PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding LCP PPT

XDRoX
10-05-2011, 7:50 AM
So my buddy who is LEO just DROS'd an LCP. It's still during his 10 day wait right now and he's decided he doesn't want it anymore and asked me if I wanted to buy it. He's willing to sell it for the $300 that he paid plus tax and dros.

Will I have any problems trying to PPT a gun that's off the roster, or do most gun stores know it's OK?

Assuming it is OK, right?

redcliff
10-05-2011, 8:40 AM
No problem at all for you to receive it via PPT at an FFL from your LEO friend.

XDRoX
10-05-2011, 8:49 AM
Thanks RC, I was starting to worry that maybe you can't PPT off roster guns.

Thanks

Swift Justice
10-05-2011, 11:19 AM
I bought mine in the for sale forum, PPT from an LEO who bought two and decided he only needed one. PPT is one of the roster exemptions.

Gio
10-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Just have him pick up the pistol and then PPT it to you. Luckily for me I have a FFL that deals in SSE and can order me just about any pistol I want :)

XDRoX
10-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Just have him pick up the pistol and then PPT it to you.

Oh sorry for not being clear, that was exactly what we were planning to do. I just had a brain fart on if PPT's were roster exempt.

Gio
10-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Oh sorry for not being clear, that was exactly what we were planning to do. I just had a brain fart on if PPT's were roster exempt.

No problem, that's why I put my reply like that. Have fun with your new LCP, still waiting for my 30 days to end so I can pick up another Gen 4 19 since I sold my last one to cover my XDM 5.25 Competition :D

gatesbox
10-05-2011, 11:54 AM
yep, been there done that, even as a non-leo....I personally imported (moved to CA with) an LCP and sold it here in CA. No problem, I don't think ffl's even look twice at the roster when it comes to used PPT....