PDA

View Full Version : Stolen guns & gun safe in Azusa, CA.

hkfan33
10-02-2011, 8:47 PM
Sportman’s Steel Special Forces Fire Proof Gun Safe w/ rotary combination lock (Black w/ gold letterings & handles)

Firearms:

-Springfield M1 CMP Service Grade Garand in 30.06 cal w/ Boyds Stock & GI OD Sling (SERIAL # 3809840)

-Springfield Armory M1A in 7.62x51/ 308 cal w/ all TRW USGI parts (barrel, OP Rod, trigger group, bolt) ? Nutmeg Stock, Tuner's Black Tactical Leather Sling, A.R.M.S. 18 Scope Mount & National Match Hooded Sight, Fred's Ventilated Handguard (SERIAL # 070005)

-1952 All Matching Russian Tula Arsenal SKS in 7.62x39 cal (SERIAL # CB2289)

-Stag Arms Model 2T AR15 in .223 cal, Spike Tactical Fake Can, Vltor Stock, Hogue Rubber Grip Eotech 552 Holographic Sight (was one of my newer rifles, need to look at the DROS to get serial #)

-Benelli M4/ M1014 Limited Edition in 12 gauge w/ original extended mag tube, Trijicion Ghost Sights & ? Tactical Charging Handle (SERIAL # M1014 1897)

-Sig Sauer P229 2 Tone in 9mm BarSto Competition Barrel/ 357Sig Factory Barrel & 40S&W BarSto Competition Barrel & Mepro Orange/ Yellow contrast Night Sights, Hogue Rubber Grip (SERIAL # AC14768)

-Glock 19 (2nd generation) in 9mm w/ Mepro Contrast Yellow/ Orange Night Sights, Lone Wolf Exended Mag & Slide Release, Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips (SERIAL # ME879US)

-Walther P22 Target in 22lr caliber w/ compensator (was one of my newer pistols, need to look at the DROS to get serial #)

Other gun parts & accessories in safe:

-Hk91/ FMP complete parts kit in olive green & black

-EoTech 550/ 551 Holographic sights

-1-2 Factory Glock clam cases

-45ACP, 10mm, 40S&W, 9mm home defense & some loose ammo MagTech, Federal, --Winchester ammo

-Factory Hk USPC 45ACP 1-4 8round mags, Sig Sauer P229 1-3 10round mags, Glock 20 10mm 1-4 10round mags, Glock19 9mm 3-5 10round mags, Springfield Armory 1911A1 38 Super 1-310round mags, Walther P22 22lr 1-4 10round mags, Springfield Armory M1A 7.62x5/308 2 10round mags

-Pistol Rack for 8 handguns in gray(? manufacturer)

-Ballistic Nylon holster for 6” revolver (? manufacturer)

-1-3 CA DOJ compliant pistol locks (Master Lock)

-Springfield Armory 1911A1 checkered wooden grips

-Colt 1911 wooden/ rubber grips

-M1 Garand CMP Certificate, papers & owners manual

-misc. rifle & pistol owners & repair manuals for Springfield Armory M1 Garand, M1A, Hk USPC, Sig Sauer, Glock, Walther etc.)

Any info. please PM me or call the Azusa Police Dept. (626) 812-5200 or Detective Williamson (213) 486-6944.

I'm friggin' dying to get these thieves off the streets & get the justice they deserve!!!

R-H
10-02-2011, 8:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, I'd be more then sick, can I ask if it was any fault of the safe, as I just posted I was in the market for a safe and this was a brand I was looking into. Again sorry for your loss and I understand if you don,t reply.
Thanks
Robert

Briancnelson
10-02-2011, 9:03 PM
Ouch, that's painful, man.

Lesson to us all to make sure that safe is bolted down I guess.

Synergy
10-02-2011, 9:03 PM
Sorry to hear this, I hope the scumbags get caught! Was the safe taken? Was is bolted down? Could you share some more details of the burglary

The Bacon Eater
10-02-2011, 9:20 PM
Sorry to hear about this. I hope these scum get what they deserve.

Joe
10-02-2011, 9:21 PM
Sorry to hear this, I hope the scumbags get caught! Was the safe taken? Was is bolted down? Could you share some more details of the burglary

Also want to know the answers to these questions

hoozaru
10-02-2011, 9:37 PM
holy sh**, you lost some very nice guns man
I hope those mofo losers aka gun thieves will get caught and end up being bubba's girlfriends in jail

hkfan33
10-02-2011, 9:53 PM
I'm assuming it was a 2-3 man team since that safe was a beast to unload & place in a corner of my garage.

They broke into the back of the house thru the kitchen window. Wiped out all my jewelries as well as my kid's & took the entire safe which was NOT bolted down (hard ***** lesson learned). It was found abandoned 4 days later somewhere in South Central LA.

Yup, I hope those thieves get what's coming to them! I bust my ball$ working to get descent stuff to be friggin' violated by stinking low life scumbags like this!

Norsemen308
10-02-2011, 10:44 PM
ouch...

this is why my safe is bolted down and has 2 pounds of unique powder at every corner inside.... go ahead and try to torch that ***** open....

Synergy
10-02-2011, 10:45 PM
ouch...

this is why my safe is bolted down and has 2 pounds of unique powder at every corner inside.... go ahead and try to torch that ***** open....

See my avatar, its the sticker on my safe!

hcbr
10-02-2011, 10:55 PM
sorry to hear that, hope the pd can get leads and recover it soon!

10-02-2011, 11:09 PM
DAM, sorry for the loss. Hope they get those guys asap and are able to track your collection down.

bsg
10-02-2011, 11:13 PM
sorry this happened to you and your family. let's hope for some justice on this, and that some good news on this matter will turn up soon. hang in there.

m98
10-03-2011, 12:50 AM
ouch...

That is a Damn good Idea.

On the other hand sorry for the ops property loss. I just cant imagine what those Scummbags gonna do to all those firearms. Its like being sexually violated over and over everytime you think about it.

IntoForever
10-03-2011, 1:33 AM
Sucks to hear this. Hopefully they have a Darwin moment, really soon and you get your things back.

kel-tec-innovations
10-03-2011, 2:37 AM
So Sorry to hear. Bolting down the safe is very very important. The thing is. its not that easy to load that safe on a truck. The safe itself is 920lbs. and plus all those things inside easily 1200-1500 lbs. They must have been scoping out your place already and KNOWS you have a safe which allowed them to have the proper equipment to move it out. Inside job? They seem very prepared. New friend? New Shooting friend? I never show off my safe or let anyone know where it is.

I hope those thieves gets caught. Its also smart to installed some cameras.

voiceofreason
10-03-2011, 3:32 AM
To load a safe like that, I agree they came prepared just for that purpose. Doesn't make sense to pull a job like that without knowing for sure that the residents aren't home/aren't coming home. Given the amount of work, no matter how fast they move, it wouldn't make sense to move in that direction without a lot of research or information.

I agree with kel-tec above, that they had inside info or scoped you out good. Most break ins are out of the house in under 5 mins wearing street clothes, and few if any tools.

These guys came prepared with at least 2 strong guys, a dolly, and a ramp.

conanobrennan
10-03-2011, 3:40 AM
That seems like a contingency any half brained criminals would plan for. Have a generic van. two guys go in. third is with van and dolly. criminals call when they are ready to leave or "hey, bring the dolly we got a safe."

-hanko
10-03-2011, 4:59 AM
ouch...

...and when it is torched, nothing will happen...smokeless powder just burns.

You need black powder.

OP, my heart is with you.

-hanko

crazychinaman
10-03-2011, 7:22 AM
Sorry for your loss. I hope they can catch them.The odds are not good though .What everybody has said ,Looks like inside job,or they saw the safe when the garage door was open.I Never show off safe to anybody except close friends.I alway keep my safe covered up so you cannot see them. And always bolt down safe to prevent thefts.I had a friend had that happen to him years ago the same way.The officer said you will never see the guns again.He said even if a officer does finds them ,Mostly likely he would keep them for himself. H&K 91,93,94 six AR's where stolen.

guns4life
10-03-2011, 7:25 AM
If you have a safe and it's not bolted down...GO BOLT IT DOWN TODAY!

OP, sorry about what happened to you. It never feels good knowing your personal space has been violated.

robcoe
10-03-2011, 7:45 AM
Wow, that sucks, every time I hear one of these stories it makes me worried since I can't bolt my safe down(second floor apartment, only concrete I have available is in the garage, which is common to all 3 apartments and only secured by basic padlocks, and my neighbors are kind of careless about leaving it open).

I'm saving up money for a camera/DVR system, probably should see if renters insurance will cover guns as well.

windrunner50
10-03-2011, 7:48 AM
Sorry to hear, I hate F***ing Thieves!:43:

Akers
10-03-2011, 7:55 AM
Man! I am sorry to hear that!!! Does insurance cover any of it? Not that some of it is replaceable.

Iskra
10-03-2011, 8:45 AM
Wow, that sucks, every time I hear one of these stories it makes me worried since I can't bolt my safe down(second floor apartment, only concrete I have available is in the garage, which is common to all 3 apartments and only secured by basic padlocks, and my neighbors are kind of careless about leaving it open).

I'm saving up money for a camera/DVR system, probably should see if renters insurance will cover guns as well.

Can you bolt it to the wall? My uncle drilled holes in the back of his safe and put 9 big lags into 3 different studs. Its not as good as concrete obviously, but it would sure slow them down and create a lot more noise than just leaving it unattached.

RedFord150
10-03-2011, 9:00 AM
...Given the amount of work, no matter how fast they move, it wouldn't make sense to move in that direction without a lot of research or information.
I agree with kel-tec above, that they had inside info or scoped you out good. ...
These guys came prepared with at least 2 strong guys, a dolly, and a ramp.

Very sorry to hear of this loss and very glad you posted contact info for the Azusa PD.
I recently started a thread about a very similar theft in Arcadia. My buddy Mitch also lost a large safe that was not bolted down.
Mitch is informed that the thieves in Arcadia are always ready for a safe. Many people in Arcadia are in the habit of keeping large amounts of cash in the home. They have large safes for cash. Luckily for thieves, those safes full of cash and jewelry are removed the same way as a gun safe.
The thieves are not necessarily certain that a safe is in the house, they are just ready for it.
Arcadia and Azusa are not far from me. I just increased my firearms insurance and re-inforced my safe mounting.

robcoe
10-03-2011, 9:31 AM
Can you bolt it to the wall? My uncle drilled holes in the back of his safe and put 9 big lags into 3 different studs. Its not as good as concrete obviously, but it would sure slow them down and create a lot more noise than just leaving it unattached.

nope, walls too thin, and the safe has no points where it can be bolted to the wall.

I am actually not all that worried, getting it in was easier than getting it out quietly would be, and even with a good dolly, tie down straps and 2 big guys used to manual labor it took half an hour to get it up the stairs and in the apartment empty(it now weighs a good 50-60% more with all the stuff I have in it), and even then both of us were near dead at the top of the stairs.

the only way that thing is coming out the apartment fast is if someone tips it out the front windows.

When I finally buy a place I'll probably buy a very nice safe, and sink the bottom in concrete, screw bolts you want that thing you better have a jackhammer

Wicked Pete
10-03-2011, 9:46 AM
Any suspects? Had to be someone who knew something.

SMOKEYMOUNTAIN
10-03-2011, 10:21 AM
If there is no way you can bolt down your safe (say you are on the 2nd floor), is there a way you can weld pieces of metal to the safe (make it cumbersome like a jungle gym), so that thieves have no way to even get it out a door?

Ishoot
10-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Sorry to hear this. Hope they catch these asshats.

Colt-45
10-03-2011, 4:28 PM
Sorry to hear about this. Hope they get caught and they learn the AR has a fake can (not surpressor) the HARD way.

Deamer
10-03-2011, 5:43 PM
Maybe it was this guy, shot himself with stolen pistol at Burro range in Azusa. He had two pistols in a box.
http://www.sgvtribune.com/ci_19020463

When my dad had his guns stolen the police said he had to call to see if they were recovered. They said they would not call him. He called daily for a few months and then he gave up.

bsg
10-04-2011, 2:17 PM
Any suspects? Had to be someone who knew something.

i frequently suspect that... and frequently that's the case.

Steve1968LS2
10-04-2011, 4:28 PM
Posted the M1014 over on the Benelli board..

Sorry for the loss.. hopefully you have an insurance rider to cover your loss.. not shocked at where they found the safe.

MA2
10-04-2011, 7:26 PM
Since they took some jewelery also, maybe take a look at some close by pawn shops, hopefully it will be there and the pawn shop cameras have them.
Umm, south central la...go in the day time, with buddies.

jessegpresley
10-05-2011, 11:23 PM
My condolences. Thanks for letting people know that it wasn't bolted down. This could serve as a public service reminder.

only10x
10-05-2011, 11:42 PM
goodluck. hard to imagine that this was a random act... someone near whether friends of friends or neighbors knew what you had.

Trench Broom
10-06-2011, 1:34 AM
That totally sucks - I hate thieves with a passion. :mad: Hope you get your stuff back soon.

MacOtac
10-06-2011, 1:53 AM
How do you bolt a safe to a post-tension slab home? How big was you safe that was stolen? I have an 830 LBS (Dry) Bighorn. With stuff inside I would say over a thousand pounds.

Do you live away from people or have neighbors that don't really care? I ask this because it would take some work to get my safe out and in my neighborhood that would not go unnoticed.

unusedusername
10-06-2011, 1:36 PM
How do you bolt a safe to a post-tension slab home?

With the aid of a knowledgeable contractor/engineer, bolt it to a load-bearing wall beam, or better yet, redo a load bearing wall so that the safe becomes a load bearing beam. Make sure to use a good contractor who is insured as installing it that way is super-tricky.

If they take the safe the house will fall in on them. :D

More expensive to fix, and the safe becomes a permanent part of the house, but it is epic ownage if someone tries to steal it.

TheExpertish
10-06-2011, 1:52 PM
...I bust my ball$ working to get descent stuff to be friggin' violated by stinking low life scumbags like this!

This is my sentiments exactly. That just blows. I have a feeling they'll start turning up one by one, but probably not all of them. I know the "replacements" won't feel the same either. Man, I feel like crying just reading this.

hkfan33
01-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Thank you all.

Still no word to this day as far as finding any of the stolen items from Azusa Police & just putting the word out there & giving this thread a bump just in case...

Bobby Ricigliano
01-27-2012, 5:20 AM
Light sentencing and early release programs only embolden thieves to commit property crimes such as these.

Yugo
01-27-2012, 5:24 AM
Sorry for your loss, these threads are WAY too common IMO.

kel-tec-innovations
01-27-2012, 5:29 AM
Sorry to hear you receive no good news since. Any idea how or why they targeted your house? random? Guns signs around the house or car? Someone followed you home from a shooting range? or your well known to have nice guns? Show your friends or tell anyone about your safe?

Treb5
01-27-2012, 5:35 AM
Hope these scumbags are caught soon and your property recovered.

h0use
01-27-2012, 6:10 AM
sorry for your loss, hope they catch the scum

jonc
01-27-2012, 6:22 AM
that sucks!!!!

keenkeen
01-27-2012, 6:39 AM
How do you bolt a safe to a post-tension slab home? How big was you safe that was stolen? I have an 830 LBS (Dry) Bighorn. With stuff inside I would say over a thousand pounds.

Do you live away from people or have neighbors that don't really care? I ask this because it would take some work to get my safe out and in my neighborhood that would not go unnoticed.

The safe itself is 920lbs. and plus all those things inside easily 1200-1500 lbs.

:eek:

rand17
01-27-2012, 7:14 AM
Try this..
http://stolenweapon.com/

rand17
01-27-2012, 7:15 AM
or this site... http://www.hotgunz.com/

boxl0bster
01-27-2012, 3:53 PM
sorry for your loss. it pains me to think what they're going to do with all those guns, especially the m1 :(

RP1911
01-27-2012, 4:21 PM
Dang. Sorry for the loss.

Did you do any recent transaction with anyone where they got a copy of the DROS or did you have a gun shipped to an FFL?

Colt-45
01-27-2012, 5:47 PM
ouch...

Sounds like something I need to get.

In case of a big fire that lasts hours, would that stuff be hazardous to firefighters?

thomashoward
01-27-2012, 5:54 PM
...and when it is torched, nothing will happen...smokeless powder just burns.

You need black powder.

OP, my heart is with you.

-hanko

That's why I use 3F at each corner
Sorry for the loss. Any Insurance? NRA is good for $2500.

AndrewMendez
01-27-2012, 7:54 PM
Damn my friend, sorry for your loss. Does your home owners insurance cover it? I know it's not the money you want.

ThiZZ
04-10-2012, 9:56 PM
any update on this bud? did you ever recover any of your guns?

PEZHEAD265
04-11-2012, 5:39 AM
nope, walls too thin, and the safe has no points where it can be bolted to the wall.

I am actually not all that worried, getting it in was easier than getting it out quietly would be, and even with a good dolly, tie down straps and 2 big guys used to manual labor it took half an hour to get it up the stairs and in the apartment empty(it now weighs a good 50-60% more with all the stuff I have in it), and even then both of us were near dead at the top of the stairs.

the only way that thing is coming out the apartment fast is if someone tips it out the front windows.

When I finally buy a place I'll probably buy a very nice safe, and sink the bottom in concrete, screw bolts you want that thing you better have a jackhammer

Even with it 50 or 60 percent heavier it is easier to come down the stairs then it is to go up them.Bolt it down.I am bolting mine down today.Mine is about as heavy as the OP and his was stolen and it gave me a false sense of security.Most safes will keep a honest man honest but we are dealing with thieves.

Supertac916
04-11-2012, 6:44 AM
That's crazy... Sorry to hear about your loss... I'm moving and the first thing I'm doing is bolting down my safe to the garage floor. I had the ADT guy over yesterday and it was $85 to install a motion sensor in the garage. I may spend the extra money just to be double safe... Hope they catch these guys..

Calplinker
04-11-2012, 7:56 AM
OP, sorry to hear about your loss. Must be heart breaking.

Lesson learned is to bolt it to the foundation of your home or garage and get a decent alarm. Best yet, get the supplemental insurace NRA or others sell that covers you completely for loss of gun collections.

Also, for those who think smokeless powder inside a safe will expload, think again. It won't. Black powder would, but they won't use a torch.

Not only that, but with 99% of the safes purchased for home use, a torch is totally unnecessary. They can just pry it open with large pry bars. Very effective, particularly if they aren't in a hurry and have it back at their place to work on.

SURVIVOR619
04-11-2012, 10:11 AM
This sincerely makes my heart sink. Although I am very late to the party, I am nonetheless so very sorry for you brother. Talk about violated in so many ways.

Respect, Survivor.

driftstalker
04-11-2012, 10:24 AM
sorry to hear that man. God dam crime spree is soaring this year. Every week a shooting or a robbery. Hope you get everything back man.

BrokerB
04-11-2012, 11:07 AM
my father in law got back a handgun stolen 6 years ago..Northen CA..found in Souther CA

sheriffs electro pencil a new set of serial numbers by what it looked like a blind one armed monkey- but it is still in functioning condition.. SO dont lose hope!