View Full Version : Hi point c9 east bay?

10-04-2011, 1:22 AM
Hey guys, I've heard goods and bads about em, I want to experiment myself, does anyone know who sells the c9 in the east bay closer to Hayward the better thanks in advance. Ps: I know there not the best I own better weapons just want to give em a try.

10-04-2011, 8:51 AM
I wanted to check it out my self as well. I own alot of guns as well and wanted to check it out. So I took the plunge my self. Check out nutnfancy review on YouTube on the c9.
Do you guys have a turners outdoorsman out there? If you do they have them on sale for 149$ I'll be doing my own review in 10days! For the price you can't beat it!

10-04-2011, 10:34 AM
When I thought about getting one, someone here told me that Target Masters in Milpitas told them they could order in a C9 in for ~150.

I'm glad I decided to save up for something else though.

10-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Target masters sells the .380 version. for like 140 last time I was there I believe.

10-04-2011, 11:06 AM
I have one....and you cannot beat the price. Mine will eat anything I feed it. No FTFs, no mag problems, shoots HP no problem. Best bang-for-your-buck you will ever find ! Go for it !

10-04-2011, 7:25 PM
Yea I've heard some good things.. But I don't want to buy online because I don't see the point in paying 75-100 for transfer on a $150 gun.

10-04-2011, 7:33 PM
you may want to visit the "Hi-Point Firearms Forums" to find out what the members there have to say about life with a Hi-Point.

Bug Splat
10-04-2011, 7:54 PM
Owners seem to like them. I hear good things about the reliability. Good pistol for the money if you can get over the godawful look. Hi-point is the fat ugly chick at the bar. Does not take much to take her home and she will perform but you have to look past the ugly.

10-04-2011, 8:19 PM
Ok here it goes.....I had a C9 and it was just as reliable as any Glock I own. I did polish the feedramp, but I think the new barrels come polished already. It would cycle any brand of ammo without malfunction. It is top heavy so it has more felt recoil that other comparable 9mm handguns. Not at all unmanageable.

Here is the kicker and why they have a bad reputation for failure to eject(stove pipe).
Whenever I would let a new shooter fire it the first round would always stove pipe for them. Then I tell them to hold it tighter and no more problems. The C9 is a straight blowback design so they require a firm grip, but not deathgrip. Because the Hi-Point is usually a first gun for most people(low price), their firearm inexperience has lead to them bashing on a product without knowing they are at fault. I just sold my C9 to another Calguns member, we went to the range to test it and he is very happy with it, as was I. Go ahead and get one, they are priced low and built like a tank. They have a lifetime no BS gurantee. If it wears out after many thousands of rounds, send it in and they will send out a brand new one. Best bang for the buck.