PDA

View Full Version : "Up in smoke ?" How to send your buddy off in style

hadjin
10-03-2011, 1:11 PM
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/alabama-company-puts-human-ashes-ammunition-153625609.html

An Alabama company has come up with a way for avid hunters to go out with a bang when they die. The cremated ashes of loved ones can now be loaded into shotgun shells and rifle and pistol cartridges.

OC-Indian
10-03-2011, 1:21 PM
My first "dupe"

Sine Metu
10-03-2011, 1:30 PM
I enjoyed the last sentence of the article: "I would rest in peace knowing the last thing I did was to go screaming at that turkey at 900 feet per second, Parnell said."

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/alabama-company-puts-human-ashes-ammunition-153625609.html

An Alabama company has come up with a way for avid hunters to go out with a bang when they die. The cremated ashes of loved ones can now be loaded into shotgun shells and rifle and pistol cartridges.

Cali-Shooter
10-03-2011, 5:51 PM
These would make for some very interesting home defense rounds.

"I'm dead and cremated, and I'm taking you down with me, bad guy!"

-dead, cremated person's punchline as he is speeding down a 12 ga barrel at 1,150 FPS towards a armed perpetrator.

big al
10-03-2011, 6:29 PM
which choke is best for this shot?:D

jyo
10-04-2011, 5:26 PM
Cool idea---I am a member of a private club in the north SFV---when a member passes, often the family will bring the ashes to one of our Sunday meetings and before lunch, we will gather around the big old oak tree back of the trap range and have a ceremony, say a few words and scatter the ashes around the tree. That's as good as anything I can think of.

Bigtwin
10-04-2011, 7:05 PM
I like this idea very much. I would want it if, I didn't already want my ashes burned through the tank of my Harley!(little at a time though)lol.

I wonder how far this idea will make it before some assbag makes it illegal!

Toyman321
10-04-2011, 8:03 PM
I've always told my wife to sneak my ashes into the pepper shakers at the local Denny's...

jyo
10-04-2011, 11:47 PM
I don't eat at Denny's---ever!

Rocket Man
10-05-2011, 8:43 PM
We had a old time rocketeer that passed away & we launched his ashes in a 'cloud seeder' rocket a friend built to originally launch a couple gallons of water 2 miles up to make his own cloud... called 'cloud mine'....heh heh- it worked great!

His son said a few kind words & with mom & family present the rocket roared up to 10,000' and deployed the ashes creating a small cloud that drifted away & slowly dissipated, very nice.

This is the slide show;

http://www.wagnerg.com/hobbies/XPRS2011/

look for pic #173,174 & 175.

mines #12 :D

Cali-Shooter
10-06-2011, 9:47 AM
I don't eat at Denny's---ever!

Big +1 to that. Denny's food is anywhere from piss-poor to mediocre at best.

I've always told my wife to sneak my ashes into the pepper shakers at the local Denny's...

Why target the customers of a mediocre restaurant business instead of the business itself? :shrug: