PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Airsoft Store...

mif_slim
10-05-2011, 1:18 PM
I thought a lot of Real Gunshops were full of FUD or annoying customer services or bad and rude employees but GOSH DAYEMM!

So, I havent gone to a airsoft store in ages (actually this would be my second time). This airsoft place is horrible!! haha, I walked in to check out some stuff for my youth group since they want to get into firearms but never touched it before, so, airsoft might be safer for them for now. I walk into the store and two guys behind the counter stares at me as if Im not suppose to be in their shop. One guy throws his sandwich down like he's gonna pick a fight with me or something and gives me a dead stare...I did not feel comfortable. Anyways, I look around and ask if I can see some parts. The guy just tells me the price and doesnt even make the effort to show me. He ignores me and that was it... I left the shop.

DANG! com'on!!??!! Are you serious?! Its not even real guns!!!! They act as if their going to have to do a PPT in their shop or something!! Com'on guys! relax a little! Airsoft is for leisure, not Home Defense.
/rant.

lol!

DasBoost
10-05-2011, 1:25 PM
What about air/pellet gun? Sure they can't shoot each other with plastic BBs, but teach them the basics of marksmanship. Big5 or any sporting goods store carries them, plus there's online retailers as well.

Stormtrooperthunder
10-05-2011, 1:29 PM
Name of the store?

zman
10-05-2011, 1:31 PM
DANG! com'on!!??!! Are you serious?! Its not even real guns!!!! They act as if their going to have to do a PPT in their shop or something!!

lmao :D

jamesob
10-05-2011, 2:32 PM
go back and ask them if there is another store that sells airsoft with a better attitude.

bohoki
10-05-2011, 2:34 PM
this job would be great if it weren't for all these damn customers

DirtFarmer916
10-05-2011, 3:01 PM
So you just walk out without saying anything.... :/

And you wonder why they give you no respect.

mif_slim
10-05-2011, 3:09 PM
Nope. Was I suppose to say something?

Scratch705
10-05-2011, 3:36 PM
what store? and btw, check online for airsoft stores. one local to me is actually a big one online, airsoftgi.com

john.t.singh
10-05-2011, 3:40 PM
lot of those stores have workers that are only in it so they can supply their own hobbies, they could care little bout making $$ as they are just employees...

i've been to a few in SD that treated a few of my buddies the same way.

stitch_paradox
10-05-2011, 4:11 PM
So you just walk out without saying anything.... :/

And you wonder why they give you no respect.

He got dissed that why he walked out. Give no respect, get no respect.

Never Convicted
10-05-2011, 4:33 PM
did I miss it ? what was the name of the shop ?

mif_slim
10-05-2011, 4:52 PM
^ a small shop. I don't know what it's called but it's in inside another store. Hobby something...

Carsgunsandchics
10-05-2011, 4:52 PM
He got dissed that why he walked out. Give no respect, get no respect.

I guess being "dissed" for walking in is all his fault. I would also guess we shouldn't go into any store now for fear of this huh...you know having people show you what you want to buy to keep them in business.:facepalm:

ir0nclash86
10-05-2011, 5:30 PM
Hobby Tron?

Scratch705
10-05-2011, 5:42 PM
^ a small shop. I don't know what it's called but it's in inside another store. Hobby something...

store inside another store? are you sure it just wasn't part of the same store?

try going to a real airsoft store then not a "store inside a store"

mif_slim
10-05-2011, 6:00 PM
^ haha, maybe your right. But shouldn't smaller stores want to be more personnel so they'll get better business??

Anyways, before anyone gets offended, i want to make it clear that I'm not telling anyone to not go to such stores, I just thought it was funny how that shop treated me like a real firearm shop. :D

SDM44
10-05-2011, 6:11 PM
So the OP walked into a store, see's the employees there looking at him, gets disrespected, and then walks out in disgust?

I was seriously waiting to read about some serious FUD that came out of their mouths or what not. But just because you didn't ask for anything or you expected them to be extra courteous to you, you feel that they were bad & rude?

I don't know why some consumers expect to be treated like a VIP when they walk into a store or dealership, or any type of place that sells things. And I don't know why people think employees are rude just because they don't say anything to you.

PyroFox79
10-05-2011, 6:38 PM
The one dedicated airsoft store here in SD is a lot like this. They are very elitist. So its funny that my friends Paintball and airsoft shop has a better reputation for airsoft than this other store. It seems to bee a trend with airsoft shops, i guess their fake guns make them special.

dieselpower
10-05-2011, 7:04 PM
I had the same experience at a store in a store in ventura... lets call it "warfield quests"... I guess they don't get too many 50 year olds asking questions about paintball and airsoft, because I asked real hard questions like, "whats the velocity on that one over that one? And the answer was something like, "I really don't know." and then the sales guy would walk away to talk to his friend. I ended up going to Hobby world or something like that in Oxnard and got a $400 gift card for my nephew.

mif_slim
10-05-2011, 7:06 PM
But just because you didn't ask for anything or you expected them to be extra courteous to you, you feel that they were bad & rude?

You must of missed the part where I asked to see some parts??

Selective reading can create some weird conclusions. ;)

Droppin Deuces
10-05-2011, 7:20 PM
The one dedicated airsoft store here in SD is a lot like this. They are very elitist. So its funny that my friends Paintball and airsoft shop has a better reputation for airsoft than this other store. It seems to bee a trend with airsoft shops, i guess their fake guns make them special.

Was it Airsoft Extreme?

chim-chim7
10-05-2011, 7:59 PM
Guess its one of those you had to be there stories.

Spiggy
10-05-2011, 8:47 PM
Was it Airsoft Extreme?

:D If it was, there are calgunners that are going to get an earful tomorrow

Name the store. The airsoft community is small and few people know EVERYONE.

mif_slim
10-05-2011, 9:14 PM
^ haha, no, it's not airsoft extreme. My first shop i went to was Airsoft Extreme. They had great service. It's hobby something...I honestly forgot since I was just passing by and went in on a impulse.

renzoku
10-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Hobbytown USA? They're a general hobbyist shop that carries everything from miniature wargames to RC cars to model railways. Part of a decent sized chain that works as front-ends to their distribution warehouses. Their stock is a might unpredictable as they get whatever their warehouse sends them, but the real problem is that they're a chain store, which brings all the standard poor business practices along with: poor management, poor employees, poor customer service all because they're looking for the cheapest labor.

If it's a Hobbytown you went into, I'm not surprised. Had bad dealings with one out in Vacaville awhile back.

Droppin Deuces
10-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Hobbytown USA? They're a general hobbyist shop that carries everything from miniature wargames to RC cars to model railways. Part of a decent sized chain that works as front-ends to their distribution warehouses. Their stock is a might unpredictable as they get whatever their warehouse sends them, but the real problem is that they're a chain store, which brings all the standard poor business practices along with: poor management, poor employees, poor customer service all because they're looking for the cheapest labor.

If it's a Hobbytown you went into, I'm not surprised. Had bad dealings with one out in Vacaville awhile back.

That's actually the complete opposite of the Hobbytown near me(which is right next door to Turner's - score). The core employees have been there for as long as I can remember. I think it's a family owned store, and they are VERY knowledgeable.

ChaneRZ
10-05-2011, 11:16 PM
I suggest Evike or AirsoftExtreme.

PyroFox79
10-06-2011, 4:01 AM
Was it Airsoft Extreme?

Ya I couldn't recall the name at the time. This was a while ago but still the fact remains that they were dicks. Just go to Golden State Paintball and Airsoft. That's where I tell my nephews friends parents to go when they want to get their kid an Airsoft gun. They have even come back to me saying that Golden States customer service is miles a head of Airsoft extremes

a1c
10-06-2011, 7:17 AM
I don't know why some consumers expect to be treated like a VIP when they walk into a store or dealership, or any type of place that sells things. And I don't know why people think employees are rude just because they don't say anything to you.

You sir obviously ignore the concept of customer service.

It's not just online commerce that's killing brick-and-mortar stores. It's also the crappy attitude of untrained staff that is completely clueless when it comes to serving customers. They are there to SERVE you. They're not doing you a favor. They are supposed to help, or at least inquire to make sure you want to be helped. They should not be pushy, but they should at least be friendly, courteous, and helpful. If they're neither, they deserve to be ran out of business. Then they'll blame eBay and Amazon, just like some gun shops blame Bud's and big online brandnames, not realizing their problem is their attitude.

RazzB7
10-06-2011, 7:40 AM

That's pretty much exactly what I expect. I also work in a customer service position and I try to treat every customer like this. I don't really think it's too much to ask.

I expect to be greeted in a friendly manner, and I expect to be treated like I am important.

The employees who act like I am a nuisance rather than their source of income are the ones I tend to not give my business to.

vwynn
10-06-2011, 8:02 AM
^ haha, maybe your right. But shouldn't smaller stores want to be more personnel so they'll get better business??

Anyways, before anyone gets offended, i want to make it clear that I'm not telling anyone to not go to such stores, I just thought it was funny how that shop treated me like a real firearm shop. :D

no we wont go there now because you said the service was bad. also the dude throwing the sandwhich at you n fighting you was not good. :chris: jk

Just stick to AEX or Airsoft GI.