PDA

View Full Version : HSC, DL, plus car registration = good to go on PPT?

SteveSatch
10-02-2011, 8:35 PM
I know I need my Handgun Safety Certificate and my CA diver's license, but what is the additional ID I can bring for a private party transfer of a handgun? Is a DMV car registration OK? All my utility bills are done online and may be in wife's name. I don't want to drive down there and find out I need something else.
Thanks,
Steve

Black Majik
10-02-2011, 8:36 PM
You're good to go.

NorCal Einstein
10-02-2011, 8:41 PM
DMV car registration is good assuming the address matches your other form of ID.

mquejr
10-02-2011, 8:54 PM
as long as the address on your id and car registration matches you're good to go.
ID + HSC + car registration = GTG

Munk
10-02-2011, 8:59 PM
DMV car registration is good assuming the address matches your other form of ID.

as long as the address on your id and car registration matches you're good to go.
ID + HSC + car registration = GTG

In theory, they don't need to match, because the Reg is just to establish residency. The ID is for ID. However, many are of the opinion that it's not really proof of residency if it doesn't match.

SteveSatch
10-02-2011, 9:16 PM
Everything matches. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Distro
10-02-2011, 9:22 PM
In theory, they don't need to match, because the Reg is just to establish residency. The ID is for ID. However, many are of the opinion that it's not really proof of residency if it doesn't match.

I thought the issue/purpose of second ID was for proof of address not residency, since the DL itself would for the most part prove residency. I know the wording on Turners website says residency, but thought the spirit of the law was address.

zod
10-02-2011, 10:16 PM
GTG.

Santa Cruz Armory
10-02-2011, 10:23 PM
The ID address must match for the 4473. If the ID address doesn't match the 4473 address, a second form of proof of residency is required.

For a hand gun purchase in CA, a second form of residency is also required. This is a CA law.

OP: You're good.

GuillermoAntonio
10-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Nothing wrong.asking here, sounds like u are gtg, but calling the store you intend to.visit.is the best choice.