PDA

View Full Version : GSSF and Glock purchase question.

Shellshocker66
10-03-2011, 7:01 PM
OK so I'm thinking of joining the GSSF because I would like to take an armorers course in the future and seems that is the only qualifier I could use to register.

So I see that if you join for the two year rate, you get the coupon to purchase 1 Glock pistol at the blue label price. My question is say I join today, would I have to purchase that pistol before the end of the year or would I have until October of next year to purchase it? And with the two year membership is it one coupon for that two years or after one year of membership would I receive another?

Thank you in advance!

send it
10-03-2011, 7:55 PM
I signed up for two years and received one coupon right away and will receive a second at the beginning of the second year. If you get a life time membership you would get one every year. One year members do not get one until they renew for the second year......
I hope this helps

fullspeed1
10-04-2011, 5:36 AM
send it is right on the mark. You will literally get a discount card for a pistol purchase and your gssf membership card within a week. I am assuming that you can use it at anytime.

neomedic
10-04-2011, 5:55 AM
Anyway to use the coupon for a Gen4 model?? It would have to be via SSE and wanted to know if that was possible.

Thanks.

RollingCode3
10-04-2011, 6:19 AM
You cant use the coupon for Gen4 model. And NO you cant use the coupon to purchase single shot gen4 glock

Shellshocker66
10-04-2011, 8:02 AM
OK so there is no expiration on the coupon you receive? I thought I read somewhere that your limited to one blue label purchase per year, so I assumed that there would be a time limit on it to keep people from purchasing two in a year (assuming you saved one coupon from the first year and then used it twice the next)?

@Rollingcode3, Why no Gen 4? I just went and did some searching on GlockTalk to try to answer this question better and seems that people over there are purchasing Blue Label Gen4 or they are at least bragging they did. I mean the SSE is the local FFL's decision to do right? I don't understand the difference between ordering a Gen 4 for SSE and ordering a Blue Label with the FFL adding the SSE after it arrives?

I'm just trying to understand the process a little better. Blah it gets more confusing the more I search.

Fatstackz
10-04-2011, 8:11 AM
You cant use the coupon for Gen4 model. And NO you cant use the coupon to purchase single shot gen4 glock

Black Rifle in Sac told me differently. They told me that they do honor GSSF coupons and yes they do single shot the Gen 4's. I am almost certain that I asked combined since that is what I am looking to do as well.

Shellshocker66
10-04-2011, 8:18 AM
Black Rifle in Sac told me differently. They told me that they do honor GSSF coupons and yes they do single shot the Gen 4's. I am almost certain that I asked combined since that is what I am looking to do as well.

I just sent SBR a PM with this threads link to see if they can answer the question.

I also finally found some PDF file with GSSF that does state that only one Glock per Calender year can be purchased using the coupon. So still trying to find the answer on if the coupon is dated and how it is dated, or if it's an honor system.

Member Responsibilities
1. Member contacts GLOCK for local dealer information, then calls the dealer to be sure they are participating
in the program and that the dealer has the model wanted in stock.
2. Member takes the GSSF Pistol Purchase Coupon to the dealer along with any other required documents.
Dealer will keep the card and attach it to the Form 4473 and/or other pertinent documents.
3. Member is responsible for any taxes or fees as is required by local, state and federal laws.
4. Member must meet all local, state and federal laws necessary to legally purchase a pistol.
5. Member may only purchase 1 GLOCK handgun per calendar year in this program.

Sacramento Black Rifle
10-04-2011, 8:25 AM
I just sent SBR a PM with this threads link to see if they can answer the question.

I also finally found some PDF file with GSSF that does state that only one Glock per Calender year can be purchased using the coupon. So still trying to find the answer on if the coupon is dated and how it is dated, or if it's an honor system.

Member Responsibilities
1. Member contacts GLOCK for local dealer information, then calls the dealer to be sure they are participating
in the program and that the dealer has the model wanted in stock.
2. Member takes the GSSF Pistol Purchase Coupon to the dealer along with any other required documents.
Dealer will keep the card and attach it to the Form 4473 and/or other pertinent documents.
3. Member is responsible for any taxes or fees as is required by local, state and federal laws.
4. Member must meet all local, state and federal laws necessary to legally purchase a pistol.
5. Member may only purchase 1 GLOCK handgun per calendar year in this program.

Per previous conversations with my LE Rep I, Sacramento Black Rifle cannot modify the Glock blue label pistols. However we do offer the SSE on all Glock models. As others have stated you can only purchase one Glock pistol per calendar year via blue labels program. Hope that help clear things up..

biker777
10-04-2011, 8:39 AM
I was gonna join for 2 years to get a discount on a new G21, But its not a deal really..

The GSSF discounted price is $491 + $60 - 2 yr membership = $551
The Glock store sells them for $547.00 everday price..

So its $4.00 cheaper to buy it off the shelf ta regular price in the store...

I guess on some guns it may be cheaper..?? I would save $14.00 on a G17 or something like that. but overall its not going to save me enough to make a difference

Fatstackz
10-04-2011, 8:44 AM
I was gonna join for 2 years to get a discount on a new G21, but with the discount and adding in the 2 year membership..I will actually pay $4.00 more for a new one..The Glock store sells them for $547.00 everday price..and it will $551 with the discounted price and 2 year fee to get that price.. I guess on some guns it may be cheaper..

Consider the savings for the second coupon as well.

Sacramento Black Rifle
10-04-2011, 8:47 AM
Gen 4 Glocks SSE $575.00 + tax and dros no extra fees

Shellshocker66
10-04-2011, 8:47 AM
I was gonna join for 2 years to get a discount on a new G21, but with the discount and adding in the 2 year membership..I will actually pay $4.00 more for a new one..The Glock store sells them for $547.00 everday price..and it will $551 with the discounted price and 2 year fee to get that price.. I guess on some guns it may be cheaper..

Yep noticed the same thing myself, but like my original post I have another motive of purchasing the GSSF membership and the pistol discount is an added bonus.

If I were just looking to purchase a Glock I would not save anything by getting the 2 year membership, as from what I've heard unless you're LEO you don't even get the extra magazine that comes with the blue label program (2 versus the 3 they receive).

But the second year would make it a more attractable prospect as you get that coupon again the next year. So guess it depends on how much you love Glocks :)

tonyxcom
10-04-2011, 8:52 AM
OK so there is no expiration on the coupon you receive?

When you are issued your coupon, it shares the expiration date as your membership. At this point, I am not entirely sure if you actually get 2 coupons in your first 2 years. Here is my story...

I initially signed up for one year. I later found out that I could have got my coupon if I signed initially signed up for 2 years (we all know this is true). I emailed them and asked if I could change my membership to 2 years. I still hadn't received my initial packet, but I did see the CC charge. I was told that I just needed to submit a renewal and they would treat it the same as if I initially signed up for 2 years. I eventually got my 1 year membership (roughly 3 weeks after submittal). When the "renewal" came, it included a single coupon and new membership card, both with an expiration date of Aug 2013. So I will see if they sent me another coupon next year.

As a side bonus, I have read on numerous boards and threads that the basic Armorer's course at $195 gets you 2 additional purchase coupons.

Shellshocker66
10-04-2011, 9:23 AM
When you are issued your coupon, it shares the expiration date as your membership. At this point, I am not entirely sure if you actually get 2 coupons in your first 2 years. Here is my story...

I initially signed up for one year. I later found out that I could have got my coupon if I signed initially signed up for 2 years (we all know this is true). I emailed them and asked if I could change my membership to 2 years. I still hadn't received my initial packet, but I did see the CC charge. I was told that I just needed to submit a renewal and they would treat it the same as if I initially signed up for 2 years. I eventually got my 1 year membership (roughly 3 weeks after submittal). When the "renewal" came, it included a single coupon and new membership card, both with an expiration date of Aug 2013. So I will see if they sent me another coupon next year.

As a side bonus, I have read on numerous boards and threads that the basic Armorer's course at $195 gets you 2 additional purchase coupons.

Thank you for your response! That helps a lot as now I know that the coupon has an expiration date! Which was the reason I was holding off on the membership as I didn't want to sign up and waste it because it was going to end 12/31/11.

Now as for the Armorer's course that is great to know! Do you have any links to that information? Just wondering if that has changed since they made all the changes to those allowed the Blue Label deals on May of this year.

tonyxcom
10-04-2011, 9:58 AM
I dont have any links, but if you google around for "is the glock armorer's course worth it" you should find a few.

RollingCode3
10-04-2011, 10:46 AM
@Rollingcode3, Why no Gen 4? I just went and did some searching on GlockTalk to try to answer this question better and seems that people over there are purchasing Blue Label Gen4 or they are at least bragging they did. I mean the SSE is the local FFL's decision to do right? I don't understand the difference between ordering a Gen 4 for SSE and ordering a Blue Label with the FFL adding the SSE after it arrives?

I'm just trying to understand the process a little better. Blah it gets more confusing the more I search.

you do realize that we live in CA and Gen4 is not on the roster right? that is why you can't use the coupon on Gen4. Blue label is a discount program Glock offers to (police, firefighter, gssf, etc... ) It has nothing to do with single shot exemption. You can't combine both of them. You can use the coupon on Gen3 but not Gen4

Sacramento Black Rifle
10-04-2011, 11:05 AM
you do realize that we live in CA and Gen4 is not on the roster right? that is why you can't use the coupon on Gen4. Blue label is a discount program Glock offers to (police, firefighter, gssf, etc... ) It has nothing to do with single shot exemption. You can't combine both of them. You can use the coupon on Gen3 but not Gen4

Only police and security corrections no ems or fire.

Lumpia is sarap!
10-04-2011, 11:05 AM
I love GSSF:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/DSCN1663.jpg

RollingCode3
10-04-2011, 11:19 AM

I guess they removed ems and fire from the list.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/cadetcode3/guns/IMG_1232.jpg

tacticalcity
10-04-2011, 11:25 AM
I signed up for two years and received one coupon right away and will receive a second at the beginning of the second year. If you get a life time membership you would get one every year. One year members do not get one until they renew for the second year......
I hope this helps

Well it helped me. I finally bit the bullet and joined, signing up for the two year membership so I won't have to wait for the discount on the Glock. Not that I have $60 laying around.

The hickup I have is that the Glock I want/need is only listed on the form in the Gen 4 version.

tacticalcity
10-04-2011, 11:28 AM

Why would Glock care if you used the Single Shot Exemption or not?

I want/need the Glock 26. The only one on Glock's Suggested Price list is a Gen 4. Is there a way to get the discount pricing on a model not on that PDF?

RollingCode3
10-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Why would Glock care if you used the Single Shot Exemption or not?

I want/need the Glock 26. The only one on Glock's Suggested Price list is a Gen 4. Is there a way to get the discount pricing on a model not on that PDF?

i am pretty sure you can buy Glock 26 gen 3 with your coupon. Glock has strict guidelines/rules for blue label purchase. If you dont play by their rules they will take the program away. They changed a lot of their rules this year because people abused it.

Shellshocker66
10-04-2011, 11:52 AM

I fully understand where I live (but hey I'm blond and only know because I send in my state taxes in each year to the state of CALIFORNIA). But as I stated I was confused because you can purchase a Gen 4 with a SSE, and since it is a feature added by the FFL, not Glock I didn't see where the blue label issue would factor in.

So if you notice my post has question marks all over it. I'm asking the question not attacking you for saying it because I'm trying to understand the process better.

I understand now from SBR response that the thing stopping it is the Glock LE rep. It's not that big of a deal as I stated my big purpose is to join GSSF to take an armorers course, not just the coupon/s for the blue label program. But it would of been nice to have the option to pick up the Gen 4 if I so desired when I get ready to purchase in the future.

RollingCode3
10-04-2011, 12:01 PM
I fully understand where I live (but hey I'm blond and only know because I send in my state taxes in each year to the state of CALIFORNIA). But as I stated I was confused because you can purchase a Gen 4 with a SSE, and since it is a feature added by the FFL, not Glock I didn't see where the blue label issue would factor in.

So if you notice my post has question marks all over it. I'm asking the question not attacking you for saying it because I'm trying to understand the process better.

I understand now from SBR response that the thing stopping it is the Glock LE rep. It's not that big of a deal as I stated my big purpose is to join GSSF to take an armorers course, not just the coupon/s for the blue label program. But it would of been nice to have the option to pick up the Gen 4 if I so desired when I get ready to purchase in the future.

Glock blue label program is between you and Glock. There is no middle man. Glock tells you who to sell it to (LE, GSSF members, Probaion, etc..) and set the price on it. ($425)

Single shot conversion is between you and the FFL dealer. The FFL takes control of the handgun and convert it to single shot exemption. That is why you see most dealers sell off roster handgun at MSRP.

You can't have both. cheap with older model (gen3) or pay more the the new model (Gen4)

tacticalcity
10-04-2011, 12:13 PM
i am pretty sure you can buy Glock 26 gen 3 with your coupon. Glock has strict guidelines/rules for blue label purchase. If you dont play by their rules they will take the program away. They changed a lot of their rules this year because people abused it.

It would be great if next time Sac Rifle logs into the thread he could confirm the G26 is available as part of the program and let me know the price. I need to know how much to save. Rocklin is not next door, but it is close enough to be worth it.

A bummer about the Gen 4 not being an option. Not only is the suggested price lower ($425) but the ability to swap out for a thiner and not so agressively shaped (bumped at the bottom) backstrap would have been a major plus.

The one thing I truly with they had done on the Gen 4s is make the front strap removeable as well. The finger grooves have been a source of contension and many a gripe (including my own gripes) ever since they released the Gen 3. A non-finger grooved front strap as an insert would have been a major selling point and helped get a boat load of sales they lost because the buyer didn't like the way the groove fit (or rather didn't fit) their hand.

Lead Waster
10-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Here in SFBA, the GSSF actually gives you a good deal for some pistols. For instance, the Glock 23, via a gun store (or even Buds + kitchen table FFL + CA tax) will be $500+75$+$41 = $616. With GSSF discount it's $425 + $25 + $35 = $485. Add the GSSF 2 year membership at $60 = $545. Savings of $71 PLUS you now have 2 years of GSSF, meaning that if you can make it to a GSSF event, you can have your Glock checked out by armorers there for free.

tonyxcom
10-04-2011, 12:15 PM
The hickup I have is that the Glock I want/need is only listed on the form in the Gen 4 version.

That probably wont be a problem. I've seen different lists all over the place including some where all 9mm Glocks were Gen 4 only.

I would just call your "local" Blue Label dealer and see what they say or have.

Lead Waster
10-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Does the Gen4 offer that much more than the Gen 3?

tacticalcity
10-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Does the Gen4 offer that much more than the Gen 3?

It offers adjustable backstraps so if the standard one is a little too thick or odd shaped (as is the case of the baby Glock 26 for my hands) it can be made to be more comfortable without taking a dremil tool to the grip.

If not for that I would careless which Generation it was. My Glock 17 is a Gen 2 and I love it.

tenpercentfirearms
10-04-2011, 6:10 PM

You are just talking about Gen4s right? My 2011 Sub-Distributor paper specifically states "EMT's, Firefighters, Volunteer Firefighters, and Paramedics" are eligible.

And even then "security corrections" are not exempt from the roster unless they are full time paid peace officers.

jhaselton
10-04-2011, 10:47 PM
You are just talking about Gen4s right? My 2011 Sub-Distributor paper specifically states "EMT's, Firefighters, Volunteer Firefighters, and Paramedics" are eligible.

And even then "security corrections" are not exempt from the roster unless they are full time paid peace officers.

Glock changed the rules back in April 2011. EMT, firefighters, volunteer firefighters, paramedics, pilots, students, etc were all removed from the Blue Label program. If you sell Blue Label to them Glock will cut you off.

Glock has specifically requested that gen4 Blue Label pistols are not modified to use the single shot exemption.

If you need a copy of the latest 2011 BLUE LABEL APPROVED CUSTOMER LIST email your Glock LE rep or call him on his cell. If you don't have that info contactb Rob @ SBR and he'll get you the info.

I hope this helps.

jhaselton
10-04-2011, 10:52 PM
It would be great if next time Sac Rifle logs into the thread he could confirm the G26 is available as part of the program and let me know the price. I need to know how much to save. Rocklin is not next door, but it is close enough to be worth it.

The G26 is available as part of the program. Every Glock model is available.

You have to be LEO to get the gen4 because Glock will not allow an FFL selling Blue Label to modify a gen4 to be a single shot pistol.

SBR usually has every model in stock. If you're going to head out to get one just call ahead and have them hold one for you till you get there.

iron330
10-05-2011, 8:17 AM
Bottom line is I feel fortunate that I got in under the wire when I joined last year and purchased in March. Imo, GSSF is not worth the effort any longer if one is just thinking about the discounted price. Glock wants folks to participate in their competitions, not just join for the lower priced pistols. And all the angst and hand-wringing about Gen4 vs. Gen3 through GSSF (in CA) is just pissin' into the wind.

Sacramento Black Rifle
10-05-2011, 8:23 AM

A bummer about the Gen 4 not being an option. Not only is the suggested price lower ($425) but the ability to swap out for a thiner and not so agressively shaped (bumped at the bottom) backstrap would have been a major plus.

The one thing I truly with they had done on the Gen 4s is make the front strap removeable as well. The finger grooves have been a source of contension and many a gripe (including my own gripes) ever since they released the Gen 3. A non-finger grooved front strap as an insert would have been a major selling point and helped get a boat load of sales they lost because the buyer didn't like the way the groove fit (or rather didn't fit) their hand.

As stated above all Glock models are on the blue label program starting at $425.00 if anyone has any questions about this program give us a call we would be glad to assist you in any way we can.

tacticalcity
10-21-2011, 10:45 AM
OK, so it took about two weeks from the time I paid online to the time I received my membership package in the mail. I signed up for the two year membership so I could get the discount card. They sent it right away, and do not make you wait for it.

I plan on extending it when the time comes. Hopefully can afford a life time membership by then. As a Glock guy, it just makes sense for me...but it was too rich for my blood this time around.

Comes with a magazine with information on the latest Glock models, an instruction manual on how their matches work and are scored, your membership card and the card to get the discount pricing on a new Glock, a patch, and IOU for the out of stock hats, and something else I am forgetting.

Still saving up for the Glock 26 I plan to buy.