PDA

View Full Version : Joe Walsh & CCW

Tripper
10-05-2011, 5:45 AM
I have my thoughts thought I'd get the take of others on this.
its an excerpt of a quote from Brady Campaign on regarding Joe Walsh and his statement of supporting concealed carry.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/04/joe-walsh-responds-to-ant_n_994355.html

/quote/
"If this what he means, who in the government is he talking about? The elected officials the concealed carriers disagree with? Law enforcement officers engaged in protecting public safety? This kind of radical rhetoric has consequences. It is truly chilling to hear an elected official appear to justify violence as a political remedy for individuals dissatisfied with the results of our democratic process."
/end quote/

psssniper
10-05-2011, 6:25 AM
Spent the last year
Rocky Mountain Way
Couldn't get much higher
Out to pasture
think it's safe to say
Time to open fire :rolleyes:

qF2OP_gFsz4&feature=related

llamatrnr
10-05-2011, 6:51 AM
"Barnstorm" :thumbsup::thumbsup:

killmime1234
10-05-2011, 7:00 AM
You beat me to the punch, psssniper!

Army
10-05-2011, 7:06 AM
He's also got a Maserati that does 185.

VictorFranko
10-05-2011, 7:47 AM
"How ya doin"?"

Window_Seat
10-05-2011, 7:57 AM
"I know where you're goin"...
:D:D

Erik.

yellowfin
10-05-2011, 8:03 AM
Major fail by him saying that Bradys have an admirable cause and actually have altruistic motives. He should have called them out on the spot for what they really are. Why does no politician do so?

Wherryj
10-05-2011, 8:25 AM
I have my thoughts thought I'd get the take of others on this.
its an excerpt of a quote from Brady Campaign on regarding Joe Walsh and his statement of supporting concealed carry.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/04/joe-walsh-responds-to-ant_n_994355.html

/quote/
"If this what he means, who in the government is he talking about? The elected officials the concealed carriers disagree with? Law enforcement officers engaged in protecting public safety? This kind of radical rhetoric has consequences. It is truly chilling to hear an elected official appear to justify violence as a political remedy for individuals dissatisfied with the results of our democratic process."
/end quote/

He just might be the second best Joe Walsh in the US.

foxtrotuniformlima
10-05-2011, 11:35 AM
I love it when the BC folks say dumb things. :)

oni.dori
10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
I would also like to point out that this Huff Po article flat out called the Brady Campaign an "ANTI GUN" group whith no hesitation, as opposed to their adamant claim that they are not "anti gun".

Steyr_223
10-05-2011, 2:42 PM
The Brady's are not Anti Gun..They are Anti Civil Rights...

Mute
10-05-2011, 3:39 PM
Major fail by him saying that Bradys have an admirable cause and actually have altruistic motives. He should have called them out on the spot for what they really are. Why does no politician do so?

This gives them no ground to complain about Walsh being biased against them. Instead, he attacked their methods, which I think is even more effective.

furyous68
10-05-2011, 7:22 PM
Funny how quick they were to completely twist his words & misquote them. How did they get "turn against government" from "individuals right to protect themselves from violent crime"?

Amazing.. simply amazing.

Tarn_Helm
10-06-2011, 2:11 PM
I would also like to point out that this Huff Po article flat out called the Brady Campaign an "ANTI GUN" group whith no hesitation, as opposed to their adamant claim that they are not "anti gun".

You hit the nail on the head.

Nice shot.
;)

bpWlatljaI0

Tarn_Helm
10-06-2011, 2:22 PM
Funny how quick they were to completely twist his words & misquote them. How did they get "turn against government" from "individuals right to protect themselves from violent crime"?

Amazing.. simply amazing.

That is easy to explain.

The Brady Campaign is openly admitting that regimes which deny the fullest and freest exercise of the right to keep and bear arms are regimes organized and operating upon the principles of organized, violent crime.

Now, they might be admitting it unwittingly and unconsciously, but they are admitting it nonetheless.

Furthermore, by objecting to the efforts of Walsh to weaken the Illinois state government's power to disarm law-abiding citizens, the Brady campaigners are implicitly stating their support for sustained government efforts to coercively disarm and pre-emptively suppress law-abiding citizens whose only interest in the right to keep and bear arms is for lawful self-defense--against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

:rant: