PDA

View Full Version : Sportsmans gun safes, any knowledge ?

R-H
10-02-2011, 9:48 PM
Been looking into a gun safe, something better than the 12 guage beer cans, with some sheetrock for fire protection, that most safes on the market seem to be made. I'm in the market for a safe in the 20 gun range or larger, at least 8 guage body, with a real fire protection, I'd like to stay n the $1500 to $1700 price range but might be able to squeeze a little more for the right safe. One brand in the ballpark is Sturdy Safes, just maybe a little to high. Today I came across a webpage www.sportsmansteelsafes.com and wondered if anyone had information on their safes?

Thanks
Robert

desertjosh
10-03-2011, 8:04 AM
I own one that has a sargent and greenleaf combo lock on it. I love it. Its very sturdy. I got mine on craigslist.

incredablehefey
10-03-2011, 8:12 AM
i drove down to there place in long beach and purchased mine for a huge discount, im not going to say how much but i got The Commemorative Double Wide for a bit more than your budget

Mute
10-03-2011, 8:29 AM
I suggest you do a search in the Accessories forum and the ripoffreport website before you buy. They don't have the best reputation.

R-H
10-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks crossed them off the list

Robert