PDA

View Full Version : Has there been a general consensus on the better Online gun sellers ?

hadjin
10-02-2011, 9:26 PM
I am discovering that there are many online "discount" gun stores.

Has there been a full discussion on CG about which of these companies has generally speaking the best prices, provides unblemished pieces, keeps a good inventory as well provides good shipping pricing and customer service ?

There is Grab-a-Gun.com, BudsGuns.com, GunGenie.com that I know of. Any others that are popular and often used by CGers ?

Best price is my primary concern, but paying $5, $15 or $25 more is fine to the company who treats buyers (and their transfer FFLs) better, actually has inventory, and has reasonable shipping charges.

I'm looking for the best one or two companies to make my purchases from. There is always someone who might advertise cheaper but can't deliver or sends you a weapon that doesn't quite meet your conditions expectations

Any suggestions from you actual experience would be appreciated.

Thank you

Ezekiel2000
10-02-2011, 9:53 PM
Something to keep in mind is that Gungenie.com is a supplier, so you are purchasing through the shop instead of performing a transfer as you would be if you purchase from grab a gun or buds. The reason I point this out is the fees...you can get charged some pretty outrageous fees for transfer in certain parts of california, but the fees on doing a dealer purchase are much more reasonable. At least in my neck of the woods they are.

hadjin
10-02-2011, 9:58 PM
Thanks .. have you used Gun Genie ?

Malmon
10-02-2011, 9:59 PM
Jetguns.com
I have bought 3 guns from them this year and most of the time, their prices are cheaper than buds.

orangeusa
10-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Teeny tiny seller - SummitGunBroker.com, but Mark is a standup guy.. All used guns, some are LEO tradeins...

Ezekiel2000
10-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Yup, used Gun Genie for two purchases this year. All were through the same store (Doms Outfitters) and all were perfect, painless transactions! Very happy with the service.

bruss01
10-03-2011, 8:22 AM
I am discovering that there are many online "discount" gun stores.

Has there been a full discussion on CG about which of these companies has generally speaking the best prices, provides unblemished pieces, keeps a good inventory as well provides good shipping pricing and customer service ?

There is Grab-a-Gun.com, BudsGuns.com, GunGenie.com that I know of. Any others that are popular and often used by CGers ?

Best price is my primary concern, but paying $5, $15 or $25 more is fine to the company who treats buyers (and their transfer FFLs) better, actually has inventory, and has reasonable shipping charges.

I'm looking for the best one or two companies to make my purchases from. There is always someone who might advertise cheaper but can't deliver or sends you a weapon that doesn't quite meet your conditions expectations

Any suggestions from you actual experience would be appreciated.

Thank you

I've purchased from Bud's many times and always had a stellar experience.

If you want to call them, you will get helpful friendly service. However, do keep in mind that the way they keep prices low is by not having a ton of staff sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. It can take a while to get through on the phone because they are dealing with other customers.

If you want to order online, that's a very easy process too. HOWEVER... if you are experienced buying online and are reasonably net-savvy, you will have no issue - BUT don't order something, check out, and then go..."oh shoot! I meant to order the 6" not the 4"! or "I wanted the stainless, but I guess I clicked the blued by mistake..." Their computer order system is very efficient - which contributes to the low cost... but if a human being has to go in, cancel an order, fix a problem - that cuts into overhead so they have to charge a restocking fee even if the gun you ordered never left the shelf where it sat - so KNOW what you're ordering before you click that last button that makes it yours.

I have found Bud's to be a great place to get guns at a terrific savings and FREE SHIPPING. If you understand their policies (which you can read on the site, they have no secret "gotchas") and know what you're doing, they can be great to deal with. Now... if you are a newb to guns, or a newb to buying things online... meeeebe you better stick to the local gun store where they can provide the kind of hand-holding that you will find more agreeable. But if you're a modern man of the 21st century, and know your way around guns and online stores without needing assistance, you won't have any issues. I've bought probably a dozen guns there over the years, and there was only one mistake and they fixed that for me on their dime because it was their mistake.

hadjin
10-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Any further thoughts, experiences, suggestions or other site destinations are always welcome.

Vacaville
10-03-2011, 10:10 AM
I used Davidson's Gun Genie and shopped out an excellent price for my .223 bolt-action. Far lower price than any other source I could find. Only problem is that I used Norse Armory as the FFL - took 16 days to get my rifle (but that's another story, and I think I got off lucky).

Homebrew2
10-03-2011, 11:15 AM
I have used Bud's a few times, very good experiences.
A couple of good things to note about Davidson's Gun Genie:
1, The purchase comes with their lifetime guarantee.
2, The participating dealer's fees/taxes are posted right in the online quote.