PDA

View Full Version : Would a Cupertino LTC rejection help the cause in light of the killer on the loose?

pointedstick
10-05-2011, 12:46 PM
There's a killer on the loose in Cupertino.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/10/california-workplace-shooting-suspected-gunman-was-acting-strange-day-before.html

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/c/a/2011/10/05/BAPN1LDN6C.DTL&object=%2Fc%2Fpictures%2F2011%2F10%2F05%2Fba-shooting05_0504294877.jpg

If any Cupertino residents applied for LTCs in the wake of this and used fear of the killer in their neighborhood as their good cause, would this help our case when they're inevitably denied?

taperxz
10-05-2011, 12:54 PM
No, not yet, however it is a good example of why those that want one should get one. Anything can happen at any time. Look how 50 LE have been looking for over eight hours with no success.

yellowfin
10-05-2011, 4:28 PM
Did anyone apply today? If not, do it tomorrow perhaps. Wow, I used to live in Cupertino.

sfpcservice
10-05-2011, 4:33 PM
The PIO on the news said he was armed with a handgun and an "assault rifle". After they catch the jerk I'd be curious to know what he really had.

john.t.singh
10-05-2011, 4:38 PM
read somewhere it was an ak

N_S
10-05-2011, 7:06 PM
I'm in Cupertino and I just went along with my day as normal. It's just one guy. Not exactly SHTF.
I even went down to a comic shop across from Fremont High with a buddy of mine. All the schools were on lockdown and parents were picking their kids up. On one hand kind of scary, on the other I don't think he's determined to continue doing damage. His grudge was with his workplace. Yes he shot that lady in the arm but I don't think he wants to try that again.

Flopper
10-06-2011, 4:00 PM
I'm in Cupertino and I just went along with my day as normal. It's just one guy. Not exactly SHTF.
I even went down to a comic shop across from Fremont High with a buddy of mine. All the schools were on lockdown and parents were picking their kids up. On one hand kind of scary, on the other I don't think he's determined to continue doing damage. His grudge was with his workplace. Yes he shot that lady in the arm but I don't think he wants to try that again.

Cool story bro.

Trailboss60
10-07-2011, 8:00 AM
If any Cupertino residents applied for LTCs in the wake of this and used fear of the killer in their neighborhood as their good cause, would this help our case when they're inevitably denied?

Considering the attitude of LEO's towards citizens carrying in Santa Clara county, I would be willing to bet that a citizen would be looked upon as a paranoid nutbag by the non-issuing agency if this reason was used.

Even if the gun laws were liberalized, it is doubtful that Permanente would have allowed their employees to carry, but this is the reason that I choose to carry at work, regardless of a company policy. I am breaking no laws by carrying at work, only company policy...my life is more important than a job.

"Assault weapon"....:rolleyes:

Regardless of how California legislators label something, only full auto military weapons are assault weapons, I seriously doubt this guy had any.

I'm scratching my head...CCW permits are hard to get in SC county, this guy had a domestic violence conviction, hence he is a prohibited possessor, he is a buddy of Jesse "gun grabbin" Jackson, "assault weapons" are illegal in Ca., he was a "peaceful activist" and even wrote a book about overcoming domestic violence.....

Stuff like this shouldn't happen in utopia-ville.

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/10/06/peaceful-shareef-allman-is-fugitive-cupertino-shooting-spree-suspect/