interesting - Would be kool to see in multiple calibers too....That is my hope too. I've got original Washington built Detonics pistols in 9mm, 38 Super, 45acp and 451 Det Magnum. I'd love to see this gun offered, at very least, in 38 Super. If the ergonomics are as good as Detonics is claiming this would be a natural gun for IDPA and other competitions, but only if other calibers are eventually offered.

Those are awesome looking! I can't wait to see the reviews when they come out.I'm planning to put one on order the day they start accepting orders ... but I suspect that some of the major gun writers may have advanced copies for evaluation? I'd love to hear a Michael Bane review of this gun.

melensdad
10-06-2011, 9:00 AM
...Or am I missing something here? Will you not be able to exchange the short and long barrels/slides between frames? Is it just changing out the single or double stack grips?
They only seem to have limited production capabilities. They appear to have identified 2 different markets that they will initially try to fill, then, if I understand it correctly, they will begin to offer the 5" guns to the general civilian population. But looking at their website, they already offer the short slide "kit" for sale, my guess is they will eventually add the 5" slide "kit" as an option as well. The kit includes the whole upper half of the gun. I'm sure the switch kits for the frames to swap between single and double stack, short and full size grip frames will also be available at some point in the reasonable future, don't know exactly when, I honestly didn't ask!

MrExel17
10-06-2011, 9:30 AM
Thanks for sharing, looking forward to see it!

unusedusername
10-06-2011, 3:13 PM
What's the point of making something modular and then not releasing all the parts for "quite some time"? Isn't that just a recipe for pissing off your customers who want to use the modularity?

Also, see Sig P250, where they did the same thing.

I hear they are blowing out the 250 kits now below cost because nobody wants them.

Munk
10-06-2011, 3:35 PM
I think I just found one of my future purchases... knowing my luck, they'll be 3000 by the time i'm in a position to buy one.

InGrAM
10-06-2011, 3:41 PM
OMG!!! Detonics!!!!!! This is pretty cool.

melensdad
10-06-2011, 3:58 PM
Also, see Sig P250, where they did the same thing...

Just my personal opinion, but I think there are some big differences that show this is not the 'same thing' as the Sig P250.

First this is a 1911 and that makes it one of the most common pistols for competitors to use in a couple shooting sports. Second, just looking at the IDPA rules, this gun could be used as a carry gun with the compact configuration and then simply reconfigured into a high capacity IDPA production class gun very easily and used successfully in a match. No question that the Sig could also be used, but its not a gun I've ever seen on the line at a match. Single stack 1911s are very common. Double stack 1911s are very common. This gun can be both/either the same night.

Being a 1911, it also has some serious backing in the law enforcement and military circles. Elite groups favor the 1911 design, a viable double stack would be highly desirable.

Honestly I think many people who end up with this gun, if they have multiple uses for it, will likely buy another complete gun in a different configuration. That is what I do for AR15s and those are really just legos for adults. But there are anywhere from 8 to 12 different AR15s in my gun safes at any given time, yet I could probably get buy with 2 or 3 lowers and a then just get 2 to 4 uppers for each.

I'm going to put one of the compact Detonics on order as soon as they will accept orders. Not everyone will like this gun. Not sure if I will like this gun. But I do like the innovation and the fact that these folks are thinking outside of the box.

dfletcher
10-06-2011, 4:06 PM
I bought my first Detonics MkI in '78 or '79, carried it often back home and still have it today - old enough that the barrel is a sleeved Colt NM marked type. I have a "still in box" MkVI and would buy another "old Detonics" in a heartbeat. So having said that, I don't like these unless they get rid of the squared trigger and the rail. And only if there's some sort of "new MkI" type offered preferably with an alloy frame and keeping the same short butt.

I guess they gave up on the forward mounted rear sight too .... :(

melensdad
10-07-2011, 6:09 AM
I got an email from an acquaintance inside the factory, the modular guns will be shipping sometime during the week starting Monday Oct 24. Not sure when the website will be updated to begin accepting orders from end users like us. I suspect there are some selected dealers or perhaps wholesalers who have already placed orders and the initial production may be going to them with website orders being filtered into the shipping schedule as the the orders arrive?

I bought my first Detonics MkI in '78 or '79, carried it often back home and still have it today - old enough that the barrel is a sleeved Colt NM marked type. I have a "still in box" MkVI and would buy another "old Detonics" in a heartbeat. So having said that, I don't like these unless they get rid of the squared trigger and the rail. And only if there's some sort of "new MkI" type offered preferably with an alloy frame and keeping the same short butt.

I guess they gave up on the forward mounted rear sight too .... :(
I have to admit that I totally agree with MOST of what you said. I own many dozens of the original Washington era guns in each of the different finishes, in all 4 of the calibers (9mm, 38Super, 45acp & 451 Det Magnum). And I love all those guns for the fact that Sid Woodcock totally reinvented the 1911. Let's be honest, lots of people in the mid-70s probably looked at all the changes made to the 1911 and were horrified by the scalloped rear slide, the coned barrel, the elimination of the grip safety, the bobbing of the grip . . . to name just the obvious.

What Sid did, in my mind, was take a fundamentally sound classic design and modernized it to make it the first practical state of the art production compact 1911 pistol.

Today we see Bruce Siddle and his team doing much the same thing with innovation. Now I understand some won't like it, and it certainly is not in line with the nostalgic memory of the "Detonics" brand. But it is a revolutionary change to the 1911.

I love my traditional Detonics pistols, I even carry one on a daily basis (I now live in Indiana). That said, I'm looking forward to buying a new Illinois pistol of this all modern design.

WWDHD?
10-07-2011, 11:50 AM
I can't believe someone beat me to the Dr. John Rourke (aka "The Survivalist") reference.

Cool gun. Look forward to reading a review when it comes out.

Inquirer
10-08-2011, 8:05 AM
Not sure if California will approve this but here is a blast from the past, Detonics appears to be back and their opening shot back into the industry with an all new gun looks amazing!

This is friggin' awesome, thanks for sharing. Gunfighters of the Future - Arm Yourselves! Seriously, Han Solo would carry one of these things. Only question is would he single or double stack?

--Inq

melensdad
10-09-2011, 2:15 PM
...Han Solo would carry one of these things. Only question is would he single or double stack?

--Inq
Ahh, he would carry both! Being a switch grip gun, he can carry single stack during the day as his CCW gun but then switch to a higher capacity double stack in the evening for IDPA competiton :D

thmpr
10-09-2011, 2:35 PM
can't wait...!

billybob_jcv
10-09-2011, 3:49 PM
Ahh, he would carry both! Being a switch grip gun, he can carry single stack during the day as his CCW gun but then switch to a higher capacity double stack in the evening for IDPA competiton :D

In Hans Solo's future, open carry is the norm - so we'll all be using the double stacks...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HanSolo.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HanSolo.jpg

CalNRA
10-09-2011, 4:00 PM

Or am I missing something here? Will you not be able to exchange the short and long barrels/slides between frames? Is it just changing out the single or double stack grips?

Great questions. I am wondering that too.

-KneeDeep-
10-09-2011, 4:16 PM
:punk:

Haplo
10-09-2011, 5:05 PM
I wonder if the price of a frame will be low enough that it makes sense to buy that instead of another gun. I like the concept, but if I had a carry gun, I would have an entirely separate gun for things like competition.

Ubermcoupe
10-09-2011, 5:26 PM
Looks good. I am interested. :thumbsup:

melensdad
10-09-2011, 6:04 PM
I wonder if the price of a frame will be low enough that it makes sense to buy that instead of another gun. I like the concept, but if I had a carry gun, I would have an entirely separate gun for things like competition.

I have no idea on the frame price.

The price on their website for a complete slide kit (with barrel, link, sights, recoil assembly, firing pin, etc) is $450. http://www.detonicsdefense.com/#!store/productsstackergallery1=43

The price for the whole gun is supposed to be in the $1500 range. But the new gun is still not on the website (may show up there next weekend)?

But for an IDPA gun I'd actually like to use the SAME trigger that I use on my carry gun rather than a different one. My carry gun is the gun I shoot the most, having the exact same take up, break and reset seems like it would be a major advantage. Having one that is similar but not the same seems like it would be a disadvantage.

thmpr
10-09-2011, 6:22 PM
A group buy would be a great start for a new product release...:)

doc540
10-09-2011, 6:27 PM
Old School Detonics Pron

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/doc540/Guns/detonics1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/doc540/Guns/detonics2.jpg

sadly...not mine:(

(And don't think I didn't try to buy it, but the owner just chuckled.)

supersonic
10-09-2011, 6:33 PM

Actually, Detonics has been back making their famous 1911's since 2004 with the Combat Master & Nemesis, along with another innovative design called the NTX, I believe. This new modular design is very interesting, however. Thanks for sharing!!

doc540
10-09-2011, 6:43 PM
Thanks for the info, OP.

I went to their site, and they direct me to "The Gun Source.com" to purchase a Combat Master.

I couldn't find it on that site.

Where to buy one?

modls7
10-09-2011, 6:47 PM
Aren't modular frames/grips already patented by STI/SVI? How are they getting away with not infringing their design?

melensdad
10-10-2011, 3:48 AM
Actually, Detonics has been back making their famous 1911's since 2004 with the Combat Master & Nemesis, along with another innovative design called the NTX, I believe. This new modular design is very interesting, however. Thanks for sharing!!All of the frames that I've seen shipped, or heard of shipped, or heard of assembled into guns have been Georgia frames. If the Illinois company has actually been producing production frames and shipping those as an assembled gun with IL frame stamps then its a very very good secret that has been kept away from the Detonics collectors community.

Aren't modular frames/grips already patented by STI/SVI? How are they getting away with not infringing their design?Not even close.

Detonics has switchable grips allowing end users to make the gun a compact or a full size, single stack or double stack. STI/SVI does not do any of that.

I went to their site, and they direct me to "The Gun Source.com" to purchase a Combat Master.

I couldn't find it on that site.

Where to buy one?The Limited Edition gun may be sold out? The new modular gun is not yet available. It is supposed to be shipping (roughly) the week of Oct 24 and has not yet been announced on the factory website. I ordered my Limited Edition gun from www.thegunsource.com

CrazyPhuD
10-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Aren't modular frames/grips already patented by STI/SVI? How are they getting away with not infringing their design?

http://www.google.com/patents?vid=D347256

Assuming this is the patent you refer to, generally patents are only good for 17 years. This patent was issued on may 24th 1994, which would mean that it expired this year.

CrazyPhuD
10-10-2011, 11:43 AM
http://www.google.com/patents?vid=D347256

Assuming this is the patent you refer to, generally patents are only good for 17 years. This patent was issued on may 24th 1994, which would mean that it expired this year.

Actually this is probably the modular patent but again it was issued mar 15, 1994 which should make it expired.

http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=tM8bAAAAEBAJ

melensdad
10-10-2011, 7:05 PM
This week will be interesting for Detonics. According to my source, the final assembly, test fire and packaging for shipment of the new modular guns is scheduled to begin. If all goes as planned, guns will begin to ship out sometime during next week (week of Oct 24).

I'm waiting to see if the new guns are officially "announced" on the Detonics website later this week, or if they will wait to announce the guns after they get them boxed up and into the distribution stream. With the exception of Ruger, seems like most companies officially announce a new product months before it is in actual production. Not sure what Detonics is planning to do, but I am guessing the new modular gun being announced this coming weekend. . . but I'm not going to wager any money on that. Its a just a guess, not a $$$ bet.

JTROKS
10-10-2011, 7:28 PM
I'm hoping the mags are the same dimension as STI's.

JoeinLA
10-10-2011, 7:51 PM
Whos going to SSE this...

modls7
10-10-2011, 7:58 PM
Whos going to SSE this...

I might.. depending on how much mags cost. If they are anywhere near STI mags forget about it.

Killawhale415
10-10-2011, 7:59 PM
Oof I think I need to change me skivvies

CrazyPhuD
10-10-2011, 8:03 PM
I'm hoping the mags are the same dimension as STI's.

Given the grip is modular, in theory I suspect they could make a grip for any mag style, or if not them, then anyone else could if there was demand for it.

doc540
10-11-2011, 5:40 AM
Where to buy that Combat Master?

I like the looks of that.

I'm trying out several compact 1911's: Colt Commander, Colt Officers, Springfield Micro, and the RIA tactical compact.

melensdad
10-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Where to buy that Combat Master?

Are you asking about the LIMITED EDITION CombatMaster, which I used to show the hammer/slide details? If so, I think it may be sold out. It was available from www.TheGunSource.com but I don't see it available there today.

If you are asking about the new CNC/Modular CombatMaster, I'm not sure how they will market that gun when it is released. It may go through multiple channels like stocking dealers AND internet distributors like www.TheGunSource.com but we will all have to wait to find that out unless someone can chip in with some additional information.

melensdad
10-11-2011, 5:44 PM
For those concerned about the grip size, here is some information and comparison that I can release. The new Detonics pistols is designated the MTX, the traditional Detonics is designated the CM.

You can see the new gun's grip is actually going to be similar to, or smaller, in most ways that the Glock 26, a traditional 1911 or a Sig 250. Bear in mind we are comparing a 45acp Double-Stack with 2 popular 9mm Double Stacks and a traditional Single Stack.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/melensdad/guns/Screenshot2011-10-11at80435PM.png

Hopefully this will help clear up some things.

The grip, by the way, holds 12 rounds of 45acp and is 5/8" longer than the original CombatMaster grip. That makes this grip just about "Officer" size instead of the shortened CombatMaster size which left your little finger grasping for air.

doc540
10-11-2011, 6:40 PM
Are you asking about the LIMITED EDITION CombatMaster, which I used to show the hammer/slide details? If so, I think it may be sold out. It was available from www.TheGunSource.com but I don't see it available there today.

I'm asking about the Combat Master HT on the Detonics site.

Might make a good carry piece instead of an Officers or a Springfield Loaded Micro.

thnx

cntrolsguy
10-11-2011, 6:42 PM
WOWOW!!! That's a sweet looking pistola!!!

melensdad
10-13-2011, 9:00 AM
Looks like Detonics is on track to ship during the week of October 24.

bug_eyedmonster
10-13-2011, 12:03 PM
ohhh man, I'm so glad there is another company stepping up to compete with SV and STI. I can't wait!!!!!

melensdad
10-13-2011, 1:08 PM
ohhh man, I'm so glad there is another company stepping up to compete with SV and STI. I can't wait!!!!!

Looking at the specs it doesn't seem like there is actually any competition, it looks like a wipe-out. The double stack STI grip has a grip circumference of 5.8 inches, the new Detonics has a grip circumference of 5.34, roughly a 1/2 less. Combine that with the finger relief under the trigger guard and the web of hand relieve under the beavertail and the Detonics is going to be much easier to control under recoil because not only will you have a higher grip to the bore axis, but it will be easier to get your hand around that grip.

The ONLY real problem I see is that Detonics is delaying the public release of the full size gun so competitors will still be waiting.

agent.5
10-13-2011, 3:25 PM
what does fully CNC mean? I assume that the slide and frame are CNCed. But can we assume that internals are CNC as well?

melensdad
10-13-2011, 5:40 PM
what does fully CNC mean? I assume that the slide and frame are CNCed.
This gun is fully made out of bar stock that is CNC'd into shape. This includes most of the small parts. The slide and frame are made by putting a solid chunk of steel into a 9-axis CNC milling machine. 99% of all frames are simply cast metal, then the rails are milled on a jig. Some companies mill their slides but many are simple castings with rails milled.

By using the 9-axis machine they have the ability to control the thickness of the metal through compound curves and that gives them the ability to make the first really contoured steel 1911 frame. It also allows them to make the frame much more ergonomically friendly (see the grip measurement comparisons I posted).

doc540
10-14-2011, 5:44 AM
Can you direct me to a Combat Master HT that's available for sale?

melensdad
10-14-2011, 2:51 PM
Can you direct me to a Combat Master HT that's available for sale?

I wish I could.

melensdad
10-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Looks like the LIMITED EDITION COMBAT MASTER is back in stock.

Direct link => http://www.thegunsource.com/item.aspx?pid=173733&Task=Click&ZoneID=3&CampaignID=51&AdvertiserID=1&BannerID=495&SiteID=4&RandomNumber=264352846&Keywords=&CustomURL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.thegunsource.com

Apec
10-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Damn, that's a good price considering what MIMbers and other manufacturer's subcompact 1911's go for.

I'd go for it if I wasn't already in the middle of the 10 day for my USP.

p1choco
10-16-2011, 1:16 PM
This gun does look interesting and all. Ergos and modularity look appealing but the slide serrations and hammer are definitely not a selling point to me. And the notion that the 5" models will only be sold to D.o.D and secret squirrel types before they will reach the public makes me laugh. It's just a gun.

melensdad
10-16-2011, 1:36 PM
. . . And the notion that the 5" models will only be sold to D.o.D and secret squirrel types before they will reach the public makes me laugh. It's just a gun.Yes, just a gun, but they have to fulfill all their PRE-orders for those guns.

When I got confirmation regarding my order for my compact gun it was told to me that the 5" guns will probably be available to the public in late December or January. Not so long a wait for the full size guns. My gun is supposed to be shipping from the factory on Friday.

Uxi
10-17-2011, 8:32 AM
I'd be interesed in the 5" model.