PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...

Centurion_D
02-06-2007, 9:27 PM
KTVU channel 2..another liberally controlled anti-gun station is gonna be running a :rolleyes: investigation special report on you guessed it!!! Guns. More brain washing media I won't bother watching because I know it as well as all of you out there what it's gonna boil down to. More anti gun BS..same old story..different spin. It's on tomorrow if anyone want's to watch.

Richie Rich
02-06-2007, 9:34 PM
The local NBC affiliate in San Diego was running teasers all last week about "GUNS.... On the streets in San Diego. Find out what neighborhoods have the most guns and where you are most likely to be a victim"

Followed up this week by "GUNS.... Armed kids on the streets of San Diego"...

Did not watch either of them..

Seems like the media is hammering away at the gun issue again full force.

Wonder why?

SemiAutoSam
02-06-2007, 9:36 PM
How misguided they are. You are most likely to be a victim where there are no guns in the hands of the public that live in that area. IMHO.

The local NBC affiliate in San Diego was running teasers all last week about "GUNS.... On the streets in San Diego. Find out what neighborhoods have the most guns and where you are most likely to be a victim"

Followed up this week by "GUNS.... Armed kids on the streets of San Diego"...

Did not watch either of them..

Seems like the media is hammering away at the gun issue again full force.

Wonder why?

Centurion_D
02-07-2007, 7:58 AM
Seems like the media is hammering away at the gun issue again full force. Wonder why?

I think it's all about the OLL's. You all know that the baised media has ties with local politicians..hell..liberal politicians and liberal left media go hand in hand here in the bay area. You know someone said something about OLL's to the media and now there on there witch hunt. I'll make a bet. Sooner or later they'll do one of there special news investigative reports on OLL's and what a threat they are to the public..bet!

leelaw
02-07-2007, 9:52 AM
I've been hearing radio advertisements for a program tonight.

"Stray bullets <bangbangbangbangbang> Bay Area residents are being injured and killed by stray bullets at epidemic levels.."

blah blah blah..

I love how after they build it up like 1. it's a problem, and 2. it's a problem of epidemic proportions, they state at the end "is this a growing problem?"

Well gee, bozo, what did you just say? You're not suggesting that you might be overhyping the situation. are you? Of course not, you're not there to report fact, just your opinion.

JALLEN
02-07-2007, 11:00 AM
There was a massive gun bust last week in San Diego. 13 gang banger/dopers were arrested after an undercover sting operation that had the perps buying/selling to an undercover agent. Federal and local law enforcement participated, 45 guns were removed from circulation.

A gang unit detective I have been dealing with to recover my stolen pistol was involved. Coincidentally, the arrests went down the day I picked up my pistol.

This has nothing to do with us, except it is always necessary to insure the media doesn't get away with the usual and customary lying about these matters, or mere incompetence which appears to be rampent.

thedrickel
02-07-2007, 5:12 PM
I think it's all about the OLL's. You all know that the baised media has ties with local politicians..hell..liberal politicians and liberal left media go hand in hand here in the bay area. You know someone said something about OLL's to the media and now there on there witch hunt. I'll make a bet. Sooner or later they'll do one of there special news investigative reports on OLL's and what a threat they are to the public..bet!

I'll take that bet. I don't think they'll report on the OLL situation as they don't want to alarm the general public that AK and AR style rifles are totally legal. Better to let sleeping dogs lie.

SemiAutoSam
02-07-2007, 5:20 PM
I agree they wont want to tell the average Joe gun owner about OLL's as that would spread BRD and they don't want more guns of what they see as Assault Weapons in the state. I would say this subject of OLL's on the nightly news is strictly taboo.

I say what they see as assault weapons as they don't have the brain to understand the law as it was written and understand the fixed mag or no evil features features.

I'll take that bet. I don't think they'll report on the OLL situation as they don't want to alarm the general public that AK and AR style rifles are totally legal. Better to let sleeping dogs lie.

dwtt
02-07-2007, 7:58 PM
This is just the start of another campaign by the Brady Bunch, now that the Democrats control Congress. First the media stirs up the hysteria, then the politicians introduce new bills to "solve" the problem. We've seen this before, so look at the pattern of media stories instead of concentrating on the individual shows.