PDA

View Full Version : Weapon lights

h0use
10-04-2011, 10:00 AM
I was wondering if any one could recommend a good weapon light for my ar15. I will mount it on a rail. The thing is are there any good lights out there that run on AA battery's? Why I ask is I have an eotech that runs on AA and would like to stick with AA. Since I have compartments in my stock and grip to carry extra battery's.

Magdalena
10-04-2011, 10:26 AM
117142I've got the first ever wireless weapon mounted light (1 led=347.5 lumens/2 hours max runtime) with grip integrated remote control buttons (top button=momentary on/off, bottom button=On/Strobe function) I know you'd mentioned you're looking for a light that runs on AA's, (this model runs 2 x 123A batteries-which can get expensive) but I have a model coming out that will use one rechargeable 18650 battery. Both have mounting ring included and AR grip integrated rc's. Check out the pics let me know what you think-What price range are you looking in?
M

h0use
10-04-2011, 10:50 AM
That looks really nice! How much does it cost? Can you get the grip in FDE?

itisagoodname
10-04-2011, 12:17 PM
117142I've got the first ever wireless weapon mounted light (1 led=347.5 lumens/2 hours max runtime) with grip integrated remote control buttons (top button=momentary on/off, bottom button=On/Strobe function) I know you'd mentioned you're looking for a light that runs on AA's, (this model runs 2 x 123A batteries-which can get expensive) but I have a model coming out that will use one rechargeable 18650 battery. Both have mounting ring included and AR grip integrated rc's. Check out the pics let me know what you think-What price range are you looking in?
M

Do like... Would like to know the price on that as well.

Magdalena
10-04-2011, 12:32 PM
That looks really nice! How much does it cost? Can you get the grip in FDE?

Right now, I've only got rc's intergrated into FDE grips for AK 47's (US PALM)
For AR builds, I've got grip integrated rc's for Black FALCON Industries grips. Price for both 285.00 includes mounting ring, flashlight with 1 LED white head. This is a steep price, and I'm working on adjusting the pricing to be more amicable (I don't even have 3bills to spend on a set up) check out my site. I'm just now bringing this to market (testing every fiber of this technology). But check out the specs, function range and output quality. Let me know what you think. Any info you need-let me know.
*Prices on the website are being adjusted as we speak, and will be lower than what is currently shown, i'll have those chages made by this evening
Magdalena
www.kellanusa.com

h0use
10-04-2011, 2:44 PM
really nice lights. do you have a show room? are they made here in san diego?

tomd1584
10-04-2011, 2:49 PM
You might want to consider a light that runs on CR123's. You'll have a lot more options, IMO.

A good light/mount combo is the G2led/VTAC. right at $108. Its not as cool as others (scout, X300, etc) but gets the job done without breaking the bank.

Another option is the Fenix TK11 with either the VTAC or any other 1" mount. The Fenix goes for about $70 shipped online, with mounts ranging from $30-$60.

Here's some options from VTAC:

http://www.vikingtactics.com/lightmounts.html

Roddd
10-05-2011, 7:11 AM
I have a Surefire M600C and love it. It's pricier than others and takes the 123 batteries but it's gotta be as bright as they come.

OpticsPlanet
10-05-2011, 8:03 AM
+1 on the G2, and you can get it in tan.

Mark H.

Magdalena
10-05-2011, 9:35 AM
really nice lights. do you have a show room? are they made here in san diego?

We don't have a showroom here in SD. Everything is available if you contact me directly. We will be sending out samples to various distributors and retailers throughout the next couple weeks, as well as attending various exhibitions and gun shows: I'm participating in the Milipol exhibition in Paris on Oct 18-21st, and we'll be attending and exhibiting upcoming Shot Shows and other tactical weapon exhibitions.

We have manufactures in the US and just this week have begun optioning manufactures here in San Diego.
My website has list price of $293.00 for flashlight alone, before adding Grip RC (+$30.00). This pricing is being adjusted this week.
Currently, I have available: The set up including the flashlight, grip integrated RC (Falcon Industries grip in black) +slim touch pad RC and mounting ring for picatinny system at $299.00 for everything listed-this week only.
Next week, prices will be based on flashlight ($) + Grip integrated RC (+$) and any additional flashlight heads (+$) or mounting rings (+$) you may be interested in.

Contact me directly if you have any particular requests.-Thanks

h0use
10-07-2011, 8:31 AM
So I have started to look at lights that take c123 battery's.
Any of you calguners use lumaforce or fenix lights? I see alot of good reviews on fenix lights. Buy I saw lumaforce tac5 and caught my eye since it's very small buy the light out put is very good.

negolien
10-07-2011, 9:20 AM
Streamlight SuperTac C4 LED or http://www.tds-us.com/viewitem.php/tds/pd1974246/STREAMLIGHT_SUPER_TAC_KIT_W_VERT_GRP or the always trusty TLR-1S. I was hoping someone here would have info on that light mount they're showing in the super tac kit? Gonn apost a seperate thread on that one.

tomd1584
10-07-2011, 2:15 PM
So I have started to look at lights that take c123 battery's.
Any of you calguners use lumaforce or fenix lights? I see alot of good reviews on fenix lights. Buy I saw lumaforce tac5 and caught my eye since it's very small buy the light out put is very good.

I carry a Fenix PD30 in my briefcase daily, and have a TK11 on my rifle. 258 lumens is BRIGHT for a weaponlight, and can easily light up targets at 100 yards.

the TK11 is a great alternative to Surefire, (especially cost), but the downside being that its made in China.

Alex M
10-08-2011, 1:16 AM
Waiting another month or so until these come in sand color, http://inforce-mil.com/wml.php uses C123'S though.

thevic
10-08-2011, 1:47 AM
Vintage surefire 6Z body and head (surefire fan boys love seeing this haha) with a single mode 320 lumen single LED. 17670 rechargeable. Solarforce tape switch. About 2 hr run time.

I switched all my cr123 lights to a single 17670. Best decision i've made in a while ;)

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab248/vpsmedeiros/IMG_3548.jpg

h0use
10-08-2011, 8:24 AM
Waiting another month or so until these come in sand color, http://inforce-mil.com/wml.php uses C123'S though.

Wow I like that setup! What's the price going to be on that? No prices on there site.

Alex M
10-09-2011, 12:40 PM
175 for the IR variant, 150 for the standard white light version. Haven't found a sight that offered them but I you email them directly they'll tell you how to purchase one.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.573337,-117.724868

Grassninja
10-09-2011, 1:32 PM
For well under $100 you can get yourself a Surefire G2 or 6P with mount. It's a value that is tough to beat.

Alex M
10-09-2011, 3:33 PM
Well if you're just looking at price then yeah you can go even cheaper than that, but the Inforce is smaller, lighter with slightly less power and runs on only one battery. Plus the Surefire combo is quite common, with the Inforce you're guaranteed to be the first kid on the block to have one.

paintballdad
10-09-2011, 3:54 PM
Your options are a bit limited in the AA size, there are quite a bit more options in CR123s. Also AA alkaline cells are terrible power sources in high powered lights.
Be careful of output claims, not all manufacturers test their light in an integrating sphere and their claimed output is just calculated. If they do not state "out the front" lumens, figure on about 20-30% less than their stated output.
If you really want to stick to AAs then check out 4Sevens Quark line (tactical models) otherwise check out the Surefire G2X or 6PX, better yet is Malkoff Devices MD2. The Quarks are around $70 and the others are in the $100 range. Both Surefire and Malkoff test their output in an integrating sphere and state true out the front lumens. They also share the same mounting platform. 2 celled Cr123 lights have the advantage of extended runtime.

winxp_man
10-10-2011, 12:19 AM
I have been using my Eagle Tac light, and it runs on 123CR batteries. Also has 5,60,300 lumen selection.

kemikalembalance
10-10-2011, 12:25 AM
im running a lumaforce with the 123 batteries. 40 bucks and i have yet to break my hand held unit.

squee116
10-10-2011, 12:49 AM
I've got a TK15, on a VTAC polymer offset mount, with a Fenix Pressure switch on an Ergo switch slot. I really like this setup, but for the Ergo slot being a little on the cheap side.

On the other hand, I've recently seen what appears to be a high value light to me. It's the Olight i6 Paladin. I know this guy owns a store, but he does a lot of good flashlight reviews, so please don't take this as an advertisement or something. Anyhow:
http://www.youtube.com/user/goingprepared#p/search/0/GC75SFxalDg

If you wanna do quick performance or price comparisons, I'd browse through his catalog of reviews till you find something you are comfy with.

paintballdad
10-10-2011, 7:46 AM
If you REALLY want to learn about flashlights (LED types, power sources, output & runtimes, etc) cruise on over to this site (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forum.php). There's a wealth of information and reviews there that's more concise than youtube can offer.

But be careful, you might get hooked and your wallet is going to hate you. You'll quickly learn that $100 flashlights are a drop in the bucket.