PDA

View Full Version : WTF Nearsighted

CrossedRifles
10-03-2011, 7:50 PM
Without my glasses, I shoot fine with a Leupold but when I used an EOTech the whole reticle was like a super blurry circle. Just a huge red blob of 65 MOA. 1 MOA dot gone.

With glasses the EOTech's reticle is normal and sharp to me.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Or am I stuck shooting only with glasses for this gun?

Quinc
10-03-2011, 9:19 PM
3x magnifier, or contacts. Might also try turning down the brightest on the Eotech.

negolien
10-03-2011, 9:35 PM
yup +1 on the turning down the brightness as for sharp with glasses lol must be nice. I still don't think that it's as nice as they "claim" it to be sharpness wise. I was able to do some decent shooting at 100 yards with my xps2-0 though. I shot 10 rounds and hit chin to sternum with a straight verticle line of shots. For a CQB fight I would feel pretty comfotable using my Eotech.

10-03-2011, 9:50 PM
I am also near sighted and used to have an Eotech 556. the reticle did the same thing. I had to lower the brightness and it worked fine.
I also moved it as far up as possiable and it helped alot more.
Make sure you have it mounted as far foward as possiable.

mocos
10-12-2011, 4:24 PM
if your vision in not 20/20 when using the eotech....it's blurry because it is out of focus...and it will vary depending on what your eyesight is. If you are farsighted, you position it out further if you are near sighted, closer is better. I wear contacts and my right eye is corrected to 20/30 so I can focus on a the front sight of a handgun. My left eye is corrected to 20/20. In order for me to use the eotech and at any brightness it is mounted as close to my eye as possible...so it's like a head's up display. If I switch to my weak side, any distance will work..no problem because it is corrected to 20/20. Your leupold is good to go because it has a diopter adjustment on the eyepiece and if you followed the instructions, it was adjusted to compensate for your less than 20/20 vision. Lowering the intensity only lessens the glare of the out of focuse dot and ring but it is still out of focus.